Should extinct animals be brought back?

Just now, chartpolski said:

It’s like the musk ox; it’s not related to any ox or cattle; it’s most closely related to sheep and goats.

Cheers.

Would only make the rifle lads more excitable 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Irish Elk….. Just to see who would be the first to claim their bull cross had taken one single handed ! LOL ! Seriously though, it wasn’t an elk and evidently it’s closest living r

I can't see the point of bringing back extinct animals, there is not enough pristine wilderness left for a lot of living species like the great apes and many other large animals. The oceans are pollut

Marty mchull

Posted Images

Think it depends on the critter and how it would survive/impact modern environments.

Like some fish what went out a few decades ago due to pollution at the time ....ok sure , some breed of rabbit or some smaller predator ? Ok yeah sure.....a saber tooth tiger.....yeaaaahhhh idk

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Think it depends on the critter and how it would survive/impact modern environments.

Like some fish what went out a few decades ago due to pollution at the time ....ok sure , some breed of rabbit or some smaller predator ? Ok yeah sure.....a saber tooth tiger.....yeaaaahhhh idk

Defo not a sabertooth, or dinosaur or some other big man eating ba$tard that ends up like jurassic park haha

23 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The Irish Elk…..

FA6E4870-1FE7-44D2-B3EC-23A2230361E4.jpeg.0bca3b8254b252620eccf70bae988694.jpeg

Just to see who would be the first to claim their bull cross had taken one single handed ! LOL !

Seriously though, it wasn’t an elk and evidently it’s closest living relative is the sika, and there are plenty of well preserved fossils, so it might be possible, who knows ?

Cheers.

Just read that it's closest living relative is the fallow deer, charts.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Goodness knows what other soecies the flood wiped out, seems most things where giant before the flood then after we got smaller

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

I was going from memory, and now I’ve checked you are, of course, correct !

My humble apologies, Sharky lad !

Cheers.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what they can do with DNA but if they were to use a fallow deer as a host then the outcome would be a tad disappointing, I can't see the result being close to the size of the Irish Elk.

6 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Goodness knows what other soecies the flood wiped out, seems most things where giant before the flood then after we got smaller

Cave lions, which were in britain until about 13000 years ago, were also much bigger than modern lions.

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I was going from memory, and now I’ve checked you are, of course, correct !

My humble apologies, Sharky lad !

Cheers.

Lol recently been going through some of the dinosaurs, extinct animals etc that used to be around, with my youngest lad, charts, and thought I'd read that about the fallow, so just checked lol 👍

Edited by shaaark
29 minutes ago, mackem said:

Ken walker,world champion taxidermist with his Irish elk and his Bigfoot.

IMG_9037.jpeg

IMG_9038.jpeg

She's not bad looking that bigfoot. I'm sure somebody on here could copulate with her. Maybe they already have and the baby was known as Mc Hull.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 6
1 minute ago, Pewit said:

I'm not sure what they can do with DNA but if they were to use a fallow deer as a host then the outcome would be a tad disappointing, I can't see the result being close to the size of the Irish Elk.

They can edit and make changes to the genome, like switching on the size part they will have already. Mapped the genome and by using the krisper tool they can hopefully make the correct matching editing to the host and splicing the original dna and fingers crossed it works when injected into the fertilised egg

1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

They can edit and make changes to the genome, like switching on the size part they will have already. Mapped the genome and by using the krisper tool they can hopefully make the correct matching editing to the host and splicing the original dna and fingers crossed it works when injected into the fertilised egg

But any potential gaps in the DNA sequence would be filled by the hosts genetic material which could hinder things. I'd think the most likely outcome would be an intermediate species.

3 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I know I’m going off track and possibly opening a can of worms, but the flood myth has always interested me. 
As it’s most prevalent in Judeo folk law Ive allways leant towards it being an actual event, not covering the whole planet , but either the breaching off the Bosporus or the breaching of the Pillars of Hercules, allowing a dry Mediterranean to be flooded.

But this theory doesn’t hold water, (pardon the pun), with the fact there are flood myths in places as diverse as China and South America. 
Could ancient peoples have travelled from the Middle East to these other places taking their myths and folk law with them ?

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Extinct creatures, how about the Neandethal or Denisovan, now that is fascinating.

there not extinct our own chart has the blood of the neanderthal lol 

can remember reading about them been o lol

• Haha 1