Whippet Dislocated Toe

Cheers, think I'll still go with amputation, he was quoting £1800 for that procedure and it didnt sound great for the dog, and apparently had about 80% success rate, so considering how its gone so far it probably wouldn't work anyway and would end up amputating in the end

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally,...I would always seek out a genuine Running Dog Vet.... They are out there,...but you might have to travel in order to find the right man... .. Such experienced and knowledgeable

🤔Don't be too eager to consider amputation of a toe...in some cases, there is no other option, and then you have to do what is best.. However,..by the looks of your dog's toes in your post, I fee

they would knock them out to worm them now ££

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, yanib said:

Cheers, think I'll still go with amputation, he was quoting £1800 for that procedure and it didnt sound great for the dog, and apparently had about 80% success rate, so considering how its gone so far it probably wouldn't work anyway and would end up amputating in the end

Don’t blame you mate , that’s a lot of money for no guarantee… it’s a gamble I wouldn’t take either … good luck hope it all goes well and heals well

, out of interest,how much for just the amputation? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Franks dad said:

Don’t blame you mate , that’s a lot of money for no guarantee… it’s a gamble I wouldn’t take either … good luck hope it all goes well and heals well

, out of interest,how much for just the amputation? 

Less than a monkey u dosser

• Like 1

£800 my vet has quoted me, including 3 re-dressings apparently. luckily I've got insurance so will probably just go to them anyway as the dogs familiar with the them.

Edited by yanib
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, yanib said:

£800 my vet has quoted me, including 3 re-dressings apparently. luckily I've got insurance so will probably just go to them anyway as the dogs familiar with the them.

I’d do the same , nice one on insurance, mines still insured at the moment, would have been better off getting myself insured…. @Black neck thought a monkey was £500 (googled it) … you lied twice to me … less than a monkey ffs … don’t know your monkeys from your funky Gibbons .. 

4 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

I’d do the same , nice one on insurance, mines still insured at the moment, would have been better off getting myself insured…. @Black neck thought a monkey was £500 (googled it) … you lied twice to me … less than a monkey ffs … don’t know your monkeys from your funky Gibbons .. 

It was 500 hundred when I had done but inflation is a bitch