Just Stop Oil protesters jailed.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres the right to protest, yes, then theres these wankers who just think its ok to block public roads, stop people from getting to work to pay their bills, you know the type, the loony left greenies

I think it's fair , it needs to stop they're only affecting working people and stopping people getting to hospital or work and endangering lives on roads or blockading cooking oil depos lol. If they w

We all live in the corporate world. If anybody disrupts a capitalist economy, expect the might of the state to bear down on you. Our political system exists fundamentally  to protect the economy at al

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

All threads twist and turn mate...it'll be about baking cakes and smoking blow by the time its finished! Lol

Agreed mate, I just find it massively interesting (and hugely disappointing) getting an insight into peoples mindset about things like this.

As you pointed out previously, many of the lads commenting “glad they got 5 years” would also be the same lads cheering on setting fire to potential immigrant houses in Dublin and fighting the Garda.

I just can’t get my head round it at all……if they don’t understand that it wasn’t the JSO lads that got f****d, it was all of us, then there’s no f***ing hope at all ! Lol 

• Like 2

I disagree with there cause in that,there massive hypocrites,an that includes the big players who's shouting it the most,while they have the biggest footprints,we all want a clean earth,so when the biggest polluters make a change then .......

But five years is harsh

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Sorry wilf lol,what is the definition for climate change?

I don’t know and I don’t care mate, I’ve not spoken about climate change once in this whole thread. 

• Haha 1
Just now, WILF said:

I don’t know and I don’t care mate, I’ve not spoken about climate change once in this whole thread. 

Sorry wilf that was for petit lol

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

Should you get 5 years for complaining, that’s what I asked mate. 

Complaining is writing a letter imo...or bitching on a social media platform🤣

not blatent vandalism of monuments,art work ,throwing f***ing paint around the place and disrupting the hardworking british public...Ive no sympathy for the over entitled smelly little cnuts,with a chip on their shoulders...

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

not blatent vandalism of monuments,art work ,throwing f***ing paint around the place and disrupting the hardworking british public...Ive no sympathy for the over entitled smelly little cnuts,with a chip on their shoulders...

Fair enough mate, as you wish. 

23 minutes ago, Borr said:

I'd say any march isn't going to bring a prison sentence, I'd also say that the government won't change anything because of just stop oils antics... I'd also be interested to know if they were flirting with some more serious ideas, also you can't expect security from terrorism if you've got people throwing powder about at public events . It looks like the sentence will be reexamined and probably reduced. 

I've not read any of the sentencing reports etc mate, if it is purely for demonstrating it seems ridiculously harsh, but as you say if the "powers that be" have uncovered a more sinister plan then that might explain it...

It does seem odd that this particular subject had been dealt with so hard, it is in line with pretty much all of the main parties views and championing their cause, so to come down so hard is strange..if it was a campaign against immigration or pro hunting you'd almost expect it 

14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I've not read any of the sentencing reports etc mate, if it is purely for demonstrating it seems ridiculously harsh, but as you say if the "powers that be" have uncovered a more sinister plan then that might explain it...

It does seem odd that this particular subject had been dealt with so hard, it is in line with pretty much all of the main parties views and championing their cause, so to come down so hard is strange..if it was a campaign against immigration or pro hunting you'd almost expect it 

They didn’t even go to a protest, they just planned one ! 

It’s meat for the hard of thinking mate, a petty morsel thrown to the mob to curry favour……

A corpse to gain favour for 2 minutes.

Its f***ing you in the arse and shoving a lollipop in your mouth to make you think it’s nice ! 

I always say, the thing that finished me off in my country was when I realised it was my own f***ing us the worst and this is a prime example. 

Edited by WILF
1 hour ago, Pewit said:

But we can and still have a big influence on others, no? Isn't it a collective issue, if we can set a good example it may sway others in to taking action in the future? 

Isn't that the idea of protest, to try and make political change and push for solutions?

I haven't said a 5 year sentence is right but there has to be a line between protest and terrorism imo. As for swaying countries like China they are still building coal powered power station but nobody is protesting outside their Embassy.

Do you have a Petrol/Diesel Car or Gas boiler Pewit? If you do then their protest hasn't worked on you has it.

Cheers Arry 

3 minutes ago, Arry said:

I haven't said a 5 year sentence is right but there has to be a line between protest and terrorism imo. As for swaying countries like China they are still building coal powered power station but nobody is protesting outside their Embassy.

Do you have a Petrol/Diesel Car or Gas boiler Pewit? If you do then their protest hasn't worked on you has it.

Cheers Arry 

How do you know people aren't protesting in China?

Your logic doesn't make sense, I drive a diesel car/petrol car because of financial reasons, when electric cars become more affordable I will make the switch. And that doesn't mean one can't support climate change actions?

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Is it about having sympathy for them? I couldn't give a f**k about the individuals personally, don't know them or care for them....but...it don't mean a 5 year sentence for the "crime" is right, this is more about the people don't fit "our kind of blokes" than the crime committed imo

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Pewit said:

How do you know people aren't protesting in China?

Your logic doesn't make sense, I drive a diesel car/petrol car because of financial reasons, when electric cars become more affordable I will make the switch. And that doesn't mean one can't support climate change actions?

I wouldn't make the switch, one I don't believe electric cars are any better for the planet, production of lithium batteries  abd disposing of them plus the methods of producing enough electricity means they are possibly more impactful.

2 they are impractical for my day to day life, and business activities...

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I wouldn't make the switch, one I don't believe electric cars are any better for the planet, production of lithium batteries  abd disposing of them plus the methods of producing enough electricity means they are possibly more impactful.

2 they are impractical for my day to day life, and business activities...

One would suit me fine with my new job, it's only a 26 mile round trip.

• Like 1