• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The little fcker beat the terrier to it this evening, his first rat and he wasn't keen to let go! It's the first time I've seen him move in anything other than slow motion 😂

You want um doing heavy teeth be that age otherwise it's a 20 pencer 

you want your pup from ten week running about jumping ditches woods differnet land really 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Will it learn anything productive from  a half hearted dog?

Shark was talking about an overbearing dog as in aggressive or dominant over the pup, not in the working sense.

11 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Shark was talking about an overbearing dog as in aggressive or dominant over the pup, not in the working sense.

you want your pup from ten week running about jumping ditches woods differnet land really 

• Like 7
54 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You want um doing heavy teeth be that age otherwise it's a 20 pencer 

• Haha 7
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Without a doubt, Sharks talking about an aggressive dog scaring it, a simple solution, don't take it out with an aggressive dog, take it out with one that knows the job.

1 hour ago, Pewit said:

Without a doubt, Sharks talking about an aggressive dog scaring it, a simple solution, don't take it out with an aggressive dog, take it out with one that knows the job.

id more take out with other youngsters mate i like them flying about chasing each other ideally 

• Like 2

NEVER are two pups the same, they are all different, if an owner cant get the best out of the pup, well that's down to him/her, I myself like a calm pup, just like yours, one that can quickly recover from the general knocks of puppy life. I get walking off the place as soon as they have had their needles, new places are the key, I do so because the sooner the pup gets to learn about life outside of home base, the quicker progress they will make when you start them in earnest. If I have two out together, I'm not bothered if they start to play, they are simply finding all about chasing, turning, jumping etc as long as they aren't at it all the time  and I find they don't, if you are on the move, the world is a great place for them but if you stop travelling, they become just like kids, they get bored with nothing happening. As long as they go if we get a bark, I'm happy. After few outings, mine are on the chase, on the hunt, working out scent tracks and are normally at the catch site, at times I have a hard job keeping them from swinging on the bunny as I carry it along. I don't knock them off hard has they are just getting use to the feel of a warm furred animal, along with the weight and shape. I do keep a close eye on any pups I have about because a pup can get into trouble quickly, however All the dogs I own and hunt have been 100% broken on all other non target animals that can be found hiding in the very same ground as the targets, for a long time now. That's a huge test right there you soon find out if it's 100% true or not and nothing can be, but it's an easy matter to focus on one or two pups than all the others,A owner by waiting and watching can usually tell by the way the older dogs behave when they travel down the edge of heavy cover by their body language, it speaks volumes if you watch carefully. Hunting small game animal’s is a lifetime of learning, making mistakes and learning some more ,then replete. I doubt I will know, all there is to know about the subject, but as long as I can, I'm going to keep on keeping on.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, toolebox said:

NEVER are two pups the same, they are all different, if an owner cant get the best out of the pup, well that's down to him/her, I myself like a calm pup, just like yours, one that can quickly recover from the general knocks of puppy life. I get walking off the place as soon as they have had their needles, new places are the key, I do so because the sooner the pup gets to learn about life outside of home base, the quicker progress they will make when you start them in earnest. If I have two out together, I'm not bothered if they start to play, they are simply finding all about chasing, turning, jumping etc as long as they aren't at it all the time  and I find they don't, if you are on the move, the world is a great place for them but if you stop travelling, they become just like kids, they get bored with nothing happening. As long as they go if we get a bark, I'm happy. After few outings, mine are on the chase, on the hunt, working out scent tracks and are normally at the catch site, at times I have a hard job keeping them from swinging on the bunny as I carry it along. I don't knock them off hard has they are just getting use to the feel of a warm furred animal, along with the weight and shape. I do keep a close eye on any pups I have about because a pup can get into trouble quickly, however All the dogs I own and hunt have been 100% broken on all other non target animals that can be found hiding in the very same ground as the targets, for a long time now. That's a huge test right there you soon find out if it's 100% true or not and nothing can be, but it's an easy matter to focus on one or two pups than all the others,A owner by waiting and watching can usually tell by the way the older dogs behave when they travel down the edge of heavy cover by their body language, it speaks volumes if you watch carefully. Hunting small game animal’s is a lifetime of learning, making mistakes and learning some more ,then replete. I doubt I will know, all there is to know about the subject, but as long as I can, I'm going to keep on keeping on.

i’ve a dog and bitch here litter mate nearly identical from looks attitude to running style 

you can’t get what isn’t there from a dog i don’t think 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve a dog and bitch here litter mate nearly identical from looks attitude to running style 

you can’t get what isn’t there from a dog i don’t think 

That's the inbreeding