I know DPF's can be blanked, can this cause problems further down the line and if so, can the DPF be removed or is there any other ways to navigate around it? 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mind ask your mrs for permission first don't be getting ahead of yourself 

lol takes a certain kind of mincer to go electric i thought better of you pewit lol

A dpf isn't a filter as such, it's more like a catalytic converter for a diesel. Increase in fuel economy And performance.  

Posted Images

Dpf don't get blanked.. 

To do it right you gut the internals out then get it mapped out .

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Chid said:

Dpf don't get blanked.. 

To do it right you gut the internals out then get it mapped out .

So don't get them blanked? Is all that an expensive do? Will a car fail it's MOT afterwards?

30 minutes ago, Pewit said:

I know DPF's can be blanked, can this cause problems further down the line and if so, can the DPF be removed or is there any other ways to navigate around it? 

Didn’t rate them myself……

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, Pewit said:

So don't get them blanked? Is all that an expensive do? Will a car fail it's MOT afterwards?

you can't blank the DPF, it's the egr that gets blanked, the problems that you suffer is that they get blocked with soot so blanking it defeats the object

Edited by paddyluke
3 minutes ago, paddyluke said:

you can blank the DPF, it's the egr that gets blanked, the problems that you suffer is that they get blocked with soot so blanking it defeats the object

You mean you can't blank the DPF? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pewit said:

You can navigate around it by hitting the fast road, get the engine nice and warmed up then drop down to third gear at 70mph for 5 to 10 mile

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

You can navigate around it by hitting the fast road, get the engine nice and warmed up then drop down to third gear at 70mph for 5 to 10 mile

All that for the drive to Co-op? Lol

Yeah I know mate, no good those short journeys around town in a diesel.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Pewit said:

You can't blank a dpf, it's in your exhaust system.. 

Technically it's illegal to gut or remove a dpf and should fail mot. But they can't tell if it's done right ..

Don't know the price it'll all depend on the car , heard people paying around £300 for gutting and the remap 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chid said:

You can't blank a dpf, it's in your exhaust system.. 

Technically it's illegal to gut or remove a dpf and should fail mot. But they can't tell if it's done right ..

Don't know the price it'll all depend on the car , heard people paying around £300 for gutting and the remap 

I’m genuinely intrigued ! What would be the advantage ? More speed ? Better fuel consumption ? 
I’m sure it would be easy to fabricate a by pass that was easily removed for the M.O.T ?

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I’m genuinely intrigued ! What would be the advantage ? More speed ? Better fuel consumption ? 
I’m sure it would be easy to fabricate a by pass that was easily removed for the M.O.T ?

Cheers.

Because they are a pure pain in the arse would be my guess mate. 

• Like 2
Just now, WILF said:

Because they are a pure pain in the arse would be my guess mate. 

In what respect, Wilf ? 
Genuinly , I don’t know. 
I was a member of the Diesel and Gas Turbine Engineer’s Association for many years, but I retired long before all these eco restrictions came into place.

Cheers.

They do it for better fuel economy, unless you know someone who knows what they are doing with the remap it can cause a lot of problems, when I worked for iveco we had loads come in where people had  done it and it costs a lot to put it right, people would blank off egr’s, smash out dpf’s and delete ad-blue for no real benefit, the only one I’ve seen where there was no problems is on a L200

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

They do it for better fuel economy, unless you know someone who knows what they are doing with the remap it can cause a lot of problems, when I worked for iveco we had loads come in where people had  done it and it costs a lot to put it right, people would blank off egr’s, smash out dpf’s and delete ad-blue for no real benefit, the only one I’ve seen where there was no problems is on a L200

Not that mate, for me it would be to remove the risk of getting DPF problems which light up all the warning lights like a Christmas tree.

• Like 2