Info needed bsa meteor

Hi there i was gifted a bsa meteor mk 5 i belive not sure. It is in bits and i am looking for it to be rebuilt and serviced. I am based in teesside. If any ones knows if all the bits are there and if it looks like it can be rebuilt i would be greatfull for any info the serial number is Th58470 cheers wallie

20240708_203242.jpg

20240708_203250.jpg

20240708_203310.jpg

20240708_203314.jpg

20240708_203554.jpg

It looks like the trigger mechanism hasn't  been disturbed so see if the loose  parts correspond to the ones on the diagram. 

Spare parts are easily available and any decent gun shop could whack it back together if you didn't  fancy the job yourself.20240710_211230.jpg.b03b41d7d34c07fffce18944c01d7f31.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They are easy to work on if you haven’t already done it . Looks like the piston washer is missing in the picture and I couldn’t see if the piston o ring is still on . I got the tw chambers premium tuning kit with the standard spring when I did mine and layer decided to get a t r robb piston head for it and also made a piston sleeve and it now shoots pretty well with no twang . It would also be worth making or getting a spring compressor off eBay to make it easier to put back together 

• Like 1

Very nice little rifles that many of us started out with. Not cheap back in the day so usually second hand. An accurate but low/medium powered single shot spring action open sighted air rifle I think is the best type to learn yourself shooting skills and fieldcraft. 

Nice to see one being preserved.

Edited by eastcoast