The Lakes or Scotland.

Any recommendations for long weekends away in August?

I would prefer a nice lodge somewhere with lots of beautiful scenery and maybe a hot tub for good measure.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swallows and Amazons weekend 

so you shit ya pants and never went to katchums then after all you lying dosser lol 

Posted Images

Just now, Pewit said:

I would prefer a nice lodge somewhere with lots of beautiful scenery and maybe a hot tub for good measure.

Lake's will be heaving, west coast or Highlands, Isle of mull if you can get booked.

• Like 3

Had a week at Pine Lake resort some years ago just outside Carnforth and enjoyed it and it's not that far away from Windermere also had a few good nights in a few pubs there and found the locals friendly and helpful. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Had a week at Pine Lake resort some years ago just outside Carnforth and enjoyed it and it's not that far away from Windermere also had a few good nights in a few pubs there and found the locals friendly and helpful. 

Is it in the thick of the Lakes then, I've never been tbh, the closest I've got is driving to Carlisle! 

58 minutes ago, oxo said:

Lake's will be heaving, west coast or Highlands, Isle of mull if you can get booked.

Any recommendations?

2 minutes ago, Pewit said:

Is it in the thick of the Lakes then, I've never been tbh, the closest I've got is driving to Carlisle! 

I wouldn't say so mate. It's probably similar to that set up near clumber park with cabins and such like. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pewit said:

so you shit ya pants and never went to katchums then after all you lying dosser lol 

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

That's Catterick you stupid boy. Lol

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Pewit said:

WWW.WIGWAMHOLIDAYS.COM

Wigwam Holidays Ribble Valley has 10 luxury en-suite Wigwam Cabins on site - the perfect base to explore...

We stopped here a couple of years ago. Big glamping pods with hot tubs. 

Your half way between lakes and Yorkshire dales. In the Ribble valley, nice river walks, pubs you can walk to, clitheroe/Skipton nearby. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Pewit said:

Kielder Lodges, Northumberland.

Very well appointed log lodges, the forest with the Kielder Observatory , the lake and good fishing, which was free if you rented a lodge, not sure if it’s the same now. Decent restaurant and a heated pool . A few good pubs serving food in the area.

And, of course, one of the UK’s biggest roe population’s………

Cheers.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Catterick to Carlisle ?

Mheh….what’s 75 miles along the A66 between friends ?

Cheers.

Yep, mC could walk it in a hour or two.

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Kielder Lodges, Northumberland.

Very well appointed log lodges, the forest with the Kielder Observatory , the lake and good fishing, which was free if you rented a lodge, not sure if it’s the same now. Decent restaurant and a heated pool . A few good pubs serving food in the area.

And, of course, one of the UK’s biggest roe population’s………

Cheers.

Is that the Hoeseasons?