Should extinct animals be brought back?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Irish Elk….. Just to see who would be the first to claim their bull cross had taken one single handed ! LOL ! Seriously though, it wasn’t an elk and evidently it’s closest living r

I can't see the point of bringing back extinct animals, there is not enough pristine wilderness left for a lot of living species like the great apes and many other large animals. The oceans are pollut

Marty mchull

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

That was last one alive wasn’t it ?

I believe it was the last known alive one yes, the vid makes me a tad depressed tbh.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Pewit said:

I believe it was the last known alive one yes, the vid makes me a tad depressed tbh.

Yeah I know where you’re coming from there . 
I'm sure there’s an interview with someone that shot one of the last free ones as it was attacking his chickens or their run ?

31 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Yeah I know where you’re coming from there . 
I'm sure there’s an interview with someone that shot one of the last free ones as it was attacking his chickens or their run ?

Striking looking animal, the hinge on it's jaw was incredible.

• Like 1

Be nice to bring back the fish in the tidal rivers. Not seen any mullet in the higher reaches flounder all but gone. Salmon and Sea Trout all but gone no eels. Elvers used to be masses not seen one for years.

Cheers Arry

• Like 6
On 25/07/2024 at 14:04, Lenmcharristar said:

Very true, although i think science will catch up, what about the mammoth? I wouldnt mind seeing them roam the siberian steppe, ever see the footage on the joe rogan podcast of the guy who owns the alaskan boneyard?

I imagine there will be some gormless c**ts at yellowstone trying to pet them 🤣

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DogMagic2 said:

I imagine there will be some gormless c**ts at yellowstone trying to pet them 🤣

Like the dumb twats who want to cuddle their ickle fur baby bison.

• Like 1
On 26/07/2024 at 21:10, Lenmcharristar said:

True at this stage, but science always making breakthroughs, could end up with o e yet, science always contradicts itself

Think it’s  already happening mate 

3 hours ago, Arry said:

Be nice to bring back the fish in the tidal rivers. Not seen any mullet in the higher reaches flounder all but gone. Salmon and Sea Trout all but gone no eels. Elvers used to be masses not seen one for years.

Cheers Arry

Need to sort out the pollution , seals cormorants , otters etc 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Need to sort out the pollution , seals cormorants , otters etc 

I agree mate I think the sewer outfalls these days have more chemicals these days. The bleaches, dish washing chemicals, cleaning products etc. When I was a kid the sewer was less harsh and was just filtered through reed bed no treatment  went into the river stinking and black. But next to the outfall was the best place to dig harbour rag. The river was full of fish mullet used to feed of the scum from the sewer. Salmon were abundant I can remember a seine net fishermen catching 45 salmon in one haul. All the seine boats gone now and there was about 20. Even when my lads were young in the winter we would catch a dozen flounder in a session sometimes that could be down to the large numbers of seals now though.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3