How old is the oldest you’d breed a bitch for the first time , Iv a bitch here now she’s 7 next months , she’s currently in season but I want to wait till her next season ideally so be April time , just so I don’t lose her for the start of this season she’s been a good day time bitch , big , strong , robust , and knows how to kill , don’t think she’s really missed any time through injury even with the harsh ground she runs on , been keeping a eye out for a stud dog aswell 

IMG_9904.jpeg

IMG_9807.jpeg

IMG_5617.jpeg

• Like 8

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still do.The rucksack has helped alot.Last season was ok.Started 2 young bitches.1 did good 1 not so much.    

How old is the oldest you’d breed a bitch for the first time , Iv a bitch here now she’s 7 next months , she’s currently in season but I want to wait till her next season ideally so be April time , ju

am i right in thinking you went lamping for the first and last time the year after mate ?

Posted Images

Missus wanted a pup out of my bitch but I'm not gonna risk her mines 8 this yr plus I still ain't got time to work dogs lol. If I was gonna breed her I'd have a bone man check her out make sure pelvis etc is likely to be supple enough etc but you know more than I mate just my tuppence...

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I never bred from my last two bitches because I didn’t want to miss a season of work.

I regret it now as they were both worthy of breeding from .

Cheers.

She’s regularly in early summer , this first time she’s ever came in this time year and first time she’s come in twice in one year 

• Like 1

Ive personally found if they older than 5/6 then  theres normally problems....put some money away for a c-section, would be my advice...

Last bitch was 9,11 died inside her,3 alive,knocked the weakest on the head at 3 days,it was f****d,wasnt fair...ended up with 1 dog,1 bitch...

If I ever bred another litter then id use a bitch,no older than 3/4..your bitch ,your choice 👍

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

How old is the oldest you’d breed a bitch for the first time , Iv a bitch here now she’s 7 next months , she’s currently in season but I want to wait till her next season ideally so be April time , just so I don’t lose her for the start of this season she’s been a good day time bitch , big , strong , robust , and knows how to kill , don’t think she’s really missed any time through injury even with the harsh ground she runs on , been keeping a eye out for a stud dog aswell 

IMG_9904.jpeg

IMG_9807.jpeg

IMG_5617.jpeg

it wouldn’t bother me at 8 she will be a young healthy 8 

and i wouldn’t worry about season 

have the pups july dog be back doing what it’s doing end october season is just starting 

good luck hope you get what you want

Edited by mC HULL
12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive personally found if they older than 5/6 then  theres normally problems....put some money away for a c-section, would be my advice...

Last bitch was 9,11 died inside her,3 alive,knocked the weakest on the head at 3 days,it was f****d,wasnt fair...ended up with 1 dog,1 bitch...

If I ever bred another litter then id use a bitch,no older than 3/4..your bitch ,your choice 👍

what type was that dc 

terrier seem to struggle 

23 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Bitch by 3/4 hasn’t done enough for me to prove there worth breeding ,

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

id breed from a 3/4 year old bitch you know what you have by then wouldnt you say ? 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id breed from a 3/4 year old bitch you know what you have by then wouldnt you say ? 

i dont think so personally but that’s my opinion 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

She’s regularly in early summer , this first time she’s ever came in this time year and first time she’s come in twice in one year 

What are you hoping to put over her mate? Looks a nice strong bitch, can't see any problems if she's healthy👍

3 minutes ago, Backandbeyond said:

What are you hoping to put over her mate? Looks a nice strong bitch, can't see any problems if she's healthy👍

I’d like something pointer x because that’s what she is and it suits me but failing that I’m still looking 

• Like 1
Just now, mC HULL said:

what type was that dc 

terrier seem to struggle terrier seem to struggle 

Bull/grey/beddy x

I struggled with a few of my digging bitches....when taking litters as they got older...

Older they was,quality of pups was lacking,loss of size etc sometimes only the 1/2 pups ...Im done now ,what I got around me,is my last👍

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

I used to think the same way..

Waited till they was 6/7 yr old...then they was too old and knackered ,dog and bitch passed their prime...if I had my time again...then 2 seasons,and I would  take my chances,as nothings ever garenteed👍

• Like 4