Wonder what's he'll grow into

17 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Lil pup somone basically just shoved in my dad's hand and he took home.  Think he's about four months now maybe... Curious what's he'll grow into.

IMG_20240716_160148145.jpg.c371fc2f469865ec8fefc6949985423a.jpgIMG_20240716_160203350.jpg.28cc60bf866435943319e629115ce005.jpgIMG_20240716_160206435.jpg.aec4b5ca8f8277578b18780d49083e2f.jpgIMG_20240716_160201639.jpg.7da2db18bca07b659bd10ecdeea6b280.jpg

Looking at his head in thinking. He's got some pit in him some way or another. Seems all the ones I've gotten that are pit mutt mixes end up being really nice lovable chill lap dog types.no clue why. For some reason though I fell like there something else to him but not sure what, then again I'm no big dog breeder type. What's eveyone think about the lil guy ?

1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Yeah think he's only 2months old right now. No idea what the mom or dad was  I'm thinking some mutt got with a pit , but past that 🤷

Eh?!  Surely you can tell a 4 month old pup to a 2 month old pup, or am I missing something, wolfy?!!

Not meaning to be obtuse!!  👍

17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Eh?!  Surely you can tell a 4 month old pup to a 2 month old pup, or am I missing something, wolfy?!!

Read the 1st sentence of the original post. Perhaps the pup is 3 month old, give or take a few weeks?

7 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Read the 1st sentence of the original post. Perhaps the pup is 3 month old, give or take a few weeks?

I did.  Two months to four months is pretty EASY to tell.

If someone gave me a pup, I'd know the difference between 2 months and 4 months IMMEDIATELY.

Edited by shaaark
40 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Meh not really  , is it sucking on a tit ? Is it walking around a weeded ? About how my brain goes 🤷

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Meh not really  , is it sucking on a tit ? Is it walking around a weeded ? About how my brain goes 🤷

Well, at 8 weeks or 16 weeks, it certainly shouldn't be sucking on a tit.

And you seriously can't tell the difference between an 8 week or 16 week old pup?!!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Well, at 8 weeks or 16 weeks, it certainly shouldn't be sucking on a tit.

And you seriously can't tell the difference between an 8 week or 16 week old pup?!!

I mean if you put the two side by side I can tell you what's older but idk man. Just not one of those things that really registers in my head I guess. 

Seriously put a puppy in my face with no reference guide or whatever and ask me how old it is idk....guess it comes off as odd , but never really ever need to age a dog so..... But like I've said many times I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed hence why I come and asked people who id figure would know *cough cough*

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

I think I see a little Catahoula in there as well. May end up being handy. :thumbs:

Lord I'm already dealing with this one 🤦😂 got a 50/50 on people saying she's a catahoula or a mountain cur.... All I know she like to run and goes after anything with pulse that dumb enough to try and run

IMG_20240717_181918366.jpg.dbb3632c0c2f79108e1d7aee9fd5d569.jpg

Actually was back over and Dad's today and one of the other dogs he adopted two years back and who is still around actually looks about like the pup

IMG_20240717_161426997.jpg.1066095c1bdb850ab5f39b876b0199be.jpg

Side note, why the hell is it every time a dog is in the really good natural stance that just shows them off perfectly...they won't hold it for more then 5sec ?  I swear by the time I get my phone out here back to looking stupid 🤦

12 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

I mean if you put the two side by side I can tell you what's older but idk man. Just not one of those things that really registers in my head I guess. 

Seriously put a puppy in my face with no reference guide or whatever and ask me how old it is idk....guess it comes off as odd , but never really ever need to age a dog so..... But like I've said many times I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed hence why I come and asked people who id figure would know *cough cough*

Lol, like I said, wolfy, I didn't mean to come across as being obtuse, just that the difference, to me, between a 2 month old pulp and a 4 month old pup is pretty obvious.  👍

7 hours ago, shaaark said:

Lol, like I said, wolfy, I didn't mean to come across as being obtuse, just that the difference, to me, between a 2 month old pulp and a 4 month old pup is pretty obvious.  👍

Looks around 3 month to me. 

• Like 1