Looking for some advise/opinions. I picked this pup up at 12 weeks, he's 5 months next week.

Admittedly I haven't spent as much time out with him as I normally would with a pup, mainly due to it being summer which is my busiest time with work.

The issue ive got (if you can call it that) is When out and about, the bugger won't leave my side. During an hours walk, he may end up a maximum of 20 feet away from me maybe 3 times, usually he's just glued to my side or strolls along behind me like an old dog 😂. He'll chase a dummy or ball if I throw it out for him and bring it back  depending on if I've hyped him up or not. 

I've had sticky pups before but this ones this stickiest. Has anyone had one similar? Any advise for building his confidence other than time, giving him as many experiences as possible and praise? 

He's grey bull wheaton x.

Cheers👍

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The little fcker beat the terrier to it this evening, his first rat and he wasn't keen to let go! It's the first time I've seen him move in anything other than slow motion 😂

You want um doing heavy teeth be that age otherwise it's a 20 pencer 

you want your pup from ten week running about jumping ditches woods differnet land really 

Posted Images

It will get there in its own time mate,that wouldn’t bother me 1 bit it’s when the feckers run off to people passing by is worst.I would rather have them keyed into you than something ya don’t want

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, lurchers said:

It will get there in its own time mate,that wouldn’t bother me 1 bit it’s when the feckers run off to people passing by is worst.I would rather have them keyed into you than something ya don’t want

💯 

29 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A tractable , obedient pup and you’re unhappy ?

Are you on a wind up ? Methinks you may be !

Cheers.

I wouldn't necessarily say unhappy, I'd describe it more along the lines of being in a state of repudiation.

I usually end up with little b*****ds, why has this one not caused me any significant drama as of yet?😂

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Hes still young...my bitch is bred the same way...she was the same until she got some fur in her mouth😉👍DSC_2193.JPG.c5e0572366d68563fec96db5b1af2059.JPG

Good to hear DC, I was starting to think he was a bit vacant. 

1 minute ago, lampingboy said:

I wouldn't necessarily say unhappy, I'd describe it more along the lines of being in a state of repudiation.

I usually end up with little b*****ds, why has this one not caused me any significant drama as of yet?😂

Careful what you wish for , sounds a nice pup , I'd say easier to get a dog to range than to bring in a dog that thinkss all the action is over the next hill. Get him ferreting , enjoy what you've got....

• Like 4