36 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I have no idea what you chaps are talking about ,but as the thread goes on it becomes obvious who actually knows what they are talking about and who is winging it ,trying to be relevant a bit sad really .

you can tell you don’t have a clue lol 

ill dog me old books from college send you them if you want you will know all about them then lol 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mind ask your mrs for permission first don't be getting ahead of yourself 

lol takes a certain kind of mincer to go electric i thought better of you pewit lol

A dpf isn't a filter as such, it's more like a catalytic converter for a diesel. Increase in fuel economy And performance.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you can tell you don’t have a clue lol 

ill dog me old books from college send you them if you want you will know all about them then lol 

That's very kind of you ,and I'm impressed with the college flex ,but I am clueless about so many things so I am content with my ignorance ,thank you though .

15 minutes ago, Astanley said:

That's very kind of you ,and I'm impressed with the college flex ,but I am clueless about so many things so I am content with my ignorance ,thank you though .

“It’s better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than speak and remove all doubt” 

Attributed to Mark Twain but probably plagiarised from the bible.

Cheers.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

no flex the college i could not of gone and still passed everything i would a passed at 11 year old lol lol 

and the funniest thing is anyone reading about this that knows what there on about knows everything i said was on the money lol 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chid said:

Paper fuel filter then a catalytic converter then a dpf .. which one does the dpf most look like ... I'll give you a clue it's not the feckin paper filter . I know they don't work the same but the dpf looks more like a cat .. hence using it as an examplefuel-filter-w-602000015p-500x500-removebg-preview.png.1fc0232052c8c34e5447e77b61d795e3.pngPot_catalytique_vue_de_la_structure-5c49fe4f46e0fb00013a938d.jpg.1420be0b86b0bdf56aca79c6ec14823f.jpgScreenshot_20240718-194013.jpg.c5d79c028bb4a34b806c808b37a1870a.jpg

a dpf has more in common with the paper filter then it does with the cat 

a cat is turning one gas into another and burning off any unburnt fuel (pop and banging ) 

the jobs in the name lol 

diesel partical filter lol 

oil filter 

catylitical converter lol 

it uses a catylist palladium? and something else to convert carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide and something else into water 

here’s one for you chart lol 

a fool shoukd  able to answer it basic knowledge to do with the thread lol

why cant you put a pop and bang map on a diesel lol 

chid ?? 

12 hours ago, chartpolski said:

In what respect, Wilf ? 
Genuinly , I don’t know. 
I was a member of the Diesel and Gas Turbine Engineer’s Association for many years, but I retired long before all these eco restrictions came into place.

Cheers.

I’m not mechanical minded at all mate but every time you land at a garage it’s “could be a dpf problem” 

All these computer systems and dpf type things are the worst thing ever invented in motors, no such nonsense with an old landy where an old fashioned mechanic didn’t “plug it in” but diagnosed problems by holding a spanner on the engine and to his ear and told you what was going on.

Few nuts and bolts later, all fixed ! 

Everything seems so fragile since since car manufacturers made everything “better” ?……maybe it’s got something to do with all the money being made in parts rather than sales ? 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

a dpf has more in common with the paper filter then it does with the cat 

a cat is turning one gas into another and burning off any unburnt fuel (pop and banging ) 

You clearly ain't grasping what I was getting at was you ? 

I was describing how one looks and is placed to make it simpler for people who don't know.  

The way your talking people maybe think you can just screw one on and off like a traditional oil filter . 

3 hours ago, WILF said:

I’m not mechanical minded at all mate but every time you land at a garage it’s “could be a dpf problem” 

All these computer systems and dpf type things are the worst thing ever invented in motors, no such nonsense with an old landy where an old fashioned mechanic didn’t “plug it in” but diagnosed problems by holding a spanner on the engine and to his ear and told you what was going on.

Everything seems so fragile since since car manufacturers made everything “better” ?……maybe it’s got something to do with all the money being made in parts rather than sales ? 

an engine is an engine mate compression test it if it ok then it works not a lot to it 

dpf her cats are all for emissions and all have negative effects 

your ecu computers control all the sensors and parameters for the engine to run again you can have issues 

alot now don’t have a clue or even know how to read the diagnostic equipment just. read a code clear it lol 

alot are just fitters not mechanics they don’t understand what there looking at 

as i’ve said multiple times qualifications mean f**k all apart from you can read copy repeat your qualified why so many mechanics struggle unless it’s a set a brakes lol

Edited by mC HULL
15 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I understand the importance of getting more fuel/air mixture into an engines and getting exhaust gasses out quicker. 
Many years ago, as an apprentice, I “blue printed” a Lambretta engine for use in scooter racing and sprinting.

I had a one off inlet manifold fabricated to accept a Wal Philipps fuel injector, opened up and polished the inlet, transfer and exhaust ports and fitted an Ancelloti exhaust , amongst other modifications.

It was completely intractable but went like the proverbial shit off a shovel.

This was long before the eco nonsense and all I wanted to know was what were the advantages/ disadvantages of having or removing the DPF valve in a modern Diesel engine .

Cheers.

use to love messing with 2 strokes seeing what did what 

no dremel back then chart what did you use that was similar 

have to be carful how far you go don’t want the fuel air mixture pooling 

jet it better exhaust better reed valve 

kids dreams a made of lol 

when i was stripping engines replacing bearings etc me old lady would go fuvking mental when she come in i’ve got the  engine in. the oven lol bearings crank in the freezer she hated it 

5 hours ago, WILF said:

the days you only  had a carburettor lol 

but you right mate wires computers and all the emission shite all over really does have you f***ing about 

worse before was getting someone to push you off and cold mornings lol 

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the days you only  had a carburettor lol 

but you right mate wires computers and all the emission shite all over really does have you f***ing about 

worse before was getting someone to push you off and cold mornings lol 

Mate of mine runs several big truck dealerships and a couple of very big HGV repair firms, I know about 10 year back he told me they only make about £1500 on a brand new DAF XF sale but all the money is in the parts and R&M……over £100 million a year turnover so that’s a lot of parts and repairs !