So how much trouble

For  anything with a fixed or locking blade you have to have "good reason" to be carrying it, same with anything with a blade over (I think) 3", for the guy who got done for a swiss army knife in his glovebox, there must be more to that story.

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still surprises me that people have that hard of a time understanding I actually enjoy just having casual conversations on here with y'all 🤦

Excuse me.i'm a fan.!

You're the right colour to get a slap on the wrist and I dont mean that in a disparaging way

Posted Images

I carry a leather man multi tool ,a little skinner that socks made me around my neck and also a 3 1/2 " fixed blade buck knife with a gutting hook on my  belt when out and about with the dogs or carrying out pest control....never had a problem tbf...I carry a Stanley knife for work,in and out of shops in London all over etc,no bother last 20 odd yrs...DSC_0633.JPG.bdfea8d93547de78df5c0168c9c18a8e.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
On 07/08/2024 at 04:51, South hams hunter said:

Any knife is fine providing its justified, someone like a farm worker or pest controller would have reason for those 2 items whereas a bank clerk wouldn't 

Justified....to have a pocket knife and a Gerber.....that's such an odd thing, here any man worth a shit just has a pocket knife, it's just expected 

Edited by Wolfdog91
22 hours ago, paul sr said:

Wolfdog , show everyone what you can carry where you live .

Hmm ? On the daily ? Just that really , pocket knife, mulit tool, my sig p320 9mm ....which i can't seem to find a pic of strangely, a a frequent deal too AR around the farm 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, jukel123 said:

In the UK in 2010, a 61 year old male was fined for having a Swiss army knife in the glovebox of his car. He had no previous convictions.

I don't know whether you have them over in the states Wolfdog but a Swiss army knife is a small multi-tool with a tiny blade. I've bought them for my grandchildren. 

O yeah swiss army knifes are a thing here, big following in a lot of circles. More something you'd give you kid though

4 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Justified....to have a pocket knife and a Gerber.....that's such an odd thing, here any man worth a shot just has a pocket knife, it's just expected 

Yes justified .... it's the same over here, we all carry because you're on a hunting forum. 'Normal' people in cities wouldn't be carrying a blade because they have no need to, the same as bankers in wall street don't. It's nothing to do with 'worth a shot', it's to do with life circumstances and job roles, that's why in the eyes of the law here you can carry if its justified. 

What is your obsession with trying to make the uk look silly?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Any knife is fine providing its justified, someone like a farm worker or pest controller would have reason for those 2 items whereas a bank clerk wouldn't 

you get pulled with them you wouldn’t be ok 

10 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Yes justified .... it's the same over here, we all carry because you're on a hunting forum. 'Normal' people in cities wouldn't be carrying a blade because they have no need to, the same as bankers in wall street don't. It's nothing to do with 'worth a shot', it's to do with life circumstances and job roles, that's why in the eyes of the law here you can carry if its justified. 

Are you the south hams hunter who used to write in the countryman weekly.?

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

You would if you have a valid reason for carrying; I've been pulled with blades several times. If the knife is suitable for the job then you're fine 

every time i got stopped with one they take it all legal got a stanley took off me 2 mins from bandq with tools in the motor 

13 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Thought he was just making conversation Hams😁....he's no anti -cut him some slack👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Thought he was just making conversation Hams😁....he's no anti -cut him some slack👍

If I'm wrong I apologise.

8 hours ago, mC HULL said:

every time i got stopped with one they take it all legal got a stanley took off me 2 mins from bandq with tools in the motor 

Must have been more to that, was the Stanley with the tools?

Personally carry cheap 'bait' knives, 4 inch blade with serrated back amd line cutter

23 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Obsession with making y'all looks silly ....

One  I don't have that

Two y'all really do a good job of that yourself's ...don't really need me at all

Three I figure its better to actually ask instead of being a ignorant dumbass online ...

I mean seriously when y'all ask me stuff about over here I just don't think that " OMG THEIR TRYING RO MAKE USE LOOK BAD".... even though it seems that what I boils down to half the time 🙄

Anyhow