11 hours ago, WILF said:

I’ll bet anything that lad has run mid late 11s, and doing it fairly regular….that one recorded performance won’t be his best performance, it will be his best event performance. 

when my mate run 12 he was about 14 and the lad could run 6 foot strong he was at the  rugby football athletics kids today aint as fit or active as we was back then or not this way anyway same as the football there shite now 

• Like 1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is that the women athletes are fearful that their entire lives and futures will be ruined by refusing to compete with men. They have spent their lives up to now preparing for and gett

This is the first Olympics where I’ve got very little interest. I honestly couldn’t name any of Team GB. Cheers.

I can't wait for the sprinting events to start. My PB at the 100mtrs is 60mtrs.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

when my mate run 12 he was about 14 and the lad could run 6 foot strong he was at the  rugby football athletics kids today aint as fit or active as we was back then or not this way anyway same as the football there shite now 

I'm over 6ft but I didn't get my growing spurt till I was about 16-17. When I played for Barnsley though I had a similar experience, a striker joined us from Sheffield and he was fully developed like a man, I hadn't physically matured, I just couldn't match him at that point in time physically. I don't know if it's true but don't they match them with size and development these days instead of plain age? 

Edited by Pewit
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Pewit said:

10 year olds running 11's FFS, always gotta be one topper. Lol

Just because you were talking about Paralympic times like you was Usain Bolt don’t mean everyone in the history of fast people is a slow coach ! Lol 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Just because you were talking about Paralympic times like you was Usain Bolt don’t mean everyone in the history of fast people is a slow coach ! Lol 

Mate i posted a recent video of a 13 year old black kid breaking the national record lol. This is an elite young athlete, one of the best of the best, and he just did 11.09 FFS. 😁

9 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Mate i posted a recent video of a 13 year old black kid breaking the national record lol. This is an elite young athlete, one of the best of the best, and he just did 11.09 FFS. 😁

To be fair, I am pretty impressed you played for Barnsley…..that’s way more impressive on all levels mate.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

To be fair, I am pretty impressed you played for Barnsley…..that’s way more impressive on all levels mate.

Not really mate, 4 from my year and school played for Barnsley boys, and once there we got trails for the academy, 3 of us made it in to the academy and guess what, the kid that eventually made it in to the men's first team was the kid that got dropped in the academy trails. Lol

• Like 1
Just now, Pewit said:

Not really mate, 4 from my year and school played for Barnsley boys, and once there we got trails for the academy, 3 of us made it in to the academy and guess what, the kid that eventually made it in to the men's first team was the kid that got dropped in the academy trails. Lol

Nah, it’s impressive mate, don’t knock that achievement…..every kid in the world wants to be there so to actually be there is top class.

Nice that you’re humble about it but don’t make it less than what it is, that’s tidy. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Nah, it’s impressive mate, don’t knock that achievement…..every kid in the world wants to be there so to actually be there is top class.

Nice that you’re humble about it but don’t make it less than what it is, that’s tidy. 

I'm going to be honest, I didn't enjoy it at all, no enjoyment in those years and I know I didn't play to the best of my ability. It is what it is, it was quite political as well, parents picked up on that side of things. Like an idiot though once released I never played competitive football again. I discovered booze and women and never really looked back. Lol

9 minutes ago, Pewit said:

I'm going to be honest, I didn't enjoy it at all, no enjoyment in those years and I know I didn't play to the best of my ability. It is what it is, it was quite political as well, parents picked up on that side of things. Like an idiot though once released I never played competitive football again. I discovered booze and women and never really looked back. Lol

Shame, coaching has moved on in lots of ways (not always for the better imho in some ways) but at proper clubs the coaches are much more thoughtful now days. 

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Shame, coaching has moved on in lots of ways (not always for the better imho in some ways) but at proper clubs the coaches are much more thoughtful now days. 

Just weird mate, i always played up front or on the right wing. This new coach came in and in one training session he had this bright idea and switched us in to completely new positions. He put me at the back and I had a really good session, he then tried telling me I was a defender, I'd never played in defence all my life lol.

Just now, Pewit said:

Just weird mate, i always played up front or on the right wing. This new coach came in and in one training session he had this bright idea and switched us in to completely new positions. He put me at the back and I had a really good session, he then tried telling me I was a defender, I'd never played in defence all my life lol.

That would be completely standard now days mate, they play all young players in 2 or 3 positions over the course of their academy life, it’s so they understand the game better.

Rio Ferdinand was a mid fielder at academy level.

• Thanks 1