4 minutes ago, Pewit said:

What a strange notion, especially considering that said electric cars would leave all diesels for dust, so tell me, what's so masculine about a slow diesel? Lol

what bhp you think your electric car will be ? 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mind ask your mrs for permission first don't be getting ahead of yourself 

lol takes a certain kind of mincer to go electric i thought better of you pewit lol

A dpf isn't a filter as such, it's more like a catalytic converter for a diesel. Increase in fuel economy And performance.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Pewit said:

What a strange notion, especially considering that said electric cars would leave all diesels for dust, so tell me, what's so masculine about a slow diesel? Lol

Not macho but i can drive from South Wales to Scotland with the radio lights and heaters on without stopping and queing to charge the fckn thing 😁

Folk just repeating the clichéd narrative when in reality they know they are actually superior. Affordable to now buy, much more economical and cheaper to run. The rats in power though have decided to tax EV's from next year.

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

what bhp you think your electric car will be ? 

The bog standard Model 3 is around 240bhp and 0-60mph of 5.4, rapid enough, if you go for the dual motor you're talking super car acceleration.

• Like 1
Just now, Pewit said:

The bog standard Model 3 is around 240bhp and 0-60mph of 5.4, rapid enough, if you go for the dual motor you're talking super car acceleration.

descent but there’s faster cheaper diesels that can keep it up lol

3 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Not macho but i can drive from South Wales to Scotland with the radio lights and heaters on without stopping and queing to charge the fckn thing 😁

If you're only doing that once a year then it's not really a good argument for a diesel mate. I could get from mine to Cornwall with one stop of around 15 mins in a Tesla.

Just now, mC HULL said:

descent but there’s faster cheaper diesels that can keep it up lol

Not the dual motor they won't. As for the bog standard, you'd need something like a 330d to match it. 

1 minute ago, Pewit said:

Folk just repeating the clichéd narrative when in reality they know they are actually superior. Affordable to now buy, much more economical and cheaper to run. The rats in power though have decided to tax EV's from next year.

Mate my sister and brother in law have had 3, 2 have been replaced with diesels, to get anywhere near the claimed mileage you've got to drive like a 90 year old vicar, I had 1 a few weeks ago on hire the mileage between charges was fckn abysmal

1 minute ago, Bakerboy said:

Mate my sister and brother in law have had 3, 2 have been replaced with diesels, to get anywhere near the claimed mileage you've got to drive like a 90 year old vicar, I had 1 a few weeks ago on hire the mileage between charges was fckn abysmal

It's not the range you need to check, that's just been a bullshit sales pitch. When have you ever heard of people quoting a diesel or petrol cars range, they never have, it's all about mpg, efficiency, it's the same with electric cars.

1 minute ago, Pewit said:

It's not the range you need to check, that's just been a bullshit sales pitch. When have you ever heard of people quoting a diesel or petrol cars range, they never have, it's all about mpg, efficiency, it's the same with electric cars.

2 minutes ago, Pewit said:

you’ll do 450-500 mile to a tank in 335d and it takes 5 mins to go again 

how long to charge a tesla ?

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you’ll do 450-500 mile to a tank in 335d and it takes 5 mins to go again 

how long to charge a tesla ?

Depends, at home charging it will take hours, but at a rapid charging point you fast charge in around 15-20 mins. 

Unless I'm driving half way around the world a 500 mile tank ain't really needed.