Should extinct animals be brought back?

Well fellas. To get off politics for a while, whats your thoughts on this? Which ones would you like to see return? Me personally id love to see the tasmanian tiger back, who knows he might still be around in the wilds of tas, 

• Like 5

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Irish Elk….. Just to see who would be the first to claim their bull cross had taken one single handed ! LOL ! Seriously though, it wasn’t an elk and evidently it’s closest living r

I can't see the point of bringing back extinct animals, there is not enough pristine wilderness left for a lot of living species like the great apes and many other large animals. The oceans are pollut

Marty mchull

Posted Images

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d like to see the British black panther make a come back 

Greyman has pics of them i think or crimewatch uk normally has lots, i wouldnt class them as endangered never mind extinct

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Yes but some extinct ones have relatives still here with us that could be used

Yep, but they won't be pure species as even if they were genetically modified they would still carry some host DNA.

Just now, Pewit said:

Yep, but they won't be pure species as even if they were genetically modified they would still carry some host DNA.

Very true, although i think science will catch up, what about the mammoth? I wouldnt mind seeing them roam the siberian steppe, ever see the footage on the joe rogan podcast of the guy who owns the alaskan boneyard?

• Like 4
Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

Very true, although i think science will catch up, what about the mammoth? I wouldnt mind seeing them roam the siberian steppe, ever see the footage on the joe rogan podcast of the guy who owns the alaskan boneyard?

I'd love to see an attempt, just because they could. But, no, I don't think they should be recreating extinct creatures and reintroducing them in to the wild. We can't even look after our living flora & fauna as it is.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Well fellas. To get off politics for a while, whats your thoughts on this? Which ones would you like to see return? Me personally id love to see the tasmanian tiger back, who knows he might still be around in the wilds of tas, 

I remember going to Cardiff museum on school trip seeing a taxidermy Tasmanian Tiger blew my mind 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pewit said:

I'd love to see an attempt, just because they could. But, no, I don't think they should be recreating extinct creatures and reintroducing them in to the wild. We can't even look after our living flora & fauna as it is.

But it was us as a species that killed off the tazzie tiger, we should at least try and bring them back