Football season 24/25

11 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Haaland is some sort of mutant. Nobody should be that good. A top class striker scores a goal every two games. Haaland has now scored more goals than he has made appearances in the Premier league.  He's a freak. He possesses a perfect temperament,  you couldn't instil or coach that ability. He wins games by himself and scores with a superior grin on his face. If he stays serious injury free, substance free and blood sucking WAG free, he can only smash all records.

He was born in England too. Pity he couldn't be persuaded to play for his country of birth.

I agree with his goal records , he demolishes teams , but he’s the epitome of a flat track bully imho 

goes missing for long periods in big games ( champions league final he had a shocker ) , his interplay was relatively poor but he had made significant gains on this . He doesn’t win games on his own , other players  feed him and that’s quite right , he gets the plaudits as he puts the ball in the net . But he actually does little else ( a weird trait to have ha ha ) 

weirdly I don’t think he will break many records , he won’t be around long enough to trouble Kane and shearer with the EPL record. I think he has hamstrung his international career by choosing Norway , but I understand and totally get that . I think he’ll be off in two / three years , Madrid / psg / etc where he will get a few more titles and champions leagues. Maybe 2 / 3 , that puts him well outside the top echelon . 

he is nowhere near Ronaldo and messi stats wise and I don’t think he ever will . Very exciting to watch mind . 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My nine year old grandson has just been accepted for a football academy in Saudi Arabia. His first competitive game his team won and he scored the winning goal and was “man of the match”; H

Bless you mate thankyou....yes their own son who was my best pal as kids he died when we was in our late teens and i kind of became a replacement son i suppose,which was handy really as i never got on

Rest in peace old Sven, the man was balls deep in Ulrika Johnson and coaching some of the best players in the world, out at all the best restaurants every evening, then was with some Italian bird that

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I agree with his goal records , he demolishes teams , but he’s the epitome of a flat track bully imho 

goes missing for long periods in big games ( champions league final he had a shocker ) , his interplay was relatively poor but he had made significant gains on this . He doesn’t win games on his own , other players  feed him and that’s quite right , he gets the plaudits as he puts the ball in the net . But he actually does little else ( a weird trait to have ha ha ) 

weirdly I don’t think he will break many records , he won’t be around long enough to trouble Kane and shearer with the EPL record. I think he has hamstrung his international career by choosing Norway , but I understand and totally get that . I think he’ll be off in two / three years , Madrid / psg / etc where he will get a few more titles and champions leagues. Maybe 2 / 3 , that puts him well outside the top echelon . 

he is nowhere near Ronaldo and messi stats wise and I don’t think he ever will . Very exciting to watch mind . 

Agree with most of that mate, I think HD will develop further though, his link up play in his first season was terrible, yet I think he broke the prem record for most goals in a season?... as an out and out goal scorer he's phenomenal, he doesn't seem to care if he touches the ball only 3 times in a game as l9ng as those 3 touches are goals.. its a mindset very few have, the enjoyment for most is playing (being involved) for him it is only scoring...Pep knows his limitations and his strong points..he's already got 10 of the best ball players/passers in the league (including the goalie)..

"Haaland, f**k off up front, do not come anywhere near our midfielders, and eventually we'll give you the ball and you can score"....peps team talk lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Fair.

I know he is criticised by pundits and yourself for his poor work rate but 70 goals in 69 games is a helluva contribution to  a team. Some players are so gifted they have special licence to do what they want as Ronaldo was at Utd. I've seen Ronaldo throw a few tantrums at Utd under Fergie which  would not have been tolerated if they had been lesser mortals.

No doubt he is destined for Madrid. At the end of his career his stats will be compared to the Brazilian Ronaldo and Messi. We will be able to judge then.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Fair.

I know he is criticised by pundits and yourself for his poor work rate but 70 goals in 69 games is a helluva contribution to  a team. Some players are so gifted they have special licence to do what they want as Ronaldo was at Utd. I've seen Ronaldo throw a few tantrums at Utd under Fergie which  would not have been tolerated if they had been lesser mortals.

No doubt he is destined for Madrid. At the end of his career his stats will be compared to the Brazilian Ronaldo and Messi. We will be able to judge then.

They won’t  be anywhere near the proper Ronaldo, nobody’s ever will…..period !

Just look up his list of honours on wiki…….it’s like a book ! 
The Phenomenon was just that….a phenomenon! 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

They won’t  be anywhere near the proper Ronaldo, nobody’s ever will…..period !

Just look up his list of honours on wiki…….it’s like a book ! 
The Phenomenon was just that….a phenomenon! 

I'll take a look.

Remember, not the modern Fanny’s game…..doing this every week against, at the time, the best defenders in the world and getting absolute chunks taken out of him all the time…….he is the fastest, most powerful running centre forward I ever witnessed with the ball at his feet !

For me, he is the best ever…..

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, WILF said:

Remember, not the modern Fanny’s game…..doing this every week against, at the time, the best defenders in the world and getting absolute chunks taken out of him all the time…….he is the fastest, most powerful running centre forward I ever witnessed with the ball at his feet !

For me, he is the best ever…..

Yeah, the stats show Ronaldo had a higher scoring ratio than Shrek. But to be fair to him he does not pick up transgender street girls as R was famously  caught for. Lol 

Messi has/ had a better ratio than both: a goal every 66 minutes. But then he did sell his soul to the devil. At least that's the only explanation I can come up with. These guys are some sort of athletic/ ball playing supermen.

Here's a curve ball. Say we took a leaf out of Hitler's doctrine, kidnapped both Ronaldos, Shrek and Messi and set them to work siring as many kids to specially selected Amazonian women as possible. Could we interest the super clubs in the project? How many super kids could we breed? 

Zeigt heil

3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yeah, the stats show Ronaldo had a higher scoring ratio than Shrek. But to be fair to him he does not pick up transgender street girls as R was famously  caught for. Lol 

Messi has/ had a better ratio than both: a goal every 66 minutes. But then he did sell his soul to the devil. At least that's the only explanation I can come up with. These guys are some sort of athletic/ ball playing supermen.

Here's a curve ball. Say we took a leaf out of Hitler's doctrine, kidnapped both Ronaldos, Shrek and Messi and set them to work siring as many kids to specially selected Amazonian women as possible. Could we interest the super clubs in the project? How many super kids could we breed? 

Zeigt heil

Ronaldo did the business in Brazil, Holland, Spain (twice) Italy (twice), internationally 2 world cups (golden boot just to top it)……..I could copy and paste his personal honours but nobody would read it to the end, it’s too long.

To me, he just can’t be compared to anyone else……I suppose the question is, if you are picking a team to win a champions league final and you have to choose, Ronaldo Nazario, Messi or Ronaldo…..who do you pick ?

I don’t think any of the top managers ever would think twice, Ronaldo Nazario gets picked every time…..it’s almost not even a question imho 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

Ronaldo did the business in Brazil, Holland, Spain (twice) Italy (twice), internationally 2 world cups (golden boot just to top it)……..I could copy and paste his personal honours but nobody would read it to the end, it’s too long.

To me, he just can’t be compared to anyone else……I suppose the question is, if you are picking a team to win a champions league final and you have to choose, Ronaldo Nazario, Messi or Ronaldo…..who do you pick ?

I don’t think any of the top managers ever would think twice, Ronaldo Nazario gets picked every time…..it’s almost not even a question imho 

I'm not so sure. For me it would depend on the defenders of the opposing team.

Some defenders can be very effective but not particularly quick. In which case Messi might get the nod. The modern game also favours Messi because as soon as he's touched refs award a foul against him which they are less likely to do with a giant like Ronaldo. 

2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I'm not so sure. For me it would depend on the defenders of the opposing team.

Some defenders can be very effective but not particularly quick. In which case Messi might get the nod. The modern game also favours Messi because as soon as he's touched refs award a foul against him which they are less likely to do with a giant like Ronaldo. 

Mate……just take a second to consider the defenders he was playing against :thumbs:

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate……just take a second to consider the defenders he was playing against :thumbs:

I concede I don't know as much about the game as you. I played until my thirties but my role was to mark forwards, head the ball, boot the ball or pass very quickly. I struggled with control or footballing intelligence. That is, I didn't have a picture in my head of the whole pitch as lots of even amateur players do. You think more about the game than I am capable of. So with that miserable submission, I am out.

Edited by jukel123
17 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I concede I don't know as much about the game as you. I played until my thirties but my role was to mark forwards, head the ball, boot the ball or pass very quickly. I struggled with control or footballing intelligence. That is, I didn't have a picture in my head of the whole pitch as lots of even amateur players do. You think more about the game than I am capable of. So with that miserable submission, I am out.

I think the answer is simple, when Liverpool played Real Madrid in the champions league final Sergio Ramos won them the game in the first 15 minutes by just hitting Sala…….Ronaldo Nazario  was getting hit like that 20 times a game, every game and still was unplayable. 
Messi can’t do that, nor can Ronaldo……just couldn’t, end of story mate.

Bu the way, no need to concede, it’s just an interesting conversation….there don’t have to be a “winner” lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think the answer is simple, when Liverpool played Real Madrid in the champions league final Sergio Ramos won them the game in the first 15 minutes by just hitting Sala…….Ronaldo Nazario  was getting hit like that 20 times a game, every game and still was unplayable. 
Messi can’t do that, nor can Ronaldo……just couldn’t, end of story mate.

Bu the way, no need to concede, it’s just an interesting conversation….there don’t have to be a “winner” lol 

Yes but to continue a conversation when you are out of your depth just for your ego's sake is juvenile. 

I played in the 60s and 70s when times  were very naive. I only ever deliberately fouled to stop an obvious goal and I was only ever deliberately fouled once.  A guy elbowed me in the throat when we went for a high ball. Even then I had to be persuaded by my team mates that it was intentional. That's how simple and trusting I was. There was the odd threat and cussing but I always thought that detracted from the gentleman's game. I preferred to shake hands at the end of a game. So I genuinely never learned about tactics other than 'mark him. Don't let him turn you.' That was it. I haven't really kept up with the modern game so no point in continuing a thread when I don't know what I'm talking about. Interesting and  informative though.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yes but to continue a conversation when you are out of your depth just for your ego's sake is juvenile. 

I played in the 60s and 70s when times  were very naive. I only ever deliberately fouled to stop an obvious goal and I was only ever deliberately fouled once.  A guy elbowed me in the throat when we went for a high ball. Even then I had to be persuaded by my team mates that it was intentional. That's how simple and trusting I was. There was the odd threat and cussing but I always thought that detracted from the gentleman's game. I preferred to shake hands at the end of a game. So I genuinely never learned about tactics other than 'mark him. Don't let him turn you.' That was it. I haven't really kept up with the modern game so no point in continuing a thread when I don't know what I'm talking about. Interesting and  informative though.

All those things still count mate imho so you are as informed as anyone else. 

Watched utd today Liverpool midfield just by passed utds at ease the shape was all over the place Bruno moaning at team mates and blaming them when his pass was intercepted he's no way a captain especially for a club like man u casimerio looks shot like rashford needs dropping even the fans are turning on rashford now he looks disinterested and half hearted