• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki bull grey dog

Few from over years ticked all the boxes all related 

This is the type of animal I'd have in mind with that cross, a beauty of a dog.  

Posted Images

Just now, mC HULL said:

was it a good un chart?

It wasn’t mine, mate . Collie/ Grey , a member off here had it gifted to her, but she evidently pulled a bad stroke and bred from it and sold it on, instead of giving it back to the lad who bred it.

She was up here just for a couple of days, I did see it take a decent daytime hare though.

Cheers.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Bakerboy said:

What would they add to out and out coursing dogs

Grit, finishing power, commitment, pain tolerance, etc. What would you say bull adds to the mix?

20 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It wasn’t mine, mate . Collie/ Grey , a member off here had it gifted to her, but she evidently pulled a bad stroke and bred from it and sold it on, instead of giving it back to the lad who bred it.

She was up here just for a couple of days, I did see it take a decent daytime hare though.

Cheers.

Yes, but was it in half a meter of the sloppiest slop known to man? 

7 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Grit, finishing power, commitment, pain tolerance, etc. What would you say bull adds to the mix?

grit a bull x will quit before it collapses on a hare they don’t run until they drop 

finishing power id say me dog be quicker on normal allround edible and it’s all un damaged 

commitment ? 

pain tolerance id say without a doubt but for edible it ain’t needed is it 

• Like 2
Just now, mC HULL said:

grit a bull x will quit before it collapses on a hare they don’t run until they drop 

finishing power id say me dog be quicker on normal allround edible and it’s all un damaged 

commitment ? 

pain tolerance id say without a doubt but for edible it ain’t needed is it 

I imagine the lads that breed them don't just want to run edibles though shagger. Don't the coursing breds start waving the white flag once they start getting a bit of stick of the snoz box? Lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pewit said:

I imagine the lads that breed them don't just want to run edibles though shagger. Don't the coursing breds start waving the white flag once they start getting a bit of stick of the snoz box? Lol

a lot will 

if you like that then you want bull x  i’d say but again a coursing bred in there will take the bull x to another level 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a lot will 

if you like that then you want bull x  i’d say but again a coursing bred in there will take the bull x to another level 

Without a doubt, think of it as the coursing bred improving the limitations of a bull cross and not necessarily the other way around. Pikachu becomes Raichu!  Bet you're grinning like a Cheshire cat now....

Edited by Pewit
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

for everything else I'd probably agree with you to an extent

As mC said, most assume that folk are trying to improve the coursing bred when.you could look at it from the view of improving the bull cross. But, like a purpose bred bull cross, you wouldn't add coursing blood to dogs that are out and out teeth dogs. I'd say if you get the ingredients right you would end up with a good all-round dog.

Edited by Pewit