44 minutes ago, poxon said:

Had my old line bred collie x bitch pts yesterday it’s true what they say it never gets any easier I remember picking her up in 2010 like it was yesterday got some grate memories with this gentle giant that will never be forgotten me an my misses picked her up in 2010 me an my misses were there at her end and berried her together rip millie 

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_7109.jpeg

Never easy when they go  my old shepherd bitch died other day suddenly nearly 10

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, poxon said:

Had my old line bred collie x bitch pts yesterday it’s true what they say it never gets any easier I remember picking her up in 2010 like it was yesterday got some grate memories with this gentle giant that will never be forgotten me an my misses picked her up in 2010 me an my misses were there at her end and berried her together rip millie 

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_7109.jpeg

good age poxon looked powerful type 

• Like 1

Cheers for the reply’s lads it means a lot she will be missed greatly she was definitely a looker back in her day she only had one vice she wouldn’t kill fox she’d catch em but didn’t want to get the job finished her speed was stupid she was the fastest dog I’ve owned good at closing large gaps on big land she was nuts for deer she’d work day or night and a pretty decent ferreting dog in woodland giving her size I had a proper good laugh with her and made some memories that I’ll never forget. I kept a stiff upper lip when she was pts but what done me was seeing my 5yr old son’s reaction the sadness in that fella’s eyes brought his old man to get wet eyed I berried her in my back garden next to my other dogs and ashes it’s a sad do letting go but it’s all part of the parcel again lads cheers for the kind words 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
42 minutes ago, poxon said:

Cheers for the reply’s lads it means a lot she will be missed greatly she was definitely a looker back in her day she only had one vice she wouldn’t kill fox she’d catch em but didn’t want to get the job finished her speed was stupid she was the fastest dog I’ve owned good at closing large gaps on big land she was nuts for deer she’d work day or night and a pretty decent ferreting dog in woodland giving her size I had a proper good laugh with her and made some memories that I’ll never forget. I kept a stiff upper lip when she was pts but what done me was seeing my 5yr old son’s reaction the sadness in that fella’s eyes brought his old man to get wet eyed I berried her in my back garden next to my other dogs and ashes it’s a sad do letting go but it’s all part of the parcel again lads cheers for the kind words 

It never gets any easier no matter how often it happens, look at it this way you both met and found each other when a 100,000s things could have resulted in a miss, you would be none the wiser, but she did you proud, consider your self as lucky, It's something that only people that have the passion for the sport understand, it's lost on town folk ,we speak a different language, and I'm glad I don't want to spend my time in the company of other humans that don't have a sex, just a lot of letters, after their name, the same people that wear their sisters snickers, and they often piss their sisters pants because they can't make up their minds which toilets they should be using ffs the damn world has gone bonkers.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 2

Poxon.... Shame that mate, but still a good age 

And just to echo what other folk have said in that she was a lovely looking bitch, just my type in fact... Collie type but racey with it

I take it you didn't take a pup off her then.? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, breeze said:

Poxon.... Shame that mate, but still a good age 

And just to echo what other folk have said in that she was a lovely looking bitch, just my type in fact... Collie type but racey with it

I take it you didn't take a pup off her then.? 

The pup I originally took off her died at about 11months old from lepto she was coming on really good I was certain she was gunna be my once in a lifetime dog But it wasn’t meant to be I done a repeat mating the pup I kept from the second mating didn’t really make what I was after a family member wanted her as a pet so I let them have her I have got the granddaughter to Millie bred out of Millie’s daughter from the first litter a bitch named Heidi. There’s still a bit of Millie’s blood line out there I think her original lines still going but think there more race bred/show now Millie was bred by Vicky grocock 

On 17/07/2024 at 10:35, poxon said:

IMG_7108.jpeg

IMG_7109.jpeg

She was a looker, don't get much nicer than that.

• Like 1