5 minutes ago, lampingboy said:

I wouldn't necessarily say unhappy, I'd describe it more along the lines of being in a state of repudiation.

I usually end up with little b*****ds, why has this one not caused me any significant drama as of yet?😂

In the words of the blessed Margaret Thatcher; “ Rejoice, just rejoice”.

Im just having a bit of fun mate, best of luck with your pup !

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The little fcker beat the terrier to it this evening, his first rat and he wasn't keen to let go! It's the first time I've seen him move in anything other than slow motion 😂

You want um doing heavy teeth be that age otherwise it's a 20 pencer 

you want your pup from ten week running about jumping ditches woods differnet land really 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Borr said:

Careful what you wish for , sounds a nice pup , I'd say easier to get a dog to range than to bring in a dog that thinkss all the action is over the next hill. Get him ferreting , enjoy what you've got....

I may soon be eating my words when he comes of age. I've got a lovely little ferreting permission awaiting us in the coming months. I may give him a handful of days mid to late season all being well.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

In the words of the blessed Margaret Thatcher; “ Rejoice, just rejoice”.

Im just having a bit of fun mate, best of luck with your pup !

Cheers.

Thank you 👍 I'll update in the coming months.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A tractable , obedient pup and you’re unhappy ?

Are you on a wind up ? Methinks you may be !

Cheers.

another month and it’s still like it i wouldn’t be happy lol 

should be chasing birds out that moves by now another month nose should be off 

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve heard that my young protege is after a dog that he isn’t incessantly shouting “ come back you b*****d” to ! 
Cheers.

i don’t ever shout me dogs mate lol 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Pewit said:

I wouldn't bother, too far away to hear ya....

what’s the point if there hunting up or chasing they won’t pay no attention to what i’m saying and if they ain’t they are at me side lol 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what’s the point if there hunting up or chasing they won’t pay no attention to what i’m saying and if they ain’t they are at me side lol 

I prefer them off the slip even though on the odd occasion you may miss that perfect moment, what are the desert dogs like for hunting and putting them up, any good?

4 minutes ago, Pewit said:

I prefer them off the slip even though on the odd occasion you may miss that perfect moment, what are the desert dogs like for hunting and putting them up, any good?

ye stupid mate get you in trouble if your not on the ball lol 

Just now, Pewit said:

All by sight or can they follow a scent? 

nose down mate 

even on the lamp if there nose goes down you slip they will head down out lamp come back with one now i use thermal you can see miles  it great to watch them threw it coursing em killing them in the dark 

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with a pup wanting to be by your side all the time mate it soon changes once they start catching stuff I say it’s a blessing tbh got to be better than a pup /young dog running off on scent in to the distance that it’s got little to no hope of catching I personally recon sticky pups make a better bond and tend to work well with there owners rather than for there self a sticky pups good because basic training becomes super easy you don’t even have to manipulate them because it’s naturally there that they want to be by your side an please you I’ll take a sticky pup over a pup that wonders off or buggers off any day of the week 

• Like 1

it divides opinions, he's young so time yet, what some call sticky others would say no interest, personally I like a pup using it's nose early, wanting to find out what's around the corner, I would rather have to reign a dog in the have to gee it up, the keener the better. 

• Like 1

"Right there Fred".....👏

Personally,...I like my rabbit dogs on a warren as soon as they have had their Jabs,....lots to learn and so many events to experience...

Its a big old world out there for a young pup and the sooner he gets to learn and understand what the score is, the better. 

I like to keep a working dog for several years,..it is an investment and a valuable item, so its well worth putting some effort into early education.

Unless a fellow is an exceptionally interesting raconteur ,.it is unlikely that a puppy is hanging on your heels due to your sparking personality..

More likel;y,..it just lacks confidence,...🙄

The handler's task is to walk tall, be the man,.. let the tyke know that there is nothing to fear and everything to gain by getting into the hunt... 

My great pleasure is watching a youngster show some early promise , using his nose, twigging onto the game, and like myself, maybe sometimes just sitting quiet, and simply watching the world go by..

Facts are,...some folk don't get the best out of a pup,...they maybe take things too seriously,...they just just don't understand the benefit of allowing a pup , to be a pup....

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5