23 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Smart meters, Nests, Hive thermostats Ring doorbells Sky TV routers WiFi everything that runs your house kaput too much reliance on this tech for my liking. 

Feeling quiet smug as I look out the window at my cattle, sheep, bursting poly tunnel and knowing I’m only 5 minutes from a river ! Lol 

• Like 11

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feeling quiet smug as I look out the window at my cattle, sheep, bursting poly tunnel and knowing I’m only 5 minutes from a river ! Lol 

Smart meters, Nests, Hive thermostats Ring doorbells Sky TV routers WiFi everything that runs your house kaput too much reliance on this tech for my liking. 

The moral, is you need to learn to take advice from us elder  statesmen  son. Now think on, you hot headed young fool.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Thl sleepover at wilfs !!!!! 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

My ring is working fine mate?

• Haha 2

Sorry, I thought you were stating that everything is out, my Ring was working fine when I checked it hence my comment, no innuendo intended. Lol

I've had no outages with anything, my Ring, Sky, etc.

I went to get some cash from an ATM , and before I could put my card in, an old boy sitting in his car said “don’t do it son, ( SON ? I’m 71 ! LOL !), I put my card in and it kept it and I didn’t get my money !”

So I decided I didn’t really need the money there and then. 
A part of the outage or just a coincidence ?

Cheers.

21 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I went to get some cash from an ATM , and before I could put my card in, an old boy sitting in his car said “don’t do it son, ( SON ? I’m 71 ! LOL !), I put my card in and it kept it and I didn’t get my money !”

Cheers.

The moral, is you need to learn to take advice from us elder  statesmen  son. Now think on, you hot headed young fool.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 6
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

You are reading it wrong….I quoted the old fellow in parentheses, I took his advice and didn’t use my card in the machine.

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

You are reading it wrong….I quoted the old fellow in parentheses, I took his advice and didn’t use my card in the machine.

Cheers.

Oops, senior moment son.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

If ever the day comes my son, and you are in need of a few readies, just bung me thi card details and I'm.ya man

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Even though this episode with the Internet has not affected me in any way it goes to show how vulnerable all this could become especially if in years to come we could become a cashless world and society. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I actually think they test it in small doses to see the affects whilst building up to the big one just my opinion but it’s been proven time and time again you cannot trust any governments worldwide.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Even with gold at record highs.....I'm thinking it's still worth converting any savings into gold coins. 

Within our lifetime I think most of us can see there being some type of world conflict..... and it's obvious that it will consist of at least 50% cyber war. Russia regularly sends ships and subs along the route of our Atlantic internet cables, just to test our reactions. Any attack at all will consist of blowing them. 

I simply can't comprehend keeping most of your savings and investments in simply digital forms and expecting it to be safe and secure or even exist for another 50 years. 

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Even though this episode with the Internet has not affected me in any way it goes to show how vulnerable all this could become especially if in years to come we could become a cashless world and society. 

Or how easily your masters could shut you down if you're naughty.

• Like 1