Football season 24/25

On 29/08/2024 at 13:23, WILF said:

I’m a bit aggrieved that nobody has been polite enough to mention the Hammers nice little win last night !……load of “big team” big time Charlie’s ! Lol 

Think i'll hold off my return to going down the Hammers just a little while longer with the run of fixtures we have coming up :cry:

• Haha 1

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My nine year old grandson has just been accepted for a football academy in Saudi Arabia. His first competitive game his team won and he scored the winning goal and was “man of the match”; H

Bless you mate thankyou....yes their own son who was my best pal as kids he died when we was in our late teens and i kind of became a replacement son i suppose,which was handy really as i never got on

Rest in peace old Sven, the man was balls deep in Ulrika Johnson and coaching some of the best players in the world, out at all the best restaurants every evening, then was with some Italian bird that

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Think i'll hold off my return to going down the Hammers just a little while longer with the run of fixtures we have coming up :cry:

Go gnash be  brave big lad like you, get down there son lol.fook me my team looking like we truly blew it this/ next season. Had 91 million  from who sold. OK there keeping check on the money  not going in debt. But we crying out for defender  and proven no9, thi k wolves could go down , feel sorry for the people paying ticket to watch them, my son goes down watch few games. But his married with 2 kids, he 37 lorry driver put long hours to make is money, and shame spend it on them, if carne get few good proven players  in.?

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

From a trying something new perspective I think playing the likes of City etc is exactly what you want……from a trying not to get done in 10-0, maybe not so much mate ! :laugh:

49 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Eddie should have been more specific when he asked for someone on the right at St. James'.

st james.png

I think old John is going a bit senile !

He backed Reform UK in the election and was a big donator , now he’s backing Jenrick to be next leader of the Tory’s.

Newcastles management aren’t happy about him basically making a Tory Party Political broadcast from St. James’ without telling them !

Cheers.

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

He backed Reform UK in the election and was a big donator , now he’s backing Jenrick to be next leader of the Tory’s.

Newcastles management aren’t happy about him basically making a Tory Party Political broadcast from St. James’ without telling them !

Cheers.

I guess as an outsider lookin in, Hall has been good for NUFC. However he did preside over the sacking of the highly competent, absolute gentleman and genuine working class hero,   Bobby Robson.  He was  in cahoots with bag _of_ shit Shepherd and gave the manager's job to Souness: another  very unsavoury character imo.

Jenrick's career is punctuated by dodgy dealings and wonky expenses. Famously, he tried to push through a housing application by awarding a contract to his tory mate. The decision was challenged and the courts found him........ the tory Housing Minister, to have acted with bias. Jenrick  apparently tried to deprive ordinary people of social housing and a London Borough of tens of millions  of pounds. He's a disgrace  imo. He's now the frontrunner for the tory leadership. Talk about a brass neck!

Apologies for my  political drumbeating. Its not my fault guv. Its Eastcoast for posting the photo. Lol

I'd love to see Jenrick being paraded at half time around the St James' pitch. He would be loudly booed I reckon. I was at a Celtic match about 20 years back and the half time entertainment included a Gary Glitter performance. He was booed off. And that was before his paedophilia came to light.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Edited by jukel123
8 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I guess as an outsider lookin in, Hall has been good for NUFC. However he did preside over the sacking of the highly competent, absolute gentleman and genuine working class hero,   Bobby Robson.  He was  in cahoots with bag _of_ shit Shepherd and gave the manager's job to Souness: another  very unsavoury character imo.

Jenrick's career is punctuated by dodgy dealings and wonky expenses. Famously, he tried to push through a housing application by awarding a contract to his tory mate. The decision was challenged and the courts found him........ the tory Housing Minister, to have acted with bias. Jenrick  apparently tried to deprive ordinary people of social housing and a London Borough of tens of millions  of pounds. He's a disgrace  imo. He's now the frontrunner for the tory leadership. Talk about a brass neck!

Apologies for my  political drumbeating. Its not my fault guv. Its Eastcoast for posting the photo. Lol

Sir John evidently asked for access to the ground as part of the making of a documentary for his biography.

But he turned up with Jenrick and made a pitch, ( pardon the pun), for Jenricks bid to be leader of the Tory Party,

Naughty…. The Toons hierarchy were less than pleased and put out a press release saying they hadn’t sanctioned it.

As for all the contenders for the Tory Leadership; everyone of them has held senior cabinet positions in the last government and were complicit in the complete eviceration of the Tory party at the last election, so what would they now do different ?

A rhetorical question; they will just lie to us and then do nothing different !

Cheers.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I'd love to see Jenrick being paraded at half time around the St James' pitch. He would be loudly booed I reckon. I was at a Celtic match about 20 years back and the half time entertainment included a Gary Glitter performance. He was booed off. And that was before his paedophilia came to light.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Don't go dragging me into it. I just think Almiron has has his day and Murphy is not consistent enough. That Jenrick doesn't even look like a footballer IMO.

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Sir John evidently asked for access to the ground as part of the making of a documentary for his biography.

But he turned up with Jenrick and made a pitch, ( pardon the pun), for Jenricks bid to be leader of the Tory Party,

Naughty…. The Toons hierarchy were less than pleased and put out a press release saying they hadn’t sanctioned it.

As for all the contenders for the Tory Leadership; everyone of them has held senior cabinet positions in the last government and were complicit in the complete eviceration of the Tory party at the last election, so what would they now do different ?

A rhetorical question; they will just lie to us and then do nothing different !

Cheers.

Agreed. But Jenrick is as blatant as Bojo. He really is bent.

Anyway, back to football. I see toon have offered 35 million for Elanga of Nottingham Forest. Yet another example of Man U's complete incompetence with regard to business dealings. Man U sold him for 15 million! Every deal we make bleeds us dry. I hope the new brown at Utd sweeps clean. It can't go on. Can it?

2 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Don't go dragging me into it. I just think Almiron has has his day and Murphy is not consistent enough. That Jenrick doesn't even look like a footballer IMO.

He throws a few curve balls, but never left field.lol

14 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Agreed. But Jenrick is as blatant as Bojo. He really is bent.

Anyway, back to football. I see toon have offered 35 million for Elanga of Nottingham Forest. Yet another example of Man U's complete incompetence with regard to business dealings. Man U sold him for 15 million! Every deal we make bleeds us dry. I hope the new brown at Utd sweeps clean. It can't go on. Can it?

Evidently Forest have turned down £35 million and want far more as ManU have a big sell on clause .

I think clubs are putting a Saudi premium on sales to Newcastle; every time we matched Palaces price for Guehi they added another £5 million, in the end they wanted £75 million, I doubt he’s worth half that, and Newcastle walked away.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I'm not educated on politics, never had much interest, but have no problem with Sir John. He generated work and development in the region. Saved NUFC from oblivion as a hobby. End of politics from me. 5- 2 Sunday. Isak 1st hat trick, Gordon 1,  William Osula 1 for his 1st goal in EPL to take the roof off! 

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Evidently Forest have turned down £35 million and want far more as ManU have a big sell on clause .

I think clubs are putting a Saudi premium on sales to Newcastle; every time we matched Palaces price for Guehi they added another £5 million, in the end they wanted £75 million, I doubt he’s worth half that, and Newcastle walked away.

Cheers.

There's time yet for Guehi. The night is young.

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Time yet for Palace to climb down?  Perhaps there's one or two surprises to come in this window.

As a Man U sufferer I'm disappointed we've let both Wan Bissaka and Mctominay leave. Both really solid performers. I'd love Lindelof and  Anthony to go. I'd take any offer for either . We would only recoup a fraction of the eighty8080 million we paid for Anthony and Lindelof could go on a free as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by jukel123

Watched Everton highlights what's happening there never thought I would see a dyche side fold like that I watched West ham city a good game but give halaand them chances and room your asking for trouble