Full beagles

I've had a special interest in hunting hounds for a number of years. I mainly use Beagles, but a couple of years ago I did include a foxhound in my pack. There is only the one breeder, of the Fox Hound breed in New Zealand and in the last 20 years I can't recall any pups  offered for sale, so it's fair to say they are a rare breed.  At one time I had six beagles in total but moved away from the breed when my best two remaining beagles suffered misadventures. During those days, I swore I'd never have another and if I did, I would not have more than two in total, if I ever decided to get back into the breed. Fast-forward to a couple of years ago when I brought a lemon & white bitch of working stock, I then brought a dog &  another lovely marked tri coloured bitch, who sneaked behind the shed to meet up to Barney the male, the resulting littler numbered  6, but we had some bad luck, in which we lost 2 of the pups when they were just born. Of the remaining four, my grown daughter took one bitch & I kept the other three, made up of two bitches and a dog. I've just started the 3 x 6-month-old pups, and they keen to hunt. Rabbits are the target, with the odd hare thrown in as it's impossible not to jump several during a hunt, they outnumber the rabbits here by ten to one. I love to hear the roar of the hounds on the chase, it's the best part of hunting with hounds. I will try to throw up some pictures tonight.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 5