How would you invest 100k ?

31 minutes ago, mackem said:

Price has actually dropped on some roleys in the last year,they peaked maybe two years ago,not the investment they once were.The watch market isn’t what it was.

You ever see the guy with the big bug eyes in New York I think it is mack,selling roles flatout,good going over there still mate.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends what you want it to do for you? Make a passive income or just keep it safe and track inflation?  I'd buy gold sovereigns slowly over a few years (big purchases are recorded). Then se

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

Get yourself down to the Rolex shop, order brand new, might be waiting 2-3yrs, but when they come they worth it.

Mate of mine does it, other yr bought one, think it was submariner. Waited ages but paid about 8k brand new. Before he got back to the car the rep from shop rang him and said I cam get you 16k for that right now. People with money who don't want to wait. Apparantley happens every time he gets one.

Yet I have never had one call when I have picked a new casio up from Argos 🤷‍♂️

To keep the value do you have to have services done on them, if so how often & how much?

40 minutes ago, Francie, said:

You ever see the guy with the big bug eyes in New York I think it is mack,selling roles flatout,good going over there still mate.

Hes has alot of videos

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Waz said:

To keep the value do you have to have services done on them, if so how often & how much?

I haven't got any pal.

My mate always wanted one so put his name down for one when he was 18. Got that and sold it pretty much straight away put his name down for another and did same. He has done it quite a few times now. Think he has about 5 or 6 he kept but paid for by selling. 

Thing is people with proper money go in rokex shop with the "I want that one, I'm not waiting, next man on the list offer him double" probably triple to be fair but the sales rep keeps his cut. Everyone wins.

I keep pondering about it as an investment

then I remembered I don't have any money to invest 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Thing is people with proper money go in rokex shop with the "I want that one, I'm not waiting, next man on the list offer him double" probably triple to be fair but the sales rep keeps his cut.

Forget Watches of Switzerland or Rolex shops,if your in the market for a decent watch I will point you in the right direction,drop me a PM if your after one.

I used to love reebok trainers (still do) I had a pair of blue ones and a pair of green ones,I bought watches in both colours to match the footwear.

AABE6A26-195D-410F-9C5D-12A968428AEE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 04/07/2024 at 18:12, dai dogs said:

Iv invested in houses in the past bad idea Because the Queer Thing gets half when life goes tits up so looking for other ideas 

Probably not asking for advice on a hunting forum would be good advice 🙂  Find a reputable financial advisor. The 1st question they will ask is how much are prepared to lose? They build a plan around that. No magic money making formula. 

I'd have it spent on a lotus carlton 

It would probably make you money if you kept it for years but I'd have it as my daily driver.

I enjoy spending much more than looking at a banking app to see my worth.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, smithie said:

I'd have it spent on a lotus carlton 

It would probably make you money if you kept it for years but I'd have it as my daily driver.

I enjoy spending much more than looking at a banking app to see my worth.

Classic car prices are dropping quite a lot at the moment can be a good investment if you buy at the right time but prices depend on the economy and I can’t see it getting better for many years to come the fast fords seem to be the best money at the moment 

On 06/07/2024 at 08:40, mackem said:

Forget Watches of Switzerland or Rolex shops,if your in the market for a decent watch I will point you in the right direction,drop me a PM if your after one.

I used to love reebok trainers (still do) I had a pair of blue ones and a pair of green ones,I bought watches in both colours to match the footwear.

Is that a hulk? I don't know much but I do like watches 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Classic car prices are dropping quite a lot at the moment can be a good investment if you buy at the right time but prices depend on the economy and I can’t see it getting better for many years to come the fast fords seem to be the best money at the moment 

Tbh I'd never have the money to buy that car but for me I'd not sell it so value would not matter to me once I bought it

• Like 1
On 06/07/2024 at 08:40, mackem said:

I couldn't afford the trainers

PXL_20240707_203426167.jpg

• Haha 7
8 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I couldn't afford the trainers

PXL_20240707_203426167.jpg

In all honesty it was never about the watch,I genuinely did get the watches to match the trainers just as a piss take,the fat Mike £45 trainers meant more to me,I was gutted when both pairs disintegrated over time.I gave the watches to my kids (but still have a few nice ones tucked away).

• Like 1
On 05/07/2024 at 22:26, mackem said:

Price has actually dropped on some roleys in the last year,they peaked maybe two years ago,not the investment they once were.The watch market isn’t what it was.

Things like that are all cyclical imho, they get bought when there is plenty of wanking money around….when times get a bit thin and the wanking money drys up a bit the price gos down…..then when the wheel turns again they go back up again.

On 04/07/2024 at 18:12, dai dogs said:

Iv invested in houses in the past bad idea Because the Queer Thing gets half when life goes tits up so looking for other ideas 

For me it would all depend on what time of my life I was in, at this stage, I’d just enjoy it…..my view now is, as long as you have enough you don’t have to keep monetising everything.

As a younger man, I’d have gone to work with it.

No good being the richest man in the graveyard.

But I know some lads like messing about with all that stuff and there are some very clued on people out there, I’m not one of them, my business acumen extended to earn it, spend it, earn some more until I got fed up ! Lol 

Id use half to buy and fit out a little street  food truck and  put the mrs and daughter out to work on it....the other half on a decent little boat ,for myself and my 2 lads ,running a few charter trips around the south wales coast..

• Like 3