what a fookin year .

On 23/06/2024 at 17:35, keepdiggin said:

Buck was a real gem for you mate not my place but don’t put him through all the medication not dignified for an old warrior like buck 

Thanks mate , and all the good people on here. No. I won't. Let him suffer   your right been great lamp dog for me prob my best, he eating good and moving about OK, so 

17 hours ago, FUJI said:

Hey up Ray,sounds like your currently going through a tough time matey,very sorry to hear about your wife & now the issue that has arose with Buck,keep on keeping on Ray,enjoy time with family buddy & on a side note Ray old Don of mine has a cancerous lump on his chest,it first surfaced when he was around 10 year's old,although the tumour has recently grown somewhat he's still here & he was 15 gone March. Buck is a tough old dog too & I'd not be surprised if he's still plodding on in a few year's time too..look after thyself & remember nothing lasts forever,not even bad luck/tough times..better day's are ahead Ray of that I can guarantee. All the very best to you & old Buck.

Thanks, you right he might  go like your Don, go maybe make 14.he tough old bugger  had rough long l nights lamping, landing b/fences, jumping bloody ditches with a fox in his mouth, with herd cattle after him, I thought, if don't get out quick he dead then lol, yeh been great them 8years lamping  him. Hope your OK and family Ray. 

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lost me wife after 40 years marriage , so thats done me, now old Buck got a cancerous lump behind his elbow on his chest. took him to vets Monday , had a biopsy done. Thursday  vet phoned said don't k

Theirs an old saying mate if it weren't for bad luck we would have no luck at all and it seems you have had a belly full of bad luck lately Ray. I really hope things change for you mate and I wish you

Hello Ray Long time no see ( or speak) Really sorry to hear about your missus, that’s a tough one bud and I feel for you. I remember Buck when he was a pup, having his first runs up her

On 23/06/2024 at 23:17, Francie, said:

He could go on for another while ray,he never know,,hope your ok buddy,hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Will you be getting another pup in when it's the bigmans time to go?

Thanks mate, and all thl folks, yeh seems OK as yet, I just keep a eye on him, he likes food still, bit life in him on his walks. I did think before that  when the big lad gone to not bother with another lurcher. But I did think that after 36 years having them around me, I prob feel lost with out one, and more so since I lost my wife in Feb. I prob go in think for say a ex worker male aboutv4-5 year old say lurcher x lurcher with bit of, bull, collie, grey type  thing,  still make great knock about type for mooching woods etc in the day. Well that what go for next  for my next dog. But hopefully  Buck keep going lot longer.  Ray

• Like 3

Like a lot of guys on THL Ive been entertained by you and Buck's adventures over the last twelve years. I remember the litter and would have loved a pup, but I had too many dogs at the time. Its a pity Buck was never used as a stud. His genes would have improved a lot of lines had a mating happened.

Life is tough mate. Hang in there. 

• Like 1

Time flies. Shame you never bred from him. Hope things get better for you. He’s your dog only you can decide but if in no pain I’d leave him be pottering about. My old bull cross bitch was full of lumps but lasted a few years until 13. 

Remember meeting you ,trigger and a young buck at a terrier show-north wales/cheshire ?I had 6 chocolate terriers and a brindle bull x bitch in the red L200🙈Buck was 12 m old at the time...and looked a weapon even then Ray😉... you've not had it easy this last few months..but keep on, keeping on please mate,you take care👍

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Remember meeting you ,trigger and a young buck at a terrier show-north wales/cheshire ?I had 6 chocolate terriers and a brindle bull x bitch in the red L200

Fckn show pony 😂

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Fckn show pony 😂

In my defence....not one of those dogs  entered the ring that day...was up there for a nose about.... pudding head and his follower's in matching ridgeline smocks had a dog for every category...it would of been futile 😁

• Haha 3

Ffs ray kick yer when ya down or what won’t type a big post as can’t type very quick just a message to say keep chin up big lad ll still plod about hopefully for a few years yet if ya want a chat when ya at a loose end ya got my number I enjoy listening to your stories about lamping exploits etc take care ray Atb taff 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, taffey said:

Ffs ray kick yer when ya down or what won’t type a big post as can’t type very quick just a message to say keep chin up big lad ll still plod about hopefully for a few years yet if ya want a chat when ya at a loose end ya got my number I enjoy listening to your stories about lamping exploits etc take care ray Atb taff 

Thanks taffey, you right mate, it been  bad  5 months for me,  with everything that's come my way. But coming on here, helped me really, as there some good folk on here deff. I just taking one day at a time now, and see what the rest of the year, as for me, hope it bit better than now. 👍

• Like 5

Theirs an old saying mate if it weren't for bad luck we would have no luck at all and it seems you have had a belly full of bad luck lately Ray. I really hope things change for you mate and I wish you all the best 👍 

• Like 6
13 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Theirs an old saying mate if it weren't for bad luck we would have no luck at all and it seems you have had a belly full of bad luck lately Ray. I really hope things change for you mate and I wish you all the best 👍 

thanks mate, like ive always said on here some good folks :yes: 

• Like 1
On 22/06/2024 at 19:30, bird said:

Lost me wife after 40 years marriage , so thats done me, now old Buck got a cancerous lump behind his elbow on his chest. took him to vets Monday , had a biopsy done. Thursday  vet phoned said don't know if it malignant . said only way to give him a Op (£ 300-400) , but she did say it lot to put him through at his age as he 12 in august and might be to much for his heart to take. so said leave the Op , she said he could go for another year, or be dead in 6 weeks, so got to see if it grows any more, and starts to hurt him, if so i take him in to pts . ok i knows he old, and vet said didnt think he make 14 like old bryn did. But i am fookin low, he really ticked the boxes for me as lamp dog gave 100% every night freezer full , few foxes brill. it really his temp. very good with people , kids, good with other dogs, be very hard to get a dog again with such a nice temp, thats the real sad thing  when he does go. just put this up, as feel low.  Ray

Hello Ray

Long time no see ( or speak)

Really sorry to hear about your missus, that’s a tough one bud and I feel for you.

I remember Buck when he was a pup, having his first runs up here with me and Whin , and Bryn doing his stuff, big f***ing bruiser of a dog he was 😂.

Its real sad when they go , old Jake my Hancock dog got put down last year and I still miss him badly, he worked hard all his days that old boy.

Anyway, it’s been a long time since I was on here and only popped on for a read ( first time in about 5 yrs) and when I saw your post I had to reply

I hope things get better mate and chin up

Remember , a pup always takes the sting out of life.

Rake

• Like 6
On 07/07/2024 at 01:40, Rake aboot said:

Hello Ray

Long time no see ( or speak)

Really sorry to hear about your missus, that’s a tough one bud and I feel for you.

I remember Buck when he was a pup, having his first runs up here with me and Whin , and Bryn doing his stuff, big f***ing bruiser of a dog he was 😂.

Its real sad when they go , old Jake my Hancock dog got put down last year and I still miss him badly, he worked hard all his days that old boy.

Anyway, it’s been a long time since I was on here and only popped on for a read ( first time in about 5 yrs) and when I saw your post I had to reply

I hope things get better mate and chin up

Remember , a pup always takes the sting out of life.

Rake

bloody hell, how are you and family, good i hope. it really threw me seen you on here mate lol. thanks  really for  coming on the post. yeh Win  lol ,  he put Buck in a kennel , why we nipped  out with bryn think some rabbits or somthing like  memory  crap. but i do know when we got back , Buck  Wreaked  the kennel  , fookin  Win  went crazy , said in his Jock lingo  A FOOKIN GRIZZLY smashed my fookin kennel    HaHa , i not funny  , but  the more he went mad , i couldnt stop laughing   HaHa . how is the old prat, tell him i asked .    Ray                         ps  folks  read this if you know of win      lol

• Like 2
On 22/06/2024 at 19:30, bird said:

Lost me wife after 40 years marriage , so thats done me, now old Buck got a cancerous lump behind his elbow on his chest. took him to vets Monday , had a biopsy done. Thursday  vet phoned said don't know if it malignant . said only way to give him a Op (£ 300-400) , but she did say it lot to put him through at his age as he 12 in august and might be to much for his heart to take. so said leave the Op , she said he could go for another year, or be dead in 6 weeks, so got to see if it grows any more, and starts to hurt him, if so i take him in to pts . ok i knows he old, and vet said didnt think he make 14 like old bryn did. But i am fookin low, he really ticked the boxes for me as lamp dog gave 100% every night freezer full , few foxes brill. it really his temp. very good with people , kids, good with other dogs, be very hard to get a dog again with such a nice temp, thats the real sad thing  when he does go. just put this up, as feel low.  Ray

Sorry to hear this Ray I can remember reading on here when you got bryn and buck. Going back a bit.

i hope things are on the up for you again soon.

life it tough and nothing stays the same forever 

sirius

9 minutes ago, Sirius said:

Sorry to hear this Ray I can remember reading on here when you got bryn and buck. Going back a bit.

i hope things are on the up for you again soon.

life it tough and nothing stays the same forever 

sirius

thanks mate , i had very input from all the folks on here, sound people . yes you gone back 12 years when Buck was a pup, it worked out real well with the 2 of them, because as young pup, Buck settled in real quick with bryn, and was top dog all the while , Buck never had a go at him, if grabbed like his foxes, it wreaked bryn. but they were real good mates bonded real well. little fookin woody the jack x  took over the 2 of them the little shit lol.Buck missed old bryn for good 6 months or more. just got back with 2 of them, just fed Buck, little woody  lock him in garden , then loose him there compound after, as walk about then pisses off lol.   yes it is hard, and seem to get sad a lot. like just watching England , she loved football, loved the wolves our team, it was strange really, norm with chat about the match together , and prb say there crap or something, ok i watched the game was fed up with what i saw, but real strange on your own, talking to your self , i loose me own arguments  lol . hope your ok mate and family    Ray