Should extinct animals be brought back?

Just now, Pewit said:

Of course we have genetic differences, but they're not substantial like the differences between us and other human species.

Yes i know that, but we must have pumped the other humanoids and have had enough dna compatible to create a life and a life that was fertile and could keep on procreating 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Irish Elk….. Just to see who would be the first to claim their bull cross had taken one single handed ! LOL ! Seriously though, it wasn’t an elk and evidently it’s closest living r

I can't see the point of bringing back extinct animals, there is not enough pristine wilderness left for a lot of living species like the great apes and many other large animals. The oceans are pollut

Marty mchull

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Reminds me of an old anthropologist saying, tongue in cheek , I think;

” There are three, main, races; negroid, mongoloid and caucasoid. There is a school of though that the negroid is descended from the great apes; the mongoloid is descended from the monkey and the caucasoid is descended from a lost Eurasian hominid much like the yeti or the Sasquatch “.

Makes a more interesting theory than most ! LOL !

Cheers.

Yeah bet he was white hahha , gave us the strongest and biggest, probably why we are the strongest on earth at power lifting hahaha

Do any of you believe in the men of old, the greek and norse mythology? Look at the old marbles and statues, the male back then was much more muscular like the africans too, maybe due to us iventing stuff made us lose the muscle mass? 

6 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Yes i know that, but we must have pumped the other humanoids and have had enough dna compatible to create a life and a life that was fertile and could keep on procreating 

Yes, we interbed with these other humans but our DNA has been rejecting their DNA since, it doesn't seem strongly compatible with ours.

9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Reminds me of an old anthropologist saying, tongue in cheek , I think;

” There are three, main, races; negroid, mongoloid and caucasoid. There is a school of though that the negroid is descended from the great apes; the mongoloid is descended from the monkey and the caucasoid is descended from a lost Eurasian hominid much like the yeti or the Sasquatch “.

Makes a more interesting theory than most ! LOL !

Cheers.

Yep, until the age of DNA busted all those stereotypes, our lineage is a tangled web.

Just now, Pewit said:

Yes, we interbed with these other humans but our DNA has been rejecting their DNA since, it doesn't seem strongly compatible with ours.

I dont think it has, look at the differences, but we must have just bred when in close proximity or when our joe biden types rid anything lol, they never went extinct, we absorbed them and obviously kept what was useful and rejected what wasnt, obviuosly after the flood the gene pool narrowed to a few thousand then went from there again, breeding to type sort of.

5 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I dont think it has, look at the differences, but we must have just bred when in close proximity or when our joe biden types rid anything lol, they never went extinct, we absorbed them and obviously kept what was useful and rejected what wasnt, obviuosly after the flood the gene pool narrowed to a few thousand then went from there again, breeding to type sort of.

Genetically it doesn't matter if they became extinct or if they were absorbed in to our population. And it's not entirely true that sub-saharan Africans have no neanderthal DNA, last I read they had, but it was from humans later migrating back in to Africa.

19 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Do any of you believe in the men of old, the greek and norse mythology? Look at the old marbles and statues, the male back then was much more muscular like the africans too, maybe due to us iventing stuff made us lose the muscle mass? 

You don’t need to go that far back mate ! 
Just a generation or two back we had men going into the bowels of the earth and hewing coal by hand.

we had men riveting steel ships together with sledgehammers.

we had men working on the sweltering heat of steelworks and foundries.

Fit, hard men.

Now we have pot bellied, spindly legged , unfit young men who’s only exercise is walking the saluki in the park ! LOL !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Haha 6
1 minute ago, Pewit said:

Genetically it doesn't matter if they became extinct or if they were absorbed in to our population. And it's not entirely true that sub-saharan Africans have no neanderthal DNA, last I read they had, but it was from humans later migrating back in to Africa.

The boers? 

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

You don’t need to go that far back mate ! 
Just a generation or two back we had men going into the bowels of the earth and hewing coal by hand.

we had men riveting steel ships together with sledgehammers.

we had me working on the sweltering heat of steelworks and foundries.

Fit, hard men.

Now we have pot bellied, spindly legged , unfit young men who’s only exercise is walking the saluki in the park ! LOL !

Cheers.

Yes your right there, equally with a better diet we grew stronger aswell, however the med diet is proven to be 1 of the most healthiest on earth so they would have had some cracking nutrition back then too

Just now, Pewit said:

No, over the last 20,000 years.

6 minutes ago, Pewit said:

It matters genetically, we were close enough to be able to breed and create life, we are 99% related to chimps butt cant breed with them, so the other humanids were closer as we could not only breed with them but could create fertile offspring, most likely we coexisted but who was the smarter? We have to say us as we are here today, but in a small portion so are they, so if they found an ancient t type buried on the permafrost would you lime to see if they could splice the dna with ours to see what comes out? 

4 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

It matters genetically, we were close enough to be able to breed and create life, we are 99% related to chimps butt cant breed with them, so the other humanids were closer as we could not only breed with them but could create fertile offspring, most likely we coexisted but who was the smarter? We have to say us as we are here today, but in a small portion so are they, so if they found an ancient t type buried on the permafrost would you lime to see if they could splice the dna with ours to see what comes out? 

Matters regarding what? I don't follow you. Like I said, there's DNA evidence to show we bred with them, you think of Neanderthal has strictly European, that's not the case, in fact the population with the highest amount of Neanderthal DNA are people from East Asia.

1 minute ago, Pewit said:

Matters regarding what? I don't follow you. Like I said, there's DNA evidence to show we bred with them, you think of Neanderthal has strictly European, that's not the case, in fact the population with the highest amount of Neanderthal DNA are people from East Asia.

Im saying it matters if cloning or de extincting a species they have to be genetically compatible ie, closest living relative, until they can incubate in pods with fully mapped and live genomes, thats all,