Should extinct animals be brought back?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Irish Elk….. Just to see who would be the first to claim their bull cross had taken one single handed ! LOL ! Seriously though, it wasn’t an elk and evidently it’s closest living r

I can't see the point of bringing back extinct animals, there is not enough pristine wilderness left for a lot of living species like the great apes and many other large animals. The oceans are pollut

Marty mchull

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

With fish, id like to see the arctic charr restocked i to rivers all throughout the uk and ireland, they were here in abundance now extinct except for a few pockets of ancient lakes

We’ve got them in Kielder lake in Northumberland.

10,000 we’re released from breeding stock rescued from the Lake District where the water was becoming too acidic for them to survive.

Cheers.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

We’ve got them in Kielder lake in Northumberland.

10,000 we’re released from breeding stock rescued from the Lake District where the water was becoming too acidic for them to survive.

Cheers.

We have them in lough melvin and maybe corrib, they were once in lough neagh and erne system, man killed them off by over fishing a d pollution, so it would be nice to put them back

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

definately differnet species bred together some not compatible 

me old lady is negative me brother died after a few hours because they didn’t have the blood on hand for a transfusion 

rh negative makes antibodys to attack the rh  positive baby like it’s foreign ? 

Very rare to die from rhesus disease especially so quick after birth 

2 hours ago, Chid said:

Very rare to die from rhesus disease especially so quick after birth 

been around 1972 if they had the blood it wouldn’t a happened a  dr apologised 

7 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Is that not otzi the iceman

No mate,he is in the Tyrol museum in italy,these are in the natural history museum in Kensington.

• Like 1

I can't see the point of bringing back extinct animals, there is not enough pristine wilderness left for a lot of living species like the great apes and many other large animals. The oceans are polluted shitholes and so is a lot of the dry land. We have to remember why they went extinct to start with. I think they are trying to resurrect the Tassie tiger as a zoo novelty only because how are they going to produce a viable breeding population? it's just token BS. How about stopping humans breeding and the wildlife, or what's left of it will return unaided. I can see my grandkids looking in awe at a stuffed rabbit the way things are going, the planet is a disgrace.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 8
12 hours ago, mackem said:

Died 2011.

IMG_9033.jpeg

Remember the fear he brought even to my part of Yorkshire and a lad i once worked with who ended up in the same prison said he was one dangerous individual and some other inmates used to shout to him have you seen Lesley Whittle hanging about. As far as trying to recreate an extinct animal by artificial means its a no from me .

• Like 3

Can we recreate a Henry v, Cromwell, Churchill or Thatcher, someone strong enough to take control of the country and stop the decline ?

Some will disagree with those names , but I’m sure you get my drift.

Cheers

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Well fellas. To get off politics for a while, whats your thoughts on this? Which ones would you like to see return? Me personally id love to see the tasmanian tiger back, who knows he might still be around in the wilds of tas, 

Watch the forest galante and rogan podcasts

52 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Watch the forest galante and rogan podcasts

Seen him. He got duped recently by some faggot artist, sending him pics of ones but ended yp being fake

Further reading clarifies what I thought, due to the degradation of DNA, scientists will never be able to recreate exact  replicas of extinct animals.