53 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

You had paper! You entitled, bourgeois ponce. My old man didn't believe in new fangled inventions like paper. He didn't even approve of dock leaves. In fact he forced us to gather nettle leaves for bum wiping. He said it was character building, but in truth it made us all  chronically anally retentive. My shrink said it was something to do with a dog torturer called Pavlov.

Luxury 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to love saying with my Gran but she only had one cold tap in the house potties under every bed and a jug of water and bowl in the bed rooms. Toilet was right up a steep garden and was more like

I remember buying them as kid, used to love all those type of mags growing up. I would be down the fields with my webley Vulcan and sheaf knife trying to build dead fall traps and such things. 

I think most on here have the means to defend themselves and their supplies 

Posted Images

I’m sure my mum thought it was the epitome of sophistication to have two types of toilet roll; normal, soft tissue type and that horrendous Izal, medicated, grease proof paper type !

Anyone old enough to remember it ?

Cheers.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’m sure my mum thought it was the epitome of sophistication to have two types of toilet roll; normal, soft tissue type and that horrendous Izal, medicated, grease proof paper type !

Cheers.

Also known as tracing paper, I used to run home for a turd rather than face that stuff!

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

My gran always had it in her house and it was always in the school toilets when I was a kid

27 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

your not as old as i thought chart i thought you would a been on the cut up squares of newspaper lol 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

your not as old as i thought chart i thought you would a been on the cut up squares of newspaper lol 

When I lived with my granny in a three story slum, there was two, one room dwellings on each floor and one cold water tap on each landing, and one outside toilet for six families.

What we wiped our arses on was the least of our worries ! LOL !

p.s. I’ll be 72 shortly, but still as fit as a rutting buck ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

When I lived with my granny in a three story slum, there was two, one room dwellings on each floor and one cold water tap on each landing, and one outside toilet for six families.

What we wiped our arses on was the least of our worries ! LOL !

p.s. I’ll be 72 shortly, but still as fit as a rutting buck ! LOL !

Cheers.

You must have had a hard paper round uncle Albert 

I used to love saying with my Gran but she only had one cold tap in the house potties under every bed and a jug of water and bowl in the bed rooms. Toilet was right up a steep garden and was more like a porcelain funnel than toilets now with a big square wood seat. News paper squares hung off the back of the door on that old fluffy string and a roll of that tracing paper toilet paper. The door was six inches short at the bottom and a bigger gap at the top was horrible on a cold windy day. Lol still have really good memories of the best Gran ever that cooked the best fry ups and cakes.

Her old house gone now. Rose Cottage.

rose3.jpg.ddc697867079dc8fac3d8d4087208924.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 9
On 20/07/2024 at 22:31, DIDO.1 said:

Given the recent outages that stopped flights and banking.... and ever developing global unrest...

Does anyone do any prepping for emergencies? Have you increased what you do recently? And have your views on doomsday preppers changed over recent years, as in 20 years ago they were nutcases, but now if you met a man with a mini nuclear shelter and a thousand tins of beans would you now think 'smart move pal'

Wouldn't want to be in a mini shelter  with a man who has a thousand tin of beans 

• Haha 2

Always a smart move,to have a back up plan,for if something goes wrong..we bought a freeze drying machine and a dehydrator, and have been prepping bits and pieces for a while now...bought puri tabs/filtration straws etc, 

Making a batch of onion powder for cooking...DSC_6468.JPG.89a6eac0b19a1efd38e4c54cc6610ab6.JPG

• Like 2

Yous lot never seen the walking dead???

The biggest group of people with the most guns gets all the food feck hiding food start hiding guns 😂😂

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Chid said:

Yous lot never seen the walking dead???

The biggest group of people with the most guns gets all the food feck hiding food start hiding guns 😂😂

I remember the old survival weaponry and technique magazines bought them as a kid in the 80s everyone thought they could survive with a airgun ,tin of 500 pellets an a sheath knife lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Always a smart move,to have a back up plan,for if something goes wrong..we bought a freeze drying machine and a dehydrator, and have been prepping bits and pieces for a while now...bought puri tabs/filtration straws etc, 

Making a batch of onion powder for cooking...DSC_6468.JPG.89a6eac0b19a1efd38e4c54cc6610ab6.JPG

Is that the same thing as dehydrating mate where just add hot water after to bring it back to life??

• Like 1
7 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I remember the old survival weaponry and technique magazines bought them as a kid in the 80s everyone thought they could survive with a airgun ,tin of 500 pellets an a sheath knife lol

I remember buying them as kid, used to love all those type of mags growing up. I would be down the fields with my webley Vulcan and sheaf knife trying to build dead fall traps and such things. 

• Like 5