Football season 24/25

16 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

He's all we can afford.

Fat? Rooney was a fat b*****d, that's why Fergie played him every game, to keep his weight down. He's even fatter now.

An obese Lukaku is just what we need. I would not like to mark him. I'd throw a sickie if I found out it was my job to nullify his threat.

96 goals in 42 games for United  and a career average of a goal,every two games in elite competitions. A lot better stats than any other player we have. 

It’s just my opinion mate, but I think Serie A is his level now…..I just can’t see why you’d buy him when you have one of the greatest strikers in the world coaching a very handy looking young prospect.

Utd fans had 20+ years of absolute fantasy football…..you won’t get that back in 2 seasons but I do think Ten Haag is making the right noises with what he is doing….jmho of course 

• Like 1

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bless you mate thankyou....yes their own son who was my best pal as kids he died when we was in our late teens and i kind of became a replacement son i suppose,which was handy really as i never got on

My nine year old grandson has just been accepted for a football academy in Saudi Arabia. His first competitive game his team won and he scored the winning goal and was “man of the match”; H

Rest in peace old Sven, the man was balls deep in Ulrika Johnson and coaching some of the best players in the world, out at all the best restaurants every evening, then was with some Italian bird that

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s just my opinion mate, but I think Serie A is his level now…..I just can’t see why you’d buy him when you have one of the greatest strikers in the world coaching a very handy looking young prospect.

Utd fans had 20+ years of absolute fantasy football…..you won’t get that back in 2 seasons but I do think Ten Haag is making the right noises with what he is doing….jmho of course 

I agree, the changes are happening slowly but surely and at least Ten Hag is pushing towards what he wants..  Lukaku is step backwards for me, I really think Hoijland is a real prospect and as you say with RVN in his ear everyday he will only improve further.. I still think they need another striker, that fella at Napoli looks the part avd they would both demand game time, Lukaku would sit for a pay day now... get another young talent in, the boy at  Brighton, Ferguson looks another great prospect, that would excite me more than Lukaku... we ain't winning the league for the next couple of years at least, I think the build for the future has begun, 3 years to try and get the right bits of the jigsaw, champions league is a priority but no way a dead cert, far from it, that's the starting point for this utd team

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Dont think Toney has moved yet. I think he will go to Saudi.

Papers are full of the exchange of Sancho for Sterling. Please no. Man U need a centre forward not another winger. Part of the reason Sancho is available is that he was made redundant by Garnacho who is a more reliable player. I'm still hoping that there's a plan to sign a goalscorer. 

No matter where he ends up apparently Newcastle get 13% of the Toney sale in £££'s. For all his faults Ashley was/is an astute businessman. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I agree, the changes are happening slowly but surely and at least Ten Hag is pushing towards what he wants..  Lukaku is step backwards for me, I really think Hoijland is a real prospect and as you say with RVN in his ear everyday he will only improve further.. I still think they need another striker, that fella at Napoli looks the part avd they would both demand game time, Lukaku would sit for a pay day now... get another young talent in, the boy at  Brighton, Ferguson looks another great prospect, that would excite me more than Lukaku... we ain't winning the league for the next couple of years at least, I think the build for the future has begun, 3 years to try and get the right bits of the jigsaw, champions league is a priority but no way a dead cert, far from it, that's the starting point for this utd team

I'm not really serious about Lukaku. But we only have Hojlund in that position. Yes we have some helluva prospects coming through, including the hotshot kid we nicked from Arsenal. But an older, experienced prolific striker would give us a vital missing dimension in that department. Even if he only played half the games, or half the matches,  I think such a player is needed. Hojlund is developing and he is all we have.

• Like 2
Just now, jukel123 said:

I'm not really serious about Lukaku. But we only have Hojlund in that position. Yes we have some helluva prospects coming through, including the hotshot kid we nicked from Arsenal. But an older, experienced prolific striker would give us a vital missing dimension in that department. Even if he only played half the games, or half the matches,  I think such a player is needed. Hojlund is developing and he is all we have.

Agreed mate 

3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I can't remember utd never having such a player ever they always had plenty of goals from all positions even of the bench but not now maybe a couple of statement signing in that postion are what is needed now 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I can't remember utd never having such a player ever they always had plenty of goals from all positions even of the bench but not now maybe a couple of statement signing in that postion are what is needed now 

The “strikers” that we all remember about Utd just don’t exist any more imho mate……there are no Hughs or Cole & Yorke or Van Nistelrooy or Solkear or Sherringham or Kanchelkis or Berbatov…….there isn’t even a Chiterito or Hernandez or Diouf

They don’t make Micheal Owens et al anymore…..to be fair, Harland would have been better joining Utd because they would rely on him in a way Peps teams just don’t and he would (if possible !) score even more chances because people would want to give him the ball more.

City can really take or leave Earling Haarland, football wise in that team I don’t think it would bother Pep if he wasn’t there tomorrow…..but Pep hasn’t got to face him in another team and I suppose that has its own value too.

In any other team, Haarland is the main man but in that city squad he is just another player in reality…..what Utd wouldn’t give to have that big f****r to aim at I reckon ! 

Looks like UTD are about to sign Ugarte from PSG, don't know much about him but he's supposed to be fit as f**k abd loves a tackle..proper ball winner...that's what we need in that midfield, a mobile ball winner... I already like him for one statement alone.. 

"When we have the ball, it's a game...... when we don't, it's a fight!"

Yep that'll do me lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 28/08/2024 at 00:29, WILF said:

The “strikers” that we all remember about Utd just don’t exist any more imho mate……there are no Hughs or Cole & Yorke or Van Nistelrooy or Solkear or Sherringham or Kanchelkis or Berbatov…….there isn’t even a Chiterito or Hernandez or Diouf

They don’t make Micheal Owens et al anymore…..to be fair, Harland would have been better joining Utd because they would rely on him in a way Peps teams just don’t and he would (if possible !) score even more chances because people would want to give him the ball more.

City can really take or leave Earling Haarland, football wise in that team I don’t think it would bother Pep if he wasn’t there tomorrow…..but Pep hasn’t got to face him in another team and I suppose that has its own value too.

In any other team, Haarland is the main man but in that city squad he is just another player in reality…..what Utd wouldn’t give to have that big f****r to aim at I reckon ! 

Agreed about Haaland and city mate, in many ways he's wasted there (a ridiculous comment considering he's set to break every goal scoring record going).. but there "slow" methodical build up play must infuriate him at times, he's on the shoulder constantly, you watch the amount of runs he makes and the ball don't go there, it's unreal, I'd be pulling my hair out if I was him! Lol

To be honest I think he needs loads of work on his around play, his touch is hit and miss, back to play not great.. but by f**k does he scare the shit out of defenders, once he's in full stride you're f****d..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

United had a Taylor made striker and he got f****d off cause off social media pressure 

Who’s that brother ? Greenwood ?

22 and in Liegue 1 ??……that statement is a bit “Delli Aliwill be the greatest ever” for my liking amigo……if they thought he would get them 20-30 a season he would have gone nowhere, but, let’s just say he does develop into some 25 a season regular type player who is a proper pro and living right  ?…..he can always come back a more experienced player and everyone will have forgotten why he went in the first place…..win/win ?? 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

United had a Taylor made striker and he got f****d off cause off social media pressure 

As our yap the other day, I complete agree..

The most natural finisher for a very long time, more talent than most in the current squad, him with bruno pulling the strings would've been amazing... yes he was/is a twat, but the bird has had his kid and they are cracking on with life, the rest of the world got upset on her behalf and the biggest club in the world reacted in the most woke way possible...shit show all round

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, WILF said:

Who’s that brother ? Greenwood ?

22 and in Liegue 1 ??……that statement is a bit “Delli Aliwill be the greatest ever” for my liking amigo……if they thought he would get them 20-30 a season he would have gone nowhere, but, let’s just say he does develop into some 25 a season regular type player who is a proper pro and living right  ?…..he can always come back a more experienced player and everyone will have forgotten why he went in the first place…..win/win ?? 

Mate he was so natural and cool finishing, Robbie Fowler-esque  some just do it naturally, I think he was one of them... 

See utd have shown interest in Toney, could be a straight shoot out between them and Chelsea, think he'd rather go to Chelsea, 8 year contract on £300k a week, what's not to like!!! Ffs

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Mate he was so natural and cool finishing, Robbie Fowler-esque  some just do it naturally, I think he was one of them... 

See utd have shown interest in Toney, could be a straight shoot out between them and Chelsea, think he'd rather go to Chelsea, 8 year contract on £300k a week, what's not to like!!! Ffs

He's got strange stats Toney. He's 28 played for Northampron, Wigan, Scunthorpe,Barnsley, the toon and others.Didnt impress. Scored a lot of goals at Peterborough, transferred to Brentford where he has averaged near a goal every two games for the last two seasons. Wonder why it took him so long to click? The playing style of Brentford? If so, any future team he plays for is going to have play in a similar way for him to score goals??

Edited by jukel123
29 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I’ll bow to you an Stiffs better knowledge mate, never paid much attention to the dude ever so I just don’t know is the honest answer. 

• Like 1