RIP John.Another one of the few remaining legends of the sport to leave us.Was lucky enough to visit him at his farm in the early 90s when I was still a teenager and fanatical about terriers.Spent pretty much the whole time listening in Aww at his stories and laughing at a fair few of them.

• Like 8
On 25/06/2024 at 08:37, CO CHISE said:

RIP JP you will be surely missed by many 💙

I was lucky enough to share a good few days/digs with this Gentleman and was gifted many a dog without a penny exchanged. 

his sense of humour made the days even better and he loved to tell you about his past, he had a lot of respect for breay & buck. 

Just a few of his quotes 

“Not worth a cold cup of piss”

”that was a serious dog or dig”

” two land rovers deep”

condolences to his family and everyone who knew him 💙

lost but definitely won’t be forgotten  

RIP JP

• Like 1
On 25/06/2024 at 21:47, downsouth said:

RIP John.Another one of the few remaining legends of the sport to leave us.Was lucky enough to visit him at his farm in the early 90s when I was still a teenager and fanatical about terriers.Spent pretty much the whole time listening in Aww at his stories and laughing at a fair few of them.

Heard this man's named mentioned from a few old terrier men from South Yorkshire and always with the upmost respect and i had the privilege of getting to know lads from London who through Terrier's initially had dogs from some of the old terrier men from my part of the country.

1 hour ago, spindolero said:

i think you're right mate now you say it

Im amazed at how many dont even know the mans name

I think that again was down to plummer because he mis named him in the fell terrier

Edited by Bakerboy
  • Like 1