Lurchers at the Whippet Racing .

Met up with Max Hardcore at my local whippet club to give his lurcher bitch a couple of trials.836A755C-AA2C-4D2E-BDAE-6F4634AE8B9F.jpeg.e166211a816e759bfad82bbe047d1685.jpeg

Gave it a solo run out of the traps and with a muzzle. It ran well and did a very respectable time.

Later on gave it another trial of a level break with a good non-ped racing whippet, again, out of traps with muzzles. A very good race over 150 yards with the lurcher coming from behind to be beaten by just half a length, again in a good time.

I enjoyed the morning and the craic, Max certainly knows his running dogs !

Cheers.

7E8C75A8-AA18-4084-B7C1-178350D4B4AC.jpeg

• Like 18

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met up with Max Hardcore at my local whippet club to give his lurcher bitch a couple of trials. Gave it a solo run out of the traps and with a muzzle. It ran well and did a very respectable time.

Right, I’m assured this is the definitive breeding of Maxs bitch ! The coursing bred dog Splodge ; was put over  the coursing bred bitch Fettle; This mating produced a broken coat

Agreed. McHull will be on shortly arguing his desert dogs possess the best running  style: wearing quarry down over several days until they come to a standstill with exhaustion and malnutrition. When

Posted Images

Just now, breeze said:

Charts.... Didn't you run him with your deerhound x for a few bob? 

I’ve never run my bitch on the track, she has one job…..and it isn’t racing !

Besides, at over 28” she wouldn’t fit in the traps ! LOL !

Cheers.

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve never run my bitch on the track, she has one job…..and it isn’t racing !

Besides, at over 28” she wouldn’t fit in the traps ! LOL !

Cheers.

Ill bet she can shift. Im sure Docherty reckoned in his book on deerhounds, that his first crosses achieved comparable times with greyhounds.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Ill bet she can shift. Im sure Docherty reckoned in his book on deerhounds, that his first crosses achieved comparable times with greyhounds.

Max and I talked about speed, I like as much speed as possible in a lurcher , if it can’t catch up to its quarry, it can’t kill it. 
Plodders that wear the quarry down are a liability these day, I much prefer a “whizz banger” , on the field and off quickly. 
My bitch has surprisingly decent speed for her size. 
Max added non-ped whippet/grey to his coursing bred bitch and if this bitch he ran today is anything to go by , it’s worked, definitely a fast bitch !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Max and I talked about speed, I like as much speed as possible in a lurcher , if it can’t catch up to its quarry, it can’t kill it. 
Plodders that wear the quarry down are a liability these day, I much prefer a “whizz banger” , on the field and off quickly. 
My bitch has surprisingly decent speed for her size. 
Max added non-ped whippet/grey to his coursing bred bitch and if this bitch he ran today is anything to go by , it’s worked, definitely a fast bitch !

Cheers.

Agreed. McHull will be on shortly arguing his desert dogs possess the best running  style: wearing quarry down over several days until they come to a standstill with exhaustion and malnutrition. When his mutts spot a hare, he pitches his tent, arranges his sleeping bag and puts a brew on.

• Haha 10
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Agreed. McHull will be on shortly arguing his desert dogs possess the best running  style: wearing quarry down over several days until they come to a standstill with exhaustion and malnutrition. When his mutts spot a hare, he pitches his tent, arranges his sleeping bag and puts a brew on.

“ Gamer than a bull x, better coat than a deerhound x, faster than a non-ped whippet, is a plane , is it a rocket ? No, it’s a Hullshaw !” LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

i don’t have desert dogs lol 

i can’t argue with what chart said i love speed i’ve got more then a whippet grey aswell lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

i don’t have desert dogs lol 

i can’t argue with what chart said i love speed i’ve got more then a whippet grey aswell lol

Thought you had saluki hybrids mate?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

“ Gamer than a bull x, better coat than a deerhound x, faster than a non-ped whippet, is a plane , is it a rocket ? No, it’s a Hullshaw !” LOL !

Cheers.

gamer then a bull x correct how many bull c you seen getting dragged about tuck tail and jack ? they will say didn’t have the stamina lol i could show you this any sunday of the winter 

a saluki and saluki lurcher can have good coats chart lol 

non ped whippet lol i’d give ten to one odds on farm  land winter in the real world a saluki lurchers muders a non ped for speed lol

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

“Get the tent up lads, the dogs will be back in a day or two……..maybe”.

3D433974-815B-49ED-A8B8-10EA5292E5D1.jpeg.e39027fdc1aa2c656e5cd04dbe292f98.jpeg

Cheers.

• Haha 10
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I love watching saluki hybrids run,  but I prefer an up and at em, shit or bust style. Both have their merits. 

i like them to have speed keep gearing up using the mouth but the time the need to sit in and really hang on the dog has to have that 

who runs dogs that just run them down now there for massive land not a style i like