Just bought myself a new rod & reel korum set up rod & reel. A let my lad have my last set up the korum 1.75lb rods brace shimano bait runner reels the old style reels not the new bait runners & the korum tripod. A kept all my terminal tackle. Just need to get my rod licences on Friday when I've got some spare time. This korum rods a 2.25lb rod. Had some good write ups. Can use it for barbel , pike , carp decent size fish. Will see at weekend. 

• Like 5

Got a pair myself Ive been using for the last 4 seasons...1.75 lb/2.25 lb tips..to replace my old fox duo-lites...good rods these korum,Ive had barbel,carp,pike,tench,bass on them...only downside...is I had to spray the tips -so you dont need a head torch when its dark...Ive had some handy bits to field test over the yrs from them..mk 1 river tripod,(mk 2 is a massive improvement)rods,reels, terminal tackle,nets,banksticks😉👍DSC_6354.JPG.221e794b5774b3a6e002c14120d746e6.JPG

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Got a pair myself Ive been using for the last 4 seasons...1.75 lb/2.25 lb tips..to replace my old fox duo-lites...good rods these korum,Ive had barbel,carp,pike,tench,bass on them...only downside...is I had to spray the tips -so you dont need a head torch when its dark...Ive had some handy bits to field test over the yrs from them..mk 1 river tripod,(mk 2 is a massive improvement)rods,reels, terminal tackle,nets,banksticks😉👍DSC_6354.JPG.221e794b5774b3a6e002c14120d746e6.JPG

What reels are them danny pal. I've used korum rods the 1.75LB since 2017 a bought them after having a major opp got back into fishing instead of working dogs as much in the winter. I had the fox barbel rods before them. A bought them for 70 quid for two fox rods from a lad in Doncaster. When I went to meet him his mother opened door at there home. And a told her what I'm there for. Lol. She says don't get me started on this him buying & selling his fishing gear was Christmas time too. When a met him at 6 o'clock on Friday. After buying them he got in motor with his mate  & f****d off out , leaving me & are lass with his mother chatting. A knew straight away he was off out to buy some more sniff he was charged when he came through door shit round his nose . His mother said he's comes from local boozer back up home to meet me then gone back down there. After meeting him a went to otherside of Doncaster to meet another lad for three shimano bait runners the old skool reels 100 quid for the three which a thought was a bargain. A gave all my gear to my son when a got into breeding goldfinches. Because a didn't have time to go fishing. It's a full time job breeding birds. And making sure you don't get many fatalities. I'm home each dinner from work to check up on them. Back to fishing these korum reels seem well put together nice and smooth. 

Daiwa whiskers, bought them for this season..... before that I was using Shimano ultegra 5500 xtc's, I prefer fishing off the clutch,not used a bait runner reel for over 20 yrs👍DSC_6350.JPG.596abe41cb4c0a43656423e40aec24c9.JPGDSC_5124.JPG.4fdf210ab36b31ad46ae3b8e8a78f8c0.JPG

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Daiwa whiskers, bought them for this season..... before that I was using Shimano ultegra 5500 xtc's, I prefer fishing off the clutch,not used a bait runner reel for over 20 yrs👍DSC_6350.JPG.596abe41cb4c0a43656423e40aec24c9.JPGDSC_5124.JPG.4fdf210ab36b31ad46ae3b8e8a78f8c0.JPG

Locked up clutches and back wind old school lol

No good when your attached to a 20ft tree traveling at a rate of knots though.

Be good to get across to have a another go on the Wye again mate without the floods and minus temps lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

Locked up clutches and back wind old school lol

No good when your attached to a 20ft tree traveling at a rate of knots though.

Be good to get across to have a another go on the Wye again mate without the floods and minus temps lol

Give me a shout anytime your ready mate 👍

19 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Give me a shout anytime your ready mate 

Return offer here for you mate

That Wye was a bit up and down back in November, I bet it's lush all along that stretch now.20231111_144652.jpg.91da6d51dd246d838c2b82699a452457.jpg

Rivers at a decent level,not as low as it normally is for this time of yr,weed isn't a nightmare as yet...few fish been coming out... Including a 30lb carp from the rowing club😯..Ive had a few decent chub but no barbel myself as yet.....toss up between  an evening session down Morfa beach on the smoothounds...or a recce over Worcester way in pursuit of a zander...found a few stretches for them you can fish on a day ticket...all the full club memberships are full up with waiting lists🙄.. picture of that same swim when you came up last👍DSC_6285.JPG.78fcb22fb9a14ed8c21a660b3f30c4bd.JPG

• Like 2