I joined this forum back in 2017 then promptly forgot about it. I'm an old fart, used to be referred to as a miserable old git just a few days away from my 80th birthday, so any thing that I may want to do will have to get done PDQ.

A bunch of ailments have buggered me so I don't get out to hunt much but was an avid wildfowler for most of my adult life which my work enabled me to follow up and down the UK with travel and accommodation shareholder funded, which has got to be the way to do it.

I've also enjoyed some game hunting in Scandinavia back in the 1960s together with a couple years in West Oz but never really cottoned on to the then UK style of stalking.

Nowadays most of my shooting is at paper and I'm building up a collection of Lever guns as they interest and intrigue me, usually buying them as basket cases then making them function properly.

I attach an image of the collection so far. Left to right 357 R92, 223 Ruger #3, 22 hi-power savage 99H,30/30 94 winchester and a browning BLR81 in 308.

levers 1.jpg

• Like 1