Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

They are too boring to watch, pass pass pass get to opposition 6 yard line then back pass to own keeper ffs, they need an ian wright type of player back in the ranks, an out and out striker

Ian Wright was never anything special for England.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody who doesn’t ask his players to kneel & grovel, I haven’t forgotten as reasonable a chap that he is unforgivable.

I doubt they needed much encouragement, teams made up of mostly coons

No, no, no !!!! He’s shite, absolutely hopeless!!!! He should be allowed nowhere near the England set up !!!  Leave him in that barren, god forsaken football hinterland with those daft Geo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

They are too boring to watch, pass pass pass get to opposition 6 yard line then back pass to own keeper ffs, they need an ian wright type of player back in the ranks, an out and out striker

We’ve got one , Ivan Toney 

• Like 1

You can’t score goals if you don’t shoot. Fuk me titting about with the ball in front of the posts, short pass here then short pass back , no one moving into space, then let’s pass back to the midfield and start all over again. They just don’t have any personal ball control / skill like the Spanish did.

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My choice would be Gazza 👍

Gazza would be like get the ball, beat your man, pass the ball, scream for it back, beat your man, score a goal ...then... I've told yous what to do, why aren't yous doing it? Do yous need another can or some more chicken?

2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

That was the frustrating thing, nothing at all lacking in the squad we had in Germany, but for some reason that only he knows, the manager refused to utilise them.

Maybe because he didn’t want to play in a style where they were any use in the big picture ?

I think he played to frustrate and for  moments…..that’s what it looked like anyway.

And to be fair, it worked, the most dynamic team in the competition had to work really hard and get everything right to beat us.

Toney and Watkins only work with space in behind or space in and around the box, so to be fair when he did bring them on is when games had opened up towards the end and that also worked. 

It was all locked up way too tight before, hence Kane dropping in deep to receive and try and turn and look for a pass……much as I hate to say it about the big chinned Jew c**t, there are few better in the world at seeing that killer pass, fast, from the 10 position, he just knows where forwards want it. (Jmho)

It’s all way too technical and boring to watch and it lacks courage but we can’t say it hasn’t been effective in Southgates tenure.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, WILF said:

Maybe because he didn’t want to play in a style where they were any use in the big picture ?

I think he played to frustrate and for  moments…..that’s what it looked like anyway.

And to be fair, it worked, the most dynamic team in the competition had to work really hard and get everything right to beat us.

Toney and Watkins only work with space in behind or space in and around the box, so to be fair when he did bring them on is when games had opened up towards the end and that also worked. 

It was all locked up way too tight before, hence Kane dropping in deep to receive and try and turn and look for a pass……much as I hate to say it about the big chinned Jew c**t, there are few better in the world at seeing that killer pass, fast, from the 10 position, he just knows where forwards want it. (Jmho)

It’s all way too technical and boring to watch and it lacks courage but we can’t say it hasn’t been effective in Southgates tenure.

We haven’t always played like that though , when he started it was all swashbuckling play, 5 going forward at pace ( not many are quicker than Sterling and rashford into feet) with Kane hovering at distance as you adeptly put it . 

its been so frustrating as with the natural churn of an athletes cycle , we haven’t bled in our youngsters properly. Toney , Watkins , palmer , Gordon aren’t kids anymore . They are grown men held in bibs and told to wait . They don’t have to wait , they are top class premier league players . hopefully one of the positives of Southgate moving in will be the death of the midfield pairing of rice and mainoo. That’s not a partnership i want to see at the highest level , very staid and one dimensional . 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My choice would be Gazza 👍

Funny enough saw him walking through the shopping mall at Poole a few months back hardly recognised him tiny little man, looked about 70 stooped over and shuffling. I'm not one for celebrities or hero worshipping but would have loved to have had a selfie with him just too show everyone I know how much better I've aged 😉