Non ped whippet x bull

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

These types ain't the best for golf course rabbits, charts.

Schoolboy, well, veteran lurcher owner, error, eh?!  Lol.

I know you'll take these comments as they are.  👍

Errors ? Yeah, we all make them, best to admit them and learn from them, I’m never too old to make mistakes ! LOL !

Cheets.

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This bitch could run and catch anything and game too.

And another thing don't take some of the people on here to seriously they must have a sense of humour to be on here believe me I'm not gonna come on here start bragging about dogs and all that nonsens

To quote that old THL saying; “ if only you were closer”, you’d get your eggs for free, got to take care of my protege “LOL” Just back from feeding the poultry and collecting the eggs. Hens

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Ooh ! You’ve done it now and mentioned the”M” word ! 
5BE55799-F8F2-4A96-A60B-9B5FDB8F446A.jpeg.a1d0fcc5cc21c32cf7ec04511a1c9d06.jpeg

Cheers.

Kin el, charts, what you doing showing a great dane in a lurcher class?!!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Errors ? Yeah, we all make them, best to admit them and learn from them, I’m never too old to make mistakes ! LOL !

Cheets.

Wasn't being obtuse, mate lol.  👍

Anybody got a photo of 'Blue' the dog which Minshaw bred? He was very thick set.

I had a bitch which was out of a daughter of Blue back to Blue. It was shit. I was unlucky Alf.

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

A son of Blue ... Rambo,really did look like a great dane. But a brilliant lamper.

Just now, shaaark said:

That’s Moscow, litter brother to Jack. He was a big dog, not mine by the way. 
Co-incidentally, Slack was mentioned on the deer/grey thread, that’s his wife standing next to me with one of his old deer/greys, in a veterans lurcher class, the dogs were the veterans I hasten to add, although the handlers could probably be so described also ! LOL !

Cheers.

22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

That’s Moscow, litter brother to Jack. He was a big dog, not mine by the way. 
Co-incidentally, Slack was mentioned on the deer/grey thread, that’s his wife standing next to me with one of his old deer/greys, in a veterans lurcher class, the dogs were the veterans I hasten to add, although the handlers could probably be so described also ! LOL !

Cheers.

I've heard Moscow was a good dog. There was a Carlisle Minshaw dog called Tartan? I think which I've heard was a veritable hoover for rabbits and other game.

Of course you never know how much exaggeration, sometimes bourne out of enthusiasm and  sometimes out of bull shittery comes into play when mentioning dogs of the past.

My best dog was a 3/4 greyhound/ collie bitch in the 70s. I always look back and think she was the bees' knees, but I forget about the times she hunted up after the lamp was switched off, or the time I was chased by a farmer in a Land rover and she refused to be caught up and ran around looking for game with her eyes flashing like Blackpool illuminations. She did have the knack though. Like most good uns she died young, 6 years old from Cushings.

Edited by jukel123
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

How can a lurcher lack pace for lamping? I genuinely don't understand that. Imo you don't need a fast dog at night. In fact a finely built dog is more of a liability when lamping. They don't take kindly to knocks and run out of gas  more easily.     ???

Big flat arable land without hedges or fences stuff goes like shit off a stick. I started out with a whippet which is the ideal rabbit dog to many but not round here on the mosses.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Black neck said:

In case anyone wondering jukel called him a c**t 

I resemble that remark !

In truth my post merely wished him the best of luck with the mating and offered my sincere hope he found good working, knowledgeable homes for his pups. I further promised  not to pollute the thread with the M word anymore. Mea culpa.

3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I resemble that remark !

In truth my post merely wished him the best of luck with the mating and offered my sincere hope he found good working, knowledgeable homes for his pups. I further promised  not to pollute the thread with the M word anymore. Mea culpa.

My mistake