so i have been doing this for a while and no my way around a gym/equipment but after so many years and a fair few injuries my biceps and chest are stuck on 44" and 17".my height is 5ft 6 Inches and i am about 92kgs.really need some advice on getting these two muscle groups to grow.triceps are good/lats are good and shoulders are good.have tried different amounts of reps and sets and going heavy and going light.have tried supersets but these two do not want to budge.so other than taking some juice is there anything else left to try ?.should have said tried different types of exercises on each group and do different things each session too.

• Like 1

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are a little fat b*****d. Just accept it. God is cruel.

Thanks mate hope you are doing ok.....the fact im sitting on here on a Saturday indicates where my heads at  im too mentally fragile at the moment to be arguing with anyone so im not going to add my o

Posted Images

Sorry ,not a huger work out guy, but I've always found push ups to be a good lil deal to do for all around work 🙂

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

so i have been doing this for a while and no my way around a gym/equipment but after so many years and a fair few injuries my biceps and chest are stuck on 44" and 17".my height is 5ft 6 Inches and i am about 92kgs.really need some advice on getting these two muscle groups to grow.triceps are good/lats are good and shoulders are good.have tried different amounts of reps and sets and going heavy and going light.have tried supersets but these two do not want to budge.so other than taking some juice is there anything else left to try ?.should have said tried different types of exercises on each group and do different things each session too.

Whats your diet like are you eating enough to grow

• Like 2
1 hour ago, .357shooter said:

At 57 I've got my biceps growing a little again...and I've put it down to starting very light...First set with just 4 kilo dumbells..set of 30 hammer curls ...rest a few seconds keeping hold of the dumbells...then straight in to a set of curls where you suppinate the dumbells on the way up...15..20 ...a few seconds rest then another set with the dumbells suppinated from top to bottom ...60..70 reps as warm up...loads of blood in there...

I then do 3 sets of hammer curls..now I never used to do these until recently I always thought just do a proper curl...but they do hit the biceps well...all of these I do both arms together...and try to use no body English and try for a pause contraction at the top

After that on to the preacher bench with the dumbells again....one arm at a time..I think its important to stretch at the bottom most folk stop short and just ego lift...

Changed my diet a year ago went carnivore so my protein has increased quite alot...so that might have helped 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, TOMO said:

At 57 I've got my biceps growing a little again...and I've put it down to starting very light...First set with just 4 kilo dumbells..set of 30 hammer curls ...rest a few seconds keeping hold of the dumbells...then straight in to a set of curls where you suppinate the dumbells on the way up...15..20 ...a few seconds rest then another set with the dumbells suppinated from top to bottom ...60..70 reps as warm up...loads of blood in there...

I then do 3 sets of hammer curls..now I never used to do these until recently I always thought just do a proper curl...but they do hit the biceps well...all of these I do both arms together...and try to use no body English and try for a pause contraction at the top

After that on to the preacher bench with the dumbells again....one arm at a time..I think its important to stretch at the bottom most folk stop short and just ego lift...

Changed my diet a year ago went carnivore so my protein has increased quite alot...so that might have helped 

That carnivore diet is supposed to be carnage on your guts at the beggining 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Welsh_red said:

Yes for some people....I had no bother at all thankfully 

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies yes to eating enough as lats,triceps and shoulders are growing.i do hammers and do the preacher curls .back has the nice v shape to it.mate at work said I look bit than ever.other mate thought my arms were bigger than his but he has 20" guns.

58 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

Cheers for the replies yes to eating enough as lats,triceps and shoulders are growing.i do hammers and do the preacher curls .back has the nice v shape to it.mate at work said I look bit than ever.other mate thought my arms were bigger than his but he has 20" guns.

At only 5.foot 6...I wouldn't worry if as you say they look good why worry....

2 hours ago, .357shooter said:

Could be down to shit genetics for those body parts

• Like 1
5 hours ago, .357shooter said:

You are a little fat b*****d. Just accept it. God is cruel.

• Haha 9
4 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

If your into changing your underpants everytime yiu sneeze , the carnivore diet may be for you ! other than that just use gsn food boxes 

• Haha 2