9 times out of ten it's a sensor , don't go for a flush either  forced regen or replace. As said try some motorway in high revs for 30/40 mins . Everytime we've had a problem it's either the wife/mother has been driving it or it's sensors, 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mind ask your mrs for permission first don't be getting ahead of yourself 

lol takes a certain kind of mincer to go electric i thought better of you pewit lol

A dpf isn't a filter as such, it's more like a catalytic converter for a diesel. Increase in fuel economy And performance.  

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Stavross said:

They do it for better fuel economy, unless you know someone who knows what they are doing with the remap it can cause a lot of problems, when I worked for iveco we had loads come in where people had  done it and it costs a lot to put it right, people would blank off egr’s, smash out dpf’s and delete ad-blue for no real benefit, the only one I’ve seen where there was no problems is on a L200

diesel particle filter to stop soot better emissions 

as chid says take inside out and  remap it 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Chid said:

You can't blank a dpf, it's in your exhaust system.. 

Technically it's illegal to gut or remove a dpf and should fail mot. But they can't tell if it's done right ..

Don't know the price it'll all depend on the car , heard people paying around £300 for gutting and the remap 

The bosss payed 800 notes ,Had a works van done...engine blew up 5 months later 🙈

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

The bosss payed 800 notes ,Had a works van done...engine blew up 5 months later 🙈

taking the dpf out ain’t done that but if the map ain’t a good one that could 

Edited by mC HULL
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

diesel particle filter to stop soot better emissions 

as chid says take inside out and  remap it 

I know what it does; I was asking why take it out ? What are the perceived benefits?

Is it cost effective ?

How does it affect the M.O.T ?

Its like fitting solar panels; forget the eco side of it, is it worth doing on a cost /benefit situation?

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I know what it does; I was asking why take it out ? What are the perceived benefits?

Is it cost effective ?

How does it affect the M.O.T ?

Its like fitting solar panels; forget the eco side of it, is it worth doing on a cost /benefit situation?

Cheers.

it will clog up with with soot  particles end up blocked so choking off you engine quicker if your always doing short journeys 

i wouldn’t take one out to just do it but if you have issues good journeys or few mile low gear getting everything hot every once in a while as someone said is a good idea 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it will clog up with with soot  particles end up blocked so choking off you engine quicker if your always doing short journeys 

i wouldn’t take one out to just do it but if you have issues good journeys or few mile low gear getting everything hot every once in a while as someone said is a good idea 

Once again, I know this, but I don’t know what advantages are to be gained by taking it out or bypassing it ? 
What’s wrong with simply replacing it when the time comes, like changing other filters ?

I’ve seen the yanks put in bypasses to avoid the draconian emissions laws in California, which simply operate on a switch. They do this to release power in the engine.

Again , I ask what advantages would you be after by removing the valve here in the UK ?

I know what it does, but again, I ask would it improve fuel economy, performance, what ?

Pewitt has said so he wouldn’t get warning lights coming on, but if the valve was working correctly that wouldn’t happen, unless the sender/sensor was defective.

If someone said they’d remove the valve to get better fuel consumption or better acceleration or higher speed Id say “Oh, Ok !”

Thats all I’m asking.

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Once again, I know this, but I don’t know what advantages are to be gained by taking it out or bypassing it ? 
What’s wrong with simply replacing it when the time comes, like changing other filters ?

I’ve seen the yanks put in bypasses to avoid the draconian emissions laws in California, which simply operate on a switch. They do this to release power in the engine.

Again , I ask what advantages would you be after by removing the valve here in the UK ?

I know what it does, but again, I ask would it improve fuel economy, performance, what ?

Pewitt has said so he wouldn’t get warning lights coming on, but if the valve was working correctly that wouldn’t happen, unless the sender/sensor was defective.

If someone said they’d remove the valve to get better fuel consumption or better acceleration or higher speed Id say “Oh, Ok !”

Thats all I’m asking.

Cheers.

the price mate it will cost a lot to replace and could happen again in the future 

the quicker you get exhaust gases out and away the better aint it 

it’s not so much a valve like an egr valve 

6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Thats all I’m asking.

Cheers.

A dpf isn't a filter as such, it's more like a catalytic converter for a diesel.

Increase in fuel economy And performance.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Chid said:

A dpf isn't a filter as such, it's more like a catalytic converter for a diesel.

Increase in fuel economy And performance.

it is a filter it’s all it does ? 

doesn’t  do out to fuel economy performance it can because the quicker the gases are out the better 

Edited by mC HULL