Non ped whippet x bull

4 hours ago, Backandbeyond said:

Never had a grey as a runner.

I raised a pure grey as a hunter, he was very game and was good on fox and roos, too clumsy for ferreting, I only hunt daytime. He was also very loyal and a good guard. His feet let him down and got cut up a lot where I've never had that with whippets or staghounds.

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This bitch could run and catch anything and game too.

And another thing don't take some of the people on here to seriously they must have a sense of humour to be on here believe me I'm not gonna come on here start bragging about dogs and all that nonsens

To quote that old THL saying; “ if only you were closer”, you’d get your eggs for free, got to take care of my protege “LOL” Just back from feeding the poultry and collecting the eggs. Hens

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Marvel said:

Can’t remember ever seeing a litter 3/4 grey 1/4 bull advertised.

Mind you those picardy lurchers that you run are handy enough I wish I had 1 about now 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, dogmandont said:

3/8 is ideal for fox in my opinion any less and they just lose something, don't know if it's grit or robustness just something, on paper a 3/4 should be the perfect animal for the job but from my own experience they couldn't do what a good 3/8 or 1/2 cross could, not saying they don't exist just I never seen a real one that I would of fed. 

Used to take my mates fawn Greyhound bitch out years ago would be as good a dog Ive ever seen around holes fckn thing was mental for it

• Like 4
On 21/07/2024 at 23:30, dogmandont said:

3/8 is ideal for fox in my opinion any less and they just lose something, don't know if it's grit or robustness just something, on paper a 3/4 should be the perfect animal for the job but from my own experience they couldn't do what a good 3/8 or 1/2 cross could, not saying they don't exist just I never seen a real one that I would of fed. 

I bred a good genuine 1/4 dog his littersister I kept but gave away in the end would do for most people but she didn’t have that real bull x mentality like her litter brother does 

• Like 1
On 22/07/2024 at 01:05, Aussie Whip said:

I raised a pure grey as a hunter, he was very game and was good on fox and roos, too clumsy for ferreting, I only hunt daytime. He was also very loyal and a good guard. His feet let him down and got cut up a lot where I've never had that with whippets or staghounds.

Yeah  deerhound  as  good feet and  wind    , OK the none ped whippets could have good  feet  wind  from  the greyhound  and the  staff  in there genes    , but didn't think kc whippet  would  as it a more refined  type,  than more rugged  none ped whippets  , some  of the males hit 23-24in..36lb mad buggers  the males pile into foxes,  and cats  a bloke down Cannock  had to muzzle them in the street   as  had few cats there lol 😆 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bird said:

Yeah  deerhound  as  good feet and  wind    , OK the none ped whippets could have good  feet  wind  from  the greyhound  and the  staff  in there genes    , but didn't think kc whippet  would  as it a more refined  type,  than more rugged  none ped whippets  , some  of the males hit 23-24in..36lb mad buggers  the males pile into foxes,  and cats  a bloke down Cannock  had to muzzle them in the street   as  had few cats there lol 😆 

I've never owned a kc whippet so the whippets I've owned could have had different breeds in them. They were all from workers. What we call working whippets over here are probably more whippet based lurchers. I wish I'd got my blue bitch DNA tested, I could see hints of staff and maybe cattle dog in her. She was extremely intelligent as well as a great rabbit dog. I know she was 1/4 stag.

shady.JPG

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've never owned a kc whippet so the whippets I've owned could have had different breeds in them. They were all from workers. What we call working whippets over here are probably more whippet based lurchers. I wish I'd got my blue bitch DNA tested, I could see hints of staff and maybe cattle dog in her. She was extremely intelligent as well as a great rabbit dog. I know she was 1/4 stag.

shady.JPG

Stone the flaming crows they look good cobbah

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 21/07/2024 at 23:04, Pewit said:

Can't believe I bought a 3/4 collie x greyhound off Hancock back in the mid 90's off a greyhound called "Oi you!"

He must have known that little about it he didn't even know it's name! 😂

I know a well known lurcher man from south Yorkshire who is also involved with greyhounds and remember him telling me he offered Hancock a couple of greyhound bitches that had come to the end of their racing career and all Hancock was bothered about was if they came in season regular and never asked if they were injury prone or any other problems they might have. 

• Like 2
On 22/07/2024 at 17:18, Bakerboy said:

Used to take my mates fawn Greyhound bitch out years ago would be as good a dog Ive ever seen around holes fckn thing was mental for it

What year, roughly, would that have been, Bb?