Accessing a water pipe

Looking for some advice I own a property that is land locked with a access lane to my gate o share a water supply with the people who own the property in front of mine I want to get my own water supply but would have to go down the access lane that they own they are refusing and saying I have to continue sharing the water supply that they get the bill for and then charge me an absurd amount for does anyone have any idea where I stand on this 

11 minutes ago, General lee said:

Looking for some advice I own a property that is land locked with a access lane to my gate o share a water supply with the people who own the property in front of mine I want to get my own water supply but would have to go down the access lane that they own they are refusing and saying I have to continue sharing the water supply that they get the bill for and then charge me an absurd amount for does anyone have any idea where I stand on this 

Minefield mate, get a solicitor first as last

• Like 1

Contact the water supplier, I did a job a while back where the situation was the same, shared supply, the customer wanted his own, person who had the meter didn’t want him to dig up 70 meters of access lane to go back to the main ( and he was paying the bill so no wonder he didn’t want him to have his own meter ) so we were able to install a sub meter, I put all the pipe work in and it was connected by an approved installer and chlorine tested for Northumbrian water, 2 separate bills to each property, no problems, think it cost a few quid mind

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Contact the water supplier, I did a job a while back where the situation was the same, shared supply, the customer wanted his own, person who had the meter didn’t want him to dig up 70 meters of access lane to go back to the main ( and he was paying the bill so no wonder he didn’t want him to have his own meter ) so we were able to install a sub meter, I put all the pipe work in and it was connected by an approved installer and chlorine tested for Northumbrian water, 2 separate bills to each property, no problems, think it cost a few quid mind

Can the water board make the landowner allow someone to dig up their property if they dont want them to,

30 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Can the water board make the landowner allow someone to dig up their property if they dont want them to,

Enforced easement .. 

• Thanks 1

You will already have a separate feed that comes off the main that goes back to your neighbours.Find your connection on the neighbours main(there will be a box with a stop tap and meter on his property,dig down next to it and install a separate meter on to your 28/32 mm alkathene that comes off it(thin blue pipe in picture,main will be 100 mm diameter)..its just a simple clamp goes over the main, tighten it up and your away.. easy,no need to go digging up the whole lane😁

Looking at 2500/4000 if you go through the waterboard...boys on the water (if you ask them)will do it for a grand cash on the fiddle..few hrs on a Saturday 😉👍DSC_1748.JPG.8b3e4f9f6d8f93caaf9896db703f65a3.JPG

• Like 2
16 hours ago, General lee said:

are neighbor jut did this he had a contractor in with a trenchless mole only dug about 4 small holes in a run that must been over 1/4 of a mile from the main road to his house  

• Like 2