Well the thing is, I am currently in Portugal. Decided on an all inclusive. As you may well know there are three mealtimes per day. I have never seen anything like it. Back to my theme. I have never seen so many obese , mainly female, in all of my life. I have watched these loading plates and actually eating on the way back to their table before discarding most of what was on the plate. Not only that, they return to a food section and do the same again. The children clearly have no parental control and grab handfuls of food as they wish. My wife asked what is your problem as this is all inclusive and must adjust to people being animals. Each and everyone including kids in high chairs were either on tablets or iPhones. Now I know things move on but this was hellish. Jok.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

The gluttony on display at these all-inclusive hotels has to be seen to be believed.., it’s like something out of an Orwell novel. As you say the kids are the worst…, breakfast lunch and dinner, plates piles high with cakes, pancakes, waffles and doughnuts drowning in chocolate sauce and ice cream. And the waste is downright immoral. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Did you see anything in the news about the 250 million pound wedding in India this weekend ? 

Shocking what people will Engorge them selves with with little moral compass mate 

Attended by multi millionaire and former Labour PM Tony Blair no less. I’d imagine Keir Hardie will have turned in his grave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Attended by multi millionaire and former Labour PM Tony Blair no less. 

And BoJo whose lack of sartorial elegance was obvious in a sack like shalwar kameez.

IMG_8521.jpeg

IMG_8522.jpeg

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Did you see anything in the news about the 250 million pound wedding in India this weekend ? 

Shocking what people will Engorge them selves with with little moral compass mate 

Any carrot cake?

10 hours ago, jok said:

Well the thing is, I am currently in Portugal. Decided on an all inclusive. As you may well know there are three mealtimes per day. I have never seen anything like it. Back to my theme. I have never seen so many obese , mainly female, in all of my life. I have watched these loading plates and actually eating on the way back to their table before discarding most of what was on the plate. Not only that, they return to a food section and do the same again. The children clearly have no parental control and grab handfuls of food as they wish. My wife asked what is your problem as this is all inclusive and must adjust to people being animals. Each and everyone including kids in high chairs were either on tablets or iPhones. Now I know things move on but this was hellish. Jok.

Me and the wife only holiday abroad in them hotel's that cater for adult's only and we often say how anyone can let themselves get that obese to the point they struggle to even walk and like you said mainly female and young when 40 year's ago even though their was obese people no were near on the scale it is now.

• Like 1

I was in an all inclusive once. A bloke about 20 stone ate the grub and drank the free local wine. ALL day. He collapsed pissed one night and I tried to help him up. He became drunk_ aggressive and kicked out at me so I just left him where he was.

What a state to get yourself into.

I worked in a leisure amusement park about 10 years ago. We would get these fat women visit with their kids and the fashion then was for them to wear them tight leggings things. One day I said f**k me they look like Space Hoppers and it sort of caught on with comments like "lot of Space Hoppers in today lads". Big fat women with just tights on the bottom half is not a nice sight imo.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I was in an all inclusive once. A bloke about 20 stone ate the grub and drank the free local wine. ALL day. He collapsed pissed one night and I tried to help him up. He became drunk_ aggressive and kicked out at me so I just left him where he was.

Should have cracked him in head, don't get me wrong I've been pissed lot of times as young bloke, but even pissed, I could still walk not badly, I know this because, I pulled few women, and most thought I had couple pints like most lads, but  I could hold me drink with in reason. I will say this regards obese/over weight people. I am one nature's slim people, just under 6ft, and 80kg = 12st 8lb I can eat and drink what I like and don't put weight on, my mom and dad were the same. My late wife who died in Feb, she put weight on dead easy, was battle all her sad life, her parents were same, more so her mom. It deff in your genetics how you shape up. I've got IBS as well, not that fookin thing really knocks you about you have to be very careful what you eat. Don't think I could go abroad now, with the food, and what they cook the food in oil/ spice, but he really ill for most of the holiday, sad but very true. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bird said:

Should have cracked him in head, don't get me wrong I've been pissed lot of times as young bloke, but even pissed, I could still walk not badly, I know this because, I pulled few women, and most thought I had couple pints like most lads, but  I could hold me drink with in reason. I will say this regards obese/over weight people. I am one nature's slim people, just under 6ft, and 80kg = 12st 8lb I can eat and drink what I like and don't put weight on, my mom and dad were the same. My late wife who died in Feb, she put weight on dead easy, was battle all her sad life, her parents were same, more so her mom. It deff in your genetics how you shape up. I've got IBS as well, not that fookin thing really knocks you about you have to be very careful what you eat. Don't think I could go abroad now, with the food, and what they cook the food in oil/ spice, but he really ill for most of the holiday, sad but very true. 

Weight is a funny thing . My late wife was 4' 11" , 7 stone , and could eat more potatoes than a pig , yet she didn't put on any weight at all .  Within a couple of weeks of having the kids , her weight just went right back to 7 stone. Me on the other hand . I'll walk past a packet of biscuits in the asda,  and put half a stone on.  I'm only 5' 7" on a good day , and I'm touching 17 stone at the moment.  The lightest I've been in my adult life is 15 stone , and at 15 stone my ribs are sticking out , my face is gaunt , and I look like social services should be taking care of me.

I work with a guy that's known as Dave the biscuit . He's 6" tall , and stick thin , yet I've never known anyone consume as many calories as he does.  He eats breakfast every day before he comes to work , then he'll have a belly buster sandwich from the cafe , and during the day , he'll regularly eat half a dozen packets of biscuits , and god knows how many chocolate bars and bags of crisps, he has a massive tea , and drinks half a bottle of scotch most nights. He's really self conscious about being so thin , and will sometimes spend a month or so eating even more , yet he's never able to gain any weight at all.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

He was just having a rest between courses juke , and you tried to drag him home . No wonder he was so upset 😄

• Haha 1

The gluttony in the Caribbean all inclusive resorts is unreal plates piled high lots of waste I’ve always wondered if the staff get to take any home as it is high end luxury food in poor areas that they would never be able to afford, also the drinks lots of North Americans tend to be walking around with these massive Bubba Kegs I was waiting to get a couple of beers at a bar once and a bunch of Canadian fat blokes asked for there kegs to be filled 3 quarters of a bottle of rum in each and a tiny amount of coke to top up, day in day out they do it and you just wonder how are they alive, it’s a very wasteful greedy world we live and the divide between the haves and have nots is obscene. 

4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Should have pished all over his porcine mask

• Like 1

It’s quite scary really. I’m not going to harp on but watching people waddle, with stomachs to their knees and behinds like a rhino’s is quite, dare I say , scary. Another thing I’ve noticed is that invariably they have an infant in tow. How the heck they manage that is beyond me. On a plus side, I’ve found out that there is an adult only restaraunt which is a result. Jok.