Would you bow to your boss ?

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

I felt the world had been lifted off my shoulders when me and the Mrs got our pensions. First time in our lives we were free. Brilliant feeling still.

True freedom is the best feeling ever,go where you want,when you want and do what you want without the shackles that fetter most,enjoy life Jukel.

• Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a Maintenance Manager and the owner started kicking off f***ing and blinding at me. I warned him I would walk. He carried on I threw my tools in my truck and f****d off I was 62 at the time. If

Iv just been told if im not willing to do 7 till 7  hours next week don’t bother coming  in …..My Answer was get f****d iv just jacked 

Nobody tells the dai dog what to do.... especially with 100k in his sky rocket.  Maybe don't go mad on the hookers and cocaine....at least until you find another job 👍

Posted Images

As a troop ssgt , I am in one of more unusual boss / staff situations . 

i salute my boss once a day , when we see each other for the first time , then I refer to him all day as sir . 

after that me and my counterpart in the section spend all day making sure he’s not making a f***ing idiot of himself in front of everyone else . “Troopy are you f***ing mental ? “ 

“have you done this yet Troopy ?” 
“why aren’t you there yet ?” 
“ get your f***ing life sorted out ! “ 

We basically validate his opinions in his emails , what’s achievable and what’s not. 

an unusual way of doing things , upwards development . 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I felt the world had been lifted off my shoulders when me and the Mrs got our pensions. First time in our lives we were free. Brilliant feeling still.

The labour party looking at jukels pension 

Licking-lips-thumbnail-url-37u3g1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

I work with my boys, I’d be the first with my head down a sewer man hole, and I expect them to do the same, I won’t push them to do something I’m not prepared to do. We have a laugh but I do tell them to get moving, we have stupid phrases that we make up and use for a few days,we have a simple rule , I tell them what to do and they get it done, with me on the tools. No point going to work to upset everyone,it’s a struggle with out bad feeling in the air allday 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I've run out of likes already. I've no idea how they work but would like a whole lot more.

Some good things being said on this thread.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

I was sort of in a management role mainly managing incidents, but when managing people I found every person was different and had to be managed separately a lot of the old reverse psychology comes into play you have just got to be able to read people to get the best out of them, still I haven't got that problem any more, as others have said a weight off the shoulders free to do what I want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

to the original question no i have had all five of them in the office and fired a lot of fucks into them and they had no reply.this is after many years of being pushed around and i will not have it any more.so good luck to you.

I’ve generally had very good bosses, but one incident springs to mind. 
Two of the directors called me into the office and said they had been told I left a training course early and they were going to suspend me for a week. They didn’t ask my version of events, so I told them they wouldn’t be suspending me, as I was already pondering an offer from one of their competitors, and they had just made my mind up for me !

As I was leaving, they said please wait and let us discuss it, I replied that they couldn’t think much of my worth to the company if they could do without my input for a week. 
I started work for the other company the next day.

I would never stay with a company where I didn’t feel appreciated, whatever the inducements.

Cheers.

• Like 5

So it's quite easy with Ken as my boss...if a problem is encountered we have a chat to see how to solve it...we listen to each others ideas then both agree I was right and we do it my way....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
6 hours ago, mel b said:

You're either a good manager , or you aren't.   Being a good man manager isn't something that you can learn . You either have it or you don't.  You can learn management techniques and buzz words , and have a fist full of management qualifications,  but , none of it is worth a wank if you don't understand people.

Best post so far.

I take this view, ordinary is easy to come by……there’s a zillion extremely ordinary people out there and one is completely interchangeable with the next.

If one of them says “I’ll quit” actually nobody gives a shit.

But if you have the knowledge and attitude to know you are better than ordinary, to know that you add value in everything you do then you have to value yourself and be prepared to walk off into the sunset…..but, in my experience there are very few firms who want to loose the people who add value.

A lot of firms are “big” firms, not the personal little small business some of us are more familiar with, and in that case it’s just a question of understanding what type of beast you are working for and knowing that you will inevitably encounter those who are not very good at every level, management included. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

As a troop ssgt , I am in one of more unusual boss / staff situations . 

i salute my boss once a day , when we see each other for the first time , then I refer to him all day as sir . 

after that me and my counterpart in the section spend all day making sure he’s not making a f***ing idiot of himself in front of everyone else . “Troopy are you f***ing mental ? “ 

“have you done this yet Troopy ?” 
“why aren’t you there yet ?” 
“ get your f***ing life sorted out ! “ 

We basically validate his opinions in his emails , what’s achievable and what’s not. 

an unusual way of doing things , upwards development . 

I know from our conversations that your world is no longer immune from all this “caring, sharing, don’t hurt peoples feelings” shit but in my opinion there are not enough honest, brutal conversations these days…..and we are generally weaker because of that.

Theres absolutely f**k all wrong with understanding your position within an organisation and still having enough about you to carry out your roles and responsibilities with pride whilst all the time trying to add value….that’s how you succeed in the world, not crying that stuff ain’t fair. 

The amount of conversations I have had over the years with blokes who broom round a warehouse telling me how “all the bosses are getting it wrong and the firm would be better with me in charge” whilst he propped up his broom and did f**k all…..my reply was always the same “Well, why f***ing ain’t you then ?” 

There’s a reason they have been sweeping up for 20 year ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I remember gamekeeping and sat having dinner listening to the guns discussing their cleaning staff.... I realised they paid their cleaners more than I got paid keepering 7 days a week.

I then went into hunt kennels, 13 days a fortnight, really grafting, skinning knackers and massive stress on hunting days. I'd see amateur whips and helpers out, both in kennels and on hunting days be treated like heroes, all the glory and no stress. 

So I went farming. Minimum wage, sat eating my dinner in the dairy freezing my nuts off getting up regularly to check on calving cows. Or eating my dinner while driving a tractor spreading muck.....and finding out I'd been being docked an hour for dinner time. Then watching the part time helpers at lambing and hay making again being treated like heroes, taken in the house for dinner and paid in cash.

I don't regret any of those jobs. But I would recommend anyone quickly realises their own worth and excepts nothing less. I'd love to be 16 and starting those jobs again knowing what I know now. I remember when I first went mole catching along side my farming job... and at £5 a mole I earned more in 5 evenings than I had pulling my stones out, cards in, all week on the farm. I got asked to build a Drystone wall in the evenings and I got what seemed massive money for it just doing it in my own time....and my boss on the farm was getting a bit of an attitude with me cos I wouldn't catch his moles for free anymore cos I was rushing off every evening to do my own jobs. A mate of mine left full time farm work at the same time for similar reasons. Still makes us laugh when we hear farmers saying they can't get good staff.....we would probably still be doing it, at least part time, if we had been treated right. 

I once heard someone say that nobody leaves a job.....they leave a boss 

• Like 3

Worked at a factory years ago that made bedding/pillows etc… there was a right cnut who used to sneak about hiding behind boxes and would grass if she saw you chatting… imagine boxes piled 5high (about 3m) toppling down on her as I charged into the fuuckers. Stuck two fingers up and walked out :laugh: 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I remember gamekeeping and sat having dinner listening to the guns discussing their cleaning staff.... I realised they paid their cleaners more than I got paid keepering 7 days a week.

I then went into hunt kennels, 13 days a fortnight, really grafting, skinning knackers and massive stress on hunting days. I'd see amateur whips and helpers out, both in kennels and on hunting days be treated like heroes, all the glory and no stress. 

So I went farming. Minimum wage, sat eating my dinner in the dairy freezing my nuts off getting up regularly to check on calving cows. Or eating my dinner while driving a tractor spreading muck.....and finding out I'd been being docked an hour for dinner time. Then watching the part time helpers at lambing and hay making again being treated like heroes, taken in the house for dinner and paid in cash.

I don't regret any of those jobs. But I would recommend anyone quickly realises their own worth and excepts nothing less. I'd love to be 16 and starting those jobs again knowing what I know now. I remember when I first went mole catching along side my farming job... and at £5 a mole I earned more in 5 evenings than I had pulling my stones out, cards in, all week on the farm. I got asked to build a Drystone wall in the evenings and I got what seemed massive money for it just doing it in my own time....and my boss on the farm was getting a bit of an attitude with me cos I wouldn't catch his moles for free anymore cos I was rushing off every evening to do my own jobs. A mate of mine left full time farm work at the same time for similar reasons. Still makes us laugh when we hear farmers saying they can't get good staff.....we would probably still be doing it, at least part time, if we had been treated right. 

I once heard someone say that nobody leaves a job.....they leave a boss 

K'nell Dido, Baldrick has had better jobs than you. You possess a lot of dark resentment You need to develop,a more left wing, 'I'm as good as anybody' outlook. I'll send you a Starmer party correspondence course on self esteem. 

Edited by jukel123
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3