Bedlington bitch

Hi my bedlington bitch is due in season in about 6 weeks time and i am looking for a north east large whippet or small greyhound dog, can be a lurcher but looking for long/ruff coat type if not pure whippet/greyhound type.

Picture would be great please if interested.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes no bother mate. Nature has a way of regulating the size of the pups. The physical problem of a large dog and a small bitch is a bigger problem. You will need a platform for the bitch,  perhap

He can only be reached by a series of tree knocks after making the long haul up to the Caledonian forest, and then he'll only make an appearance if he knows you've got a bait box full of garlic sausag

Think will just use another terrier

Posted Images

2 hours ago, chappy030 said:

Hi my bedlington bitch is due in season in about 6 weeks time and i am looking for a north east large whippet or small greyhound dog, can be a lurcher but looking for long/ruff coat type if not pure whippet/greyhound type.

Message penda off here hell have what u need 

3 hours ago, chappy030 said:

Would a bedlington bitch be able to carry pups from a greyhound dog?

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

Would a bedlington bitch be able to carry pups from a greyhound dog?

Yes no bother mate. Nature has a way of regulating the size of the pups.

The physical problem of a large dog and a small bitch is a bigger problem. You will need a platform for the bitch,  perhaps lube, a bit of patience and some luck. A lot will depend on the willingness of the bitch and the persistence of the dog.

If the bitch doesn't like the fuss of a platform and being man handled , she may tuck her tail in. Tie a bit of string to the end of her tail and pull it the side to allow the dog to penetrate...or get a smaller dog!

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

The physical problem of a large dog and a small bitch is a bigger problem. You will need a platform for the bitch,  perhaps lube, a bit of patience and some luck. A lot will depend on the willingness of the bitch and the persistence of the dog.

If the bitch doesn't like the fuss of a platform and being man handled , she may tuck her tail in. Tie a bit of string to the end of her tail and pull it the side to allow the dog to penetrate...or get a smaller dog!

would you end up with bigger dogs overall in the end if you used a greyhound bitch and bedlington dog? Does that have any bearing? Ive wondered this.

3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Or ai her

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Samrog said:

would you end up with bigger dogs overall in the end if you used a greyhound bitch and bedlington dog? Does that have any bearing? Ive wondered this.

I've noticed the pups seem to be more leggy with the grey as the dam. This is greys I've seen crossed with bull or cattle dogs, not sure about terriers. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

Outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chartpolski is the obvious choice regarding this matter, and no mistake 

northernlite is another.

The pups won’t be as fast as doing bedding dog over greyhound bitch.As I’ve had 1stx beddiexs whippets done by whippet dog over beddie bitch and they are now where near as fast as the other way round.So probably the same if ya put a greyhound dog over ya beddiexs bitch mate.

8 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Ffs sounds a right game