Football season 24/25

2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I see mctominay is going Napoli for 25 million seems cheap for a player of his level he scored some important goals last season surprised there letting him go and looks Sancho of again I think Chelsea this time I don't think ten haig has forgiven anything about what happened 

f***ing he’ll , for a kid who get a lot of stick , he’s done very well when asked . 
what a great move for his game and for Scotland 

• Like 2

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My nine year old grandson has just been accepted for a football academy in Saudi Arabia. His first competitive game his team won and he scored the winning goal and was “man of the match”; H

Bless you mate thankyou....yes their own son who was my best pal as kids he died when we was in our late teens and i kind of became a replacement son i suppose,which was handy really as i never got on

Rest in peace old Sven, the man was balls deep in Ulrika Johnson and coaching some of the best players in the world, out at all the best restaurants every evening, then was with some Italian bird that

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I see mctominay is going Napoli for 25 million seems cheap for a player of his level he scored some important goals last season surprised there letting him go and looks Sancho of again I think Chelsea this time I don't think ten haig has forgiven anything about what happened 

Been a good servant to the club abd will be gutted to leave no doubt, but he can't stay a bit player for ever, he's too good for that... shame he's going, unfortunately he's not in the same level as the top midfielders in the league, and UTD have to be ruthless and kick on now

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

he’s done very well when asked . 

Yes he carrys a goal threat been used in various positions but always gave his best I think he was even made captain for a few games last season but like you say it could be a great career move im just  surprised at the fee 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

f***ing he’ll , for a kid who get a lot of stick , he’s done very well when asked . 

I personally get the impression that McTominay is a very honest player, and I like that in a player.

I don’t mean not cheating fouls etc etc, I mean as a person going about his job on the pitch……it’s never those players who get all the love and that’s a shame imho because football lads will know exactly what I mean when I say they are worth their weight in gold.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, WILF said:

I personally get the impression that McTominay is a very honest player, and I like that in a player.

I don’t mean not cheating fouls etc etc, I mean as a person going about his job on the pitch……it’s never those players who get all the love and that’s a shame imho because football lads will know exactly what I mean when I say they are worth their weight in gold.

Weren't the hammers interested in him wilf  wouldn't be a bad signing to be honest I get were newkid is coming from but is mount or casimerio having a greater influence on games than mctominay does 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Weren't the hammers interested in him wilf  wouldn't be a bad signing to be honest I get were newkid is coming from but is mount or casimerio having a greater influence on games than mctominay does 

No they aren't mate, casimero had a very good first season, but is looking leggy, his best years are behind him...another short term signing...Mount just doesn't look.the player he was 3.or 4 years ago... but.. Mainoo, Garnacho, Amad etc are the future, McTominay has been a great honest player for the club, but he isn't good enough to command the midfield in any of the top teams.

Arsenal = Rice/Odegard 

City = De Bruyne/Rodri

Liverpool = Macalister/szobizlai (spelling)

UTD need to sign a "proper" midfielder to challenge for top 4, let alone the league... Someone to bring Mainoo on, steady everything, control a game... casimero isn't that man, Bruno is a fantastic, but he's not a midfielder, he's a number 10 in desperate need of a striker to play off (hopefully Hoijland is back soon).

My choice would be De Jong, we watched Barcelona live last year, and he was the best player on the pitch for me, controlled everything, the tempo, his long and short passing was great, very mobile...a proper CM..

No disrespect to West Ham or anyone else, but McTominay wouldve been a perfect fit for them he is a very good premier league player, but he's not going to win you the league, UTD should be at least challenging, where as West Ham don't expect to be...

• Like 2

Good post kev I agree mainoo is a class act especially in tight areas and maybe sign players to play around him that would help him like de Jong but from what i saw players like rashford antony mount cassimero and a few others need shipping out and replacing  and is hoijlund prolific enough for a team like utd that need to start competing with the top teams again he works hard like darwin nunez at liverpool but you need that clincal striker and would someone like ivan toney not be  worth a gamble 

16 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Good post kev I agree mainoo is a class act especially in tight areas and maybe sign players to play around him that would help him like de Jong but from what i saw players like rashford antony mount cassimero and a few others need shipping out and replacing  and is hoijlund prolific enough for a team like utd that need to start competing with the top teams again he works hard like darwin nunez at liverpool but you need that clincal striker and would someone like ivan toney not be  worth a gamble 

Time will tell with Hoijland mate, for me he looked every inch a proper striker, he's a handful, runs the channels and his movement in the box was very good, he's a proper number 9...but.. the service to him last year was woeful, I don't know hos stats but I think he ended up with maybe 15 goals, which isn't bad considering he fed off scraps...I think with Van Nistelroy there coaching him he'll come good personally... but, why only one proper striker at the club? We're now using Bruno as a false 9 (whatever that is?? Lol) as we haven't got a fit striker...madness...I'd love them to sign Toney and that fella at Napoli who Chelsea are now chasing, he scores goals for fun... go out and make a statement, bring real competition for places...like the days of 4 top class strikers in the club. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Time will tell with Hoijland mate, for me he looked every inch a proper striker, he's a handful, runs the channels and his movement in the box was very good, he's a proper number 9...but.. the service to him last year was woeful, I don't know hos stats but I think he ended up with maybe 15 goals, which isn't bad considering he fed off scraps...I think with Van Nistelroy there coaching him he'll come good personally... but, why only one proper striker at the club? We're now using Bruno as a false 9 (whatever that is?? Lol) as we haven't got a fit striker...madness...I'd love them to sign Toney and that fella at Napoli who Chelsea are now chasing, he scores goals for fun... go out and make a statement, bring real competition for places...like the days of 4 top class strikers in the club. 

I have started coaching an adult team this year and I’m using a “false” 9 because the forward they brought in is too fat and slow to stretch defences but he is strong and can hold a ball up and don’t have a bad passing ability, so I’m using no traditional centre forwards at all……I’m using a 6 and 2 x 10s with the 9 at the point with quick wingers, bouncing a pass off the 9 from the 10 and then the 10 is popping it into the pocket behind full backs for the wide over lapping players……puts a slower 9 who still has not a bad ability to score goals in more space around the edge of the 18 with younger, fitter 10s and wingers driving in.

Basically, it’s what you use when your 9 is in tatters ! Lol 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have started coaching an adult team this year and I’m using a “false” 9 because the forward they brought in is too fat and slow to stretch defences but he is strong and can hold a ball up and don’t have a bad passing ability, so I’m using no traditional centre forwards at all……I’m using a 6 and 2 x 10s with the 9 at the point with quick wingers, bouncing a pass off the 9 from the 10 and then the 10 is popping it into the pocket behind full backs for the wide over lapping players……puts a slower 9 who still has not a bad ability to score goals in more space around the edge of the 18 with younger, fitter 10s and wingers driving in.

It's times like this I wish Max was on here to put you straight 🤣

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, WILF said:

I thought the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade was over mate? Lol

58 minutes ago, Pewit said:

I thought the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade was over mate? Lol

Wrong thread ? ……..having played at levels you should be able to contribute better than that mate in fairness :thumbs:

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

It's times like this I wish Max was on here to put you straight 🤣

Max should be allowed back on. 
He’s got some good dogs and he’ll be in a very good mood with Sunderland unbeaten and top of the Championship.

Cheers.

33 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Max should be allowed back on. 
He’s got some good dogs and he’ll be in a very good mood with Sunderland unbeaten and top of the Championship.

Cheers.

Other than he is mental…..you could be right ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1