What makes us British?

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I think the British can be distinguished by the amount of crap dumped on us by our governments and how we just knuckle our foreheads and accept it.

đź‘Ť

And simply keep on taking it, ............. until we vote for something different, ............ and get the same result, and keep on taking the same shite, until the next elections, AD NAUSEM!!!

• Like 2

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being British is about being able to have a long serious conversation with yourself under two different alias’s without feeling a total walloper you total walloper 

It's a broad question ,and I don't think there is a definitive answer . To dwell in these isles would be a start ,for how many generations would get many different answers  To buy into the G

This is where the water gets muddy, “English” is not as far as I’m aware an ethnic group, same as welsh, Irish, Scots etc…..those classifications are only about a thousand years old and, for want of a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Being British is about being able to have a long serious conversation with yourself under two different alias’s without feeling a total walloper you total walloper 

20D15921-F84B-4524-8ABA-BB8EA43ADEFC.png

38A27286-7684-40A3-B156-65C05699E89A.png

You got me greyman.you must be the brain's in here.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

B00F558F-7371-4A6E-AFB6-4C70CC92E87F.jpeg.bcf0dfdf8657d832feb150a6ba9eb238.jpeg

Cheers.

Good old Rab. Lol

The drink featured is Buckfast or " buckie". The catalyst for many conceived children and bloody fights. Stupidly, I used to go to Rangers v Celtic matches in the 60s and 70s. There were hundreds of Buckie bottles thrown before during and after the match. For sheer fear, hate and adrenalin filled atmospheres you will not beat a 'An auld firm' game. Much tamer these days but I was at Murrayfield to watch Man U v Glasgow Rangers last week and the Buckie bottles were well represented: hundreds of empties discarded outside the turnstiles.

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Is Daly Thompson British?  🤔

So it says in the record books, not sure if that's enough to pass THL criteria.

We're often told that tolerance is one of our British values , well our tolerance is running low as its been seen by others as a sign of weakness but the tide is turning  

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Some tv presenter said today that Andy Murray was Britains greatest ever athlete and I instantly shouted at the telly ” Daley Thompson, you prick” ! 
When my blood pressure subsided to somewhere normal , I though of quite a few athletes who I thought deserved that accolade before Murray !

Cheers.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Pewit said:

No, it isn't.

Look him up, it says Daly Thompson, ENGLISH athlete.

With a NIGERIAN father and a SCOTTISH mother, I really don't think he's English, do you?!!

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

No, it isn't.

Look him up, it says Daly Thompson, ENGLISH athlete.

With a NIGERIAN father and a SCOTTISH mother, I really don't think he's English, do you?!!

So what do you think he is then?