It's been a while folks...

9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

That was actually the time both my children died in my arms, two years apart from particularly nasty cancers and I found I was using arguments on THL as a vehicle for my grief and anger. 
Luckily I realised and took a break and came back a lot calmer and wiser.

Cheers.

Sort of ends a conversation, that's something to get through, and you do seem very calm ,what you've been through is beyond words ,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chartpolski -  I'm really sorry to read this, truly heartbreaking for your family.. you done the best thing for taking the break away, and as you say came back different. Pain changes people in all sorts of ways, but good for you for recognizing what needed to be done 🙏🕊️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

That was actually the time both my children died in my arms, two years apart from particularly nasty cancers and I found I was using arguments on THL as a vehicle for my grief and anger. 

Cheers.

Sorry about your kids. I thought it was because somebody was using pics of your dogs as theirs, 

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

Sorry about your kids. I thought it was because somebody was using pics of your dogs as theirs, 

Yes, you’re correct, I let things that were going on in my life  get me into stupid arguments. It was easy, but wrong, to use THL to vent my feelings. 
I realised this and had a break from the various sites.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yes, you’re correct, I let things that were going on in my life  get me into stupid arguments. It was easy, but wrong, to use THL to vent my feelings. 
I realised this and had a break from the various sites.

Cheers.

Definitely sorry to hear about your kids, glad you bounced back

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

God bless you charts I lost my daughter, a twin, died in her mothers arms. To lose two is unbearable. Wish you all the best of luck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was a big boy that's for sure,  also built like a tank. Think it's a given that MoChara was a lot more agile lol.. but Jerry Lee done alright, he was originally bred for big game but to be fair to him he could still catch rabbits (his last one being when he was 6/7ish tho). His dad was an amazing all round dog , the guy actually had the dog stolen but  got him back. I'm not gonna sit here & make out im little ms hunter, even tho they were proven able someone who was more clued up & had more time to go out could of had them both exceptional workers - I had some life stuff happen and when they were still under veteran age unfortunately I never went out again which is a shame I know, and I feel guilty about it now they're gone as they both got me through some real tough times ✌️ 

From 8 weeks to about 10 months he was a lanky skinny mess looking to be honest -  then he filled out and my God he never stopped 😅 he looked like a smooth brindle lurcher pup, until he matured.

An absolute gentle giant in every form.

And I did search HIGH and low for a similar cross to him years ago with his size and frame to see how they got on working so I knew what to expect, I never found one anywhere  (At the time)

Told he was bull/wheaten/deerhound x deerhound, when I got him at 7weeks but looking at him - I sometimes think it was wolfhound if not plain wolf in him haha biggest regret not Dna testing him. Not sure if anyone nowadays might have done a similar breeding. 

I was very glad to finally see  pictures were still knocking about of him on here as all my photos of them as pups are gone. I did come across one of him between 8-10 weeks I believe. I'll try to attach it.

Screenshot_20240720-120625.png

• Like 3

Not long before he passed at Xmas there & Still fit as a flea. He would still be here today, only he had complications with a hernia he had. He had no bone/muscle problems no arthritis and his heart was strong. Vet couldn't believe how fit he was for his age, with his size but his quality of life would of been gone so vet said better to let him go painless and happy.

What I'm tryin to say is, ever since I got him people told me this and that, he wouldn't live long, he wouldn't work, hes too big, he will get bone problems  and so on and so fourth. He's proof big dogs can live a long life with no to little issues etc. 

Screenshot_20240720-173054.png

• Like 2

Oh he's lovely, same Jerry Lee didn't cock his leg many times in his life I must say - he stopped at 32tts but his rough coat made him look that bit bigger again especially around the neck 😆 the knuckles on him when he was a pup was a tell tale sign of how big he'd get.

• Like 1