Brill, best one yet.

Hi  folks, just little post, as I've had some great replies from the folks on here since my wife Lesley died in Feb. As I've always said there some real good people on here deff. I cook for my self now, and done OK, norm it just quick meals pasta etc. I've had couple Sunday dinners before. Got the veg OK and gravy, but over cook the meat, it OK but bit burned, chops  or very small joint etc. Well I've been really busy in garden cutting lawns watering Tom's, French beans, they nice veg that. Done that sewn all bushes/branches hanging over old Buck kennel, bloody hell took me a hour to cut it all back, and fill in bin. Well my seen me cutting nit was her  side that cut back said you really worked hard doing, your still fit and strong for your age, I said I was, but old knacker now. Said going to  a Sunday lunch again  told her the prob. She said put your chops in a pan on the hob, cook for 15 mins, but put the 4 chops fat side down, so there all standing non there sides. Then take out and put under grill low  heat   about 8min, while get spuds /veg ready, get gravy going then, you be ready to eat in couple mins. Well it was feckin great really was, 1st proper meal  I got right. right.  prob few lads out there who good cooks, I not but  getting   better.  Ray

IMG_20240721_201647.jpg

IMG_20240721_203721.jpg

• Like 9

Looks good Ray, you'll soon build up a portfolio of go to meals. Have a crack at the batch cooks like stew , chilli , etc. easy to top up and last a few days on the hob. 👍🏻

One I like if you do pasta is packet of linguine/spaghetti, packet of white sauce you mix with milk on the hob and a seafood mix frozen from supermarket, then just add pepper or cayenne pepper if you like it spicy 🔥, just something easy but different...