Another kid stabbed...just breaking

1 minute ago, Pewit said:

They would receive treatment like any other worker, no? 

No, how would they be able to claim in-work benefits like Universal Credit, Child Tax Credit, etc if they haven’t had there asylum claim granted ?

How would they get workers injury compensation ?

Their lawyers would demand every benefit a legal worker recieved.

As I said it would be a legal minefield, it’s never going to happen, I’m not arguing against making them work for what they get while waiting for their claim to be assessed, but no Government’s going to open that can of worms, so there’s no point in us going round and round in circles .

Cheers.

• Like 2

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charity starts at home mate...you get your own yard sorted first, before you go around helping every other waife and stray....Our People should come first no matter what...you tried booking a doctor's

Funny how all these sentences getting dished out are all the same type of people,poor working class etc immediately pleading guilty showing the awaiting public how terrified they should be in future..

Just been on the blower to my brother. A kid who works at his place has just been locked up for 2 years. Just an every day  bricklayer, only just had a baby, new mortgage. He went down to the protest

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

No, how would they be able to claim in-work benefits like Universal Credit, Child Tax Credit, etc if they haven’t had there asylum claim granted ?

How would they get workers injury compensation ?

Their lawyers would demand every benefit a legal worker recieved.

As I said it would be a legal minefield, it’s never going to happen, I’m not arguing against making them work for what they get while waiting for their claim to be assessed, but no Government’s going to open that can of worms, so there’s no point in us going round and round in circles .

Cheers.

Mate, they get free access to the NHS as asylum seekers, primary & secondary care. It would make no difference if they were carrying out community service or not.

Just now, Pewit said:

Mate, they get free access to the NHS as asylum seekers, primary & secondary care. It would make no difference if they were carrying out community service or not.

Now, I’m a great believer in “Godwins Law” in Im loathe to break it; but how long would it take for the lefty immigration lawyer’s  to start comparing putting asylum seekers to work with the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews ? No, not to fanciful in todays political climate ! LOL !

It doesn’t matter if they get NHS treatment or not, Work and employment Laws would have to be abandoned or run roughshod over to allow asylum seekers to work….it just won’t happen.

Now I know you will want the last word, but it’s honestly just going round in circles; I agree with your premise that they should do some kind of work, I’m just pointing out why it won’t happen.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Now, I’m a great believer in “Godwins Law” in Im loathe to break it; but how long would it take for the lefty immigration lawyer’s  to start comparing putting asylum seekers to work with the Nazi’s treatment of the Jews ? No, not to fanciful in todays political climate ! LOL !

It doesn’t matter if they get NHS treatment or not, Work and employment Laws would have to be abandoned or run roughshod over to allow asylum seekers to work….it just won’t happen.

Now I know you will want the last word, but it’s honestly just going round in circles; I agree with your premise that they should do some kind of work, I’m just pointing out why it won’t happen.

Cheers.

As I said, make it optional, nobody is forced to do anything and everyone is happy.

Just to be clear, you do know that asylum seekers can already work in specific circumstances, so, not quite the obstacles as you suggest.

Just now, iworkwhippets said:

I'm just wondering now weather it was necessary to remove my left bollock, he looked a reet shifty.bugger as did it, I going to demand it back, I've not been able to whistle sin he removed it 

Someone once told me, you go into Broomfield your lucky to come out lol .  Bollocks to it , or should I say bollock to it 

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Volunteering for unpaid charity work isn’t the same as being put to work and paid, but , hey ho, you’re not going to let it go, so I’ll yield ! LOL !

Cheers.

It's not only charity work mate, they can fill roles in which there are shortages. Come on mate that's not my aim. It wouldn't take much paper work to offer them incentives to work.

9 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Someone once told me, you go into Broomfield your lucky to come out lol .  Bollocks to it , or should I say bollock to it 

Dont worry joe, your ice cream is on the way mate

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Pewit said:

I don't understand why asylum seekers housed in hotels aren't allowed to work or at least do community service, our governments are absolute morons.

This is what you asked at the start of our conversation. I gave you some reasons, not as an argument, just to try and answer your question. Now you are telling me they ARE allowed to work !

Make your mind up, mate, I’m going dizzy here ! LOL !

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

This is what you asked at the start of our conversation. I gave you some reasons, not as an argument, just to try and answer your question. Now you are telling me they ARE allowed to work !

Make your mind up, mate, I’m going dizzy here ! LOL !

Cheers.

On further reading they are allowed to work in exceptional circumstances. Still, this should and could be brought in whilst they are all waiting for their applications to be processed IMO.

Just now, Pewit said:

On further reading they are allowed to work in exceptional circumstances. Still, this should and could be brought in whilst they are all waiting for their applications to be processed IMO.

That’s what it’s all about, opinions, I respect yours and,  as I’ve said repeatedly, I agree asylum seekers should do some type of work, but my opinion is it is to complex to PUT them to work as opposed to allowing them to volunteer.

Cheers.