Football season 24/25

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Fergie was ruthless, spiteful and vengeful. But he wasn't paid to be a nice fella. He has quite a few skeletons in the closet.

He ruled with a rod of iron and he often said his success was based on discipline. Some would say that you can't manage like that these days but I think  it's a vital part of a manager's skill set or personality.

Players have got to have respect and a little fear or wariness of their manager. Most ex Man U players admit they were scared of Fergie and it made them better players. But, as we all know, he protected the players from public criticism. Everything stayed in the dressing room.

Yes what he did was spiteful because his son wasn't up to the job but was that the best for those young lads careers fergie won it all and fair play but he's still a smacked arse fecker were was he when Darren his son got done for knocking his Mrs about on Alex's drive which is camera upped he said nothing 

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bless you mate thankyou....yes their own son who was my best pal as kids he died when we was in our late teens and i kind of became a replacement son i suppose,which was handy really as i never got on

My nine year old grandson has just been accepted for a football academy in Saudi Arabia. His first competitive game his team won and he scored the winning goal and was “man of the match”; H

Rest in peace old Sven, the man was balls deep in Ulrika Johnson and coaching some of the best players in the world, out at all the best restaurants every evening, then was with some Italian bird that

Posted Images

I really enjoyed watching Jack Grealish playing tonight. Not liked so much since he joined Man City just stuck on the wing reduced to trying win free kicks. Watched the game with a Villa friend who said that tonight that was more of his position at Villa. No need for anyone else on the left wing anyway other than the superb Anthony Gordon. Still a little ring rusty after the summer but what a player man. Love the kid.

• Like 1

That last night has got to be one of the most enjoyable England games I have ever seen, brilliant !

Edited by WILF

Watched Wolves v Newcastle on TV and however pleased I am to win 3 points when not playing particularly well to go up to joint 2nd on points I still have a gripe with my Victor Meldrew hat on. Replays of actions that lead to a set piece being shown and by the time the director goes back to the live action the set piece has already been played. These people will be getting paid many £1000's  and yet are so incompetent at their jobs. And commentators talking shite about what happened when the sides last met 6 month ago, or 6 years ago, or 60 years ago as though it has any relevance on the game that they are meant to be watching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Real Madrid v Stuttgart was a cracker, score didn’t reflect how good stuttgart were, they just could not take their chances…….Courtois saved Madrids arse in the first half.

Then what about Bayern, absolute demolition job on Dynamo Zagreb….9 goals like, amazing. 

8 hours ago, WILF said:

Well, the Liverpool game went well ! Lol 

I thought we did alright the first hour. On another day their first would’ve been disallowed and we may have got a penalty. 

Need 4 points from next 2 games.

16 hours ago, Dutch said:

I thought we did alright the first hour. On another day their first would’ve been disallowed and we may have got a penalty. 

Need 4 points from next 2 games.

Yeah, not seen it yet but apparently we played some half decent football.

NUFC v MCFC, good game today. Best part for me was to see Anthony Gordon take the penalty that he had won. Many older and skilled players on the pitch who could have stepped up but he had the balls to take it himself. I would have been more disappointed if someone else had taken it and scored should Gordon have bottled it or taken it and failed to score. But he took it and did not miss. Love the kid!

26 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

NUFC v MCFC, good game today. Best part for me was to see Anthony Gordon take the penalty that he had won. Many older and skilled players on the pitch who could have stepped up but he had the balls to take it himself. I would have been more disappointed if someone else had taken it and scored should Gordon have bottled it or taken it and failed to score. But he took it and did not miss. Love the kid!

Yeah a good game, probably the best Newcastle have played this season .

Haaland wasn’t allowed to bully the defence, yes, he put “Handsome Dan “ on his arse once, but Dan showed his intent when he took a lump out of Haalands Achilles!

Gordon worked hard and done well but he’s not a centre forward, he’s an out and out left winger, one of two we have with Barnes.

We desperately need a striker. Isak injured, Wison never fit and the young lad Osula not good enough yet.

But a good display and keeps us in touch.

Cheers.

Me and a few friends have something similar to the What You Drinking Tonight that's on here. I took a picture of tonight's tipple (early afternoon actually) just as Newcastle were awarded a penalty. I praised Gordon last week for having the courage to step up, but I knew he wasn't going to score this 1 :-), but he's still a bairn and even Shearer missed the odd 1.

I enjoyed the game though as an example of how far my club have came in few years. Often I have been envious of Everton as an EPL staple. Always staying up, having decent domestic cup runs, usually finishing mid-table. During most of the Ashley era how I wished we could do the same.

The tide has changed though. Everton will be pleased getting a point at home to Newcastle, we will not be happy only getting a point away from home at Goodison. Even with playing without a striker by trade. 

Edited by eastcoast
  • Like 1

First home win of the season, tidy little turn out.

Mind you, Delaps goal was a belter….watched him a couple of games and he is in the sort of form where you can’t give him any space.

Watched Traore have an absolute nightmare for Fulham…..Jesus Christ, awful !

Arsenal are grinding out the results but I don’t know, they just never feel that commanding when you watch them…..that said, I only watch MOTD edited stuff so it never tells the whole story, maybe I’m wrong.

Me and the boy are off to see Sligo Rover v Celtic on Wednesday, we have our Glasgow Rangers shirts ironed and ready just for the shithouse value and to upset all the white Lilly brigade ! Lol 

Been football overload lately, 3/4 days/evenings a week……was at an U18 semi final last night, standard was f***ing garbage to be honest about it but it beats “strictly come dancing” lol 

• Like 2

Not really seen much football lately watched highlights seen a few goals go in from outside the box the other week I don't know why teams like to walk it in what's up with putting your laces through it now and again 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Not really seen much football lately watched highlights seen a few goals go in from outside the box the other week I don't know why teams like to walk it in what's up with putting your laces through it now and again 

I have this discussion regular and have had it plenty of times on here, but imho there just isn’t any proper forwards anymore mate.

This generation of players have all been brought up coached in the “multi role” system, my personal evaluation is that it’s basically wingers who can do a few jobs…..some may disagree but it’s what I’ve seen and read in the UEFA player pathway and with UEFA A & B academy coaching.

Its what Ajax have done for decades and that is basically the UEFA model.

Its all triangles and intricate little inter changes (which is nothing new) but it’s all, recycle wait, recycle wait…..there’s no directness to it.

Its what watching Brentford & Wolves slug it out yesterday is so nice to see.

I watched the Milan Derby the other day, f***ing hell like…..watching the likes of Tammy Abrahams miss sitter after sitter when you remember the players who have graced those two clubs…..it’s a completely different reality.

Shearer was obviously commenting on the Fulham game yesterday on MOTD, what must he be thinking watching Traore miss 3 absolute gifts for a forward ? 

Haaland is great to watch, but he is great because the likes of him don’t exist anymore…..in 1998 he’d have been 1 of 10 just like him, better ?! 

• Like 2