Scottish deerhound or English deerhound

39 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I know slacky sold him a dog called Saxon which wouldn’t pick up and had loads thrown at him.Dave made it out to be one of the best he had so that would put me off talking to him.And this dog could run and looked the part but couldn’t do it.

Sired a lot of pups that dog.☹️

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve often thought about importing dogs, ( I’ve actually imported three; two from Australia and one from Saudi, but they weren’t working dogs). So why import , well it would be more from the hear

My first x, 12 months old. Not best picture, stands at 30tts.

Non-ped whippet; Back in the 60’s. Cheers.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Sired a lot of pups that dog.☹️

He did mate and was a cracking looking fast animal,but it goes to show you what stories can provide.

Hey folk sorry just back. I don’t have sources I was being polite so basically just a lurcher then fobbed of but to only folk that don’t know there dog!

good chat tho lol

I just didn’t like the fact I had a person mailing me about plattes deerhounds / lurchers! As me if they were authentic I said stay away it’s not a deerhound and it’s been bugging me a lot so they are telling folks in USA they are deerhounds when they aren’t just a lurchers! I took my dog afar to breed to a proven dog mine also had to be proven but I did mine for more height and brain with stamina lighter bone structure and more streamlined many things but it’s not a called a Scottish lurcher lol 

The deerhound has data right back to the first folk on Britain 

2 minutes ago, Jude85 said:

I just didn’t like the fact I had a person mailing me about plattes deerhounds / lurchers! As me if they were authentic I said stay away it’s not a deerhound and it’s been bugging me a lot so they are telling folks in USA they are deerhounds when they aren’t just a lurchers! I took my dog afar to breed to a proven dog mine also had to be proven but I did mine for more height and brain with stamina lighter bone structure and more streamlined many things but it’s not a called a Scottish lurcher lol 

I put a post up some years ago entitled “Are Pure Really Pure ?”

I traced the lineage of one of my deer/greys  back and found the deerhound sire had Ms. Nobles breeding that had , with the permission of the KC , greyhound blood added.

I traced the greyhound dam all the way back to “Pilot” in the 1800’s and along the way found “Rough Greyhound” and “ Scottish Greyhound”.

So, the Deerhound and the greyhound are fairly closely related in the grand scheme of things.

Cheers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Jude85 said:

The yanks are hounding the poor bloke day and night for pups

7 hours ago, Jude85 said:

If anyone wants a first cross I have a litter just now well only 4 left 2 boys 2 girls

IMG-20240704-WA0015.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0021.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0017.jpeg

Hi have you any pics of the DAM and the SIRE they be great allrounders  them love the rough coated dog,s.

23 hours ago, Jude85 said:

If anyone wants a first cross I have a litter just now well only 4 left 2 boys 2 girls

IMG-20240704-WA0015.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0021.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0017.jpeg

Does the deerhound work?

On 07/07/2024 at 15:47, chartpolski said:

A pair of Deerhounds;

FAE1B937-B2D8-4869-9722-C1C9C739BA20.jpeg.46b0830f89ab8758f642e4083e3d2496.jpeg

A pair of first cross Deerhound Greyhounds;

FA433A4E-FB30-47E4-8A16-82682B41B655.jpeg.5dd3ae76ecae09cfee8de174f0a812c9.jpeg

Cheers.

Do you know if there’s many pure deerhounds working charts ?

On 07/07/2024 at 16:53, Jude85 said:

IMG-20240704-WA0015.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0021.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20240704-WA0017.jpeg

They look nice pups mate