Football season 24/25

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My nine year old grandson has just been accepted for a football academy in Saudi Arabia. His first competitive game his team won and he scored the winning goal and was “man of the match”; H

Bless you mate thankyou....yes their own son who was my best pal as kids he died when we was in our late teens and i kind of became a replacement son i suppose,which was handy really as i never got on

Rest in peace old Sven, the man was balls deep in Ulrika Johnson and coaching some of the best players in the world, out at all the best restaurants every evening, then was with some Italian bird that

Posted Images

Is it just me, or is Chelsea becoming a bit of a running joke move for players ?……seriously, what neutral watches a Chelsea without Cole Palmer in that side ?

43 first team players (city and Liverpool have about half that)……who go’s there if you have ambition to play regular football ? 
 7 year contract on £300k a week is nice, but f***ing hell like, surely you want to be a regular part of things ? 
Jao Felix walks into most sides in Europe and he will be a bit part player at Chelsea…..is it just me, or is that a total lack of ambition or what ? 
Why the f**k is a lad like Ivan Toney going to a club like Chelsea ?….god forgive me, but a better move would be the yids ! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

Is it just me, or is Chelsea becoming a bit of a running joke move for players ?……seriously, what neutral watches a Chelsea without Cole Palmer in that side ?

43 first team players (city and Liverpool have about half that)……who go’s there if you have ambition to play regular football ? 
 7 year contract on £300k a week is nice, but f***ing hell like, surely you want to be a regular part of things ? 
Jao Felix walks into most sides in Europe and he will be a bit part player at Chelsea…..is it just me, or is that a total lack of ambition or what ? 
Why the f**k is a lad like Ivan Toney going to a club like Chelsea ?….god forgive me, but a better move would be the yids ! 

Tottenham signed Solanke, I think that will prove to be good business.. he should do well with Maddison and Son around him, a side to watch now

• Like 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

Tottenham signed Solanke, I think that will prove to be good business.. he should do well with Maddison and Son around him, a side to watch now

I was watching their pre season at the training ground on YouTube mate, listening to Ange’s coaching staff and the big man himself…..I like their gritty, go and give it a good go style…..it’s great to watch. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

I have started coaching an adult team this year and I’m using a “false” 9 because the forward they brought in is too fat and slow to stretch defences but he is strong and can hold a ball up and don’t have a bad passing ability, so I’m using no traditional centre forwards at all……I’m using a 6 and 2 x 10s with the 9 at the point with quick wingers, bouncing a pass off the 9 from the 10 and then the 10 is popping it into the pocket behind full backs for the wide over lapping players……puts a slower 9 who still has not a bad ability to score goals in more space around the edge of the 18 with younger, fitter 10s and wingers driving in.

Basically, it’s what you use when your 9 is in tatters ! 

Man City were outstanding without an out and out striker for a couple of years, it can be done ..but... for me a striker is what you play through/up to.. hit his feet and get around him, hit the channels to relieve a bit of pressure to a willing runner... we've all played with the fat striker who was a pro back in the day, great touch, can pass and see things, get 2 runners off him.and you're away, at our level I like that..  i finished playing with just that type of man, a little younger than me but overweight and no wish to keep fit, but by christ he could play... Rob Speakmam, came down from Wales to and signed for City only played 20 odd games as a youngsters before some bad injuries, score 3 league goals (he liked to remind us! Lol)... but could play, you know the score mate, nothing wasted, everything for a reason.. we were a team of old players who had all done a bit abd young players that never would, I had enough in the end..kicking a ball over my head and expect me to chase it at nearly 40, f**k that! Lol

Anyway, that was similar with him.playing in that hile with a couple of young runners..., I ended up playing up.front with Speaky a few times in those game, a bit of a target man to change it up, but we could both play and my midfield days were way behind me, get 45 out of.me in there then chuck me up front! Lol

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

I was watching their pre season at the training ground on YouTube mate, listening to Ange’s coaching staff and the big man himself…..I like their gritty, go and give it a good go style…..it’s great to watch. 

Me too..

Reminds me a little of Keegans Newcastle...

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Man City were outstanding without an out and out striker for a couple of years, it can be done ..but... for me a striker is what you play through/up to.. hit his feet and get around him, hit the channels to relieve a bit of pressure to a willing runner... we've all played with the fat striker who was a pro back in the day, great touch, can pass and see things, get 2 runners off him.and you're away, at our level I like that..  i finished playing with just that type of man, a little younger than me but overweight and no wish to keep fit, but by christ he could play... Rob Speakmam, came down from Wales to and signed for City only played 20 odd games as a youngsters before some bad injuries, score 3 league goals (he liked to remind us! Lol)... but could play, you know the score mate, nothing wasted, everything for a reason.. we were a team of old players who had all done a bit abd young players that never would, I had enough in the end..kicking a ball over my head and expect me to chase it at nearly 40, f**k that! Lol

Anyway, that was similar with him.playing in that hile with a couple of young runners..., I ended up playing up.front with Speaky a few times in those game, a bit of a target man to change it up, but we could both play and my midfield days were way behind me, get 45 out of.me in there then chuck me up front! Lol

The add in here is that you have to teach everyone not to play football like they are 8 and in a playground at school ! Lol 

11 minutes ago, WILF said:

The add in here is that you have to teach everyone not to play football like they are 8 and in a playground at school ! Lol 

Good luck! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

How about big Lukaku back at Utd? He is the quintessential swashbuckling centre forward who can release The likes of Amad, Rashford and Garnacho.

Given last season's tally of goals which was embarrassing, it makes perfect sense to me. Give me a like for the word 'quintessential' if nothing else.Lol

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

How about big Lukaku back at Utd? He is the quintessential swashbuckling centre forward who can release The likes of Amad, Rashford and Garnacho.

Given last season's tally of goals which was embarrassing, it makes perfect sense to me. Give me a like for the word 'quintessential' if nothing else.Lol

To be kind to Lakaku, he looks like he is fighting his genetics all the time…..he is some shit shape to be fair.

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

To be kind to Lakaku, he looks like he is fighting his genetics all the time…..he is some shit shape to be fair.

I know what you mean. I don't pretend to understand the modern game and his style doesn't seem to fit. But f**k me he can score goals and makes goals. What's not to like?

Dont think Toney has moved yet. I think he will go to Saudi.

Papers are full of the exchange of Sancho for Sterling. Please no. Man U need a centre forward not another winger. Part of the reason Sancho is available is that he was made redundant by Garnacho who is a more reliable player. I'm still hoping that there's a plan to sign a goalscorer. 

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I know what you mean. I don't pretend to understand the modern game and his style doesn't seem to fit. But f**k me he can score goals and makes goals. What's not to like?

He is 31 and fat mate, not exactly the signing of a team trying to start a new chapter is it…….

30 minutes ago, WILF said:

He is 31 and fat mate, not exactly the signing of a team trying to start a new chapter is it…….

He's all we can afford.

Fat? Rooney was a fat b*****d, that's why Fergie played him every game, to keep his weight down. He's even fatter now.

An obese Lukaku is just what we need. I would not like to mark him. I'd throw a sickie if I found out it was my job to nullify his threat.

96 goals in 42 games for United  and a career average of a goal,every two games in elite competitions. A lot better stats than any other player we have. 

Edited by jukel123